Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Post by nwnjw01 »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:40 am So to the deluge of daily specials appearing on Ebay now there is £1 selling after a hiatus. How do the scalpers grab so many? The CW website was glacial to impossible as far as I could see.
I don’t know how the scalpers doesn’t it either...

But about the website speed, I am probably amongst the most critical of its performance, even on a normal day it’s not particularly good, but during the recent daily specials it sank to new lows... truly awful.
But on the last day at least for me it was in a new league performance wise, it was even responsive when we were all refreshing like crazy....
So unless it’s previous performance had hacked everyone off so much that they didn’t even give it a look in, it’s looking good for the future .... hopefully... 😁
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I'm sure there is software out there that help people get these sales items.
Similar to the automated ticket purchasing software that touts use on sites such as Ticketmaster.

This sort of thing would have probably been cost prohibitive in the past, but it's relatively cheap to get someone on the Asian continent to knock up an application these days.

Of course, they may be/or have access to insiders.
Pure speculation of course.
Ryan
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

StrappedUp wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:22 pm I'm sure there is software out there that help people get these sales items.
Similar to the automated ticket purchasing software that touts use on sites such as Ticketmaster.

This sort of thing would have probably been cost prohibitive in the past, but it's relatively cheap to get someone on the Asian continent to knock up an application these days.

That’s interesting ....

If it is what’s happening it could possibly explain the crappy website performance.. particularly experienced at sale times ..
it might in some way flood the comms so that only the comms it generates gets through to make a purchases.

Although if that is true then it doesn’t explain the other contributors to this topic that have succeeded in buying watches legitimately , nor does it explain the better performance of the website on the final day of the sale...

Unless .,,,, CW have twigged that this is what is happening and have taken steps to void the interference?
🧐
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

StrappedUp wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:22 pm I'm sure there is software out there that help people get these sales items.

Given the problems people have had getting on the site and losing items before they could checkout it had crossed my mind. It's a poor site that doesn't reserve your item for ten or fifteen minutes when you put it in a basket though.

Bird Bot hit the news recently with Nintendo Switch shortages and it's hardly like it's the only program out there.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

I haven’t seen the £1 listing from eBay yet.....
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

willttqs wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 pm I haven’t seen the £1 listing from eBay yet.....
£1 sellers fee this weekend 1 May - 4 May

Got a couple up myself, sold one already. Not CWs
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

Super thanks very much. It didn't come through as an email but I have now activated it. Time to move a couple of things on, possibly! I have a Rolex I am tempted to sell, but it is worth more than the £2500 royal mail limit so not sure.....
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

willttqs wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:47 pm Super thanks very much. It didn't come through as an email but I have now activated it. Time to move a couple of things on, possibly! I have a Rolex I am tempted to sell, but it is worth more than the £2500 royal mail limit so not sure.....
There are still a few insured way above £2.5k options out there. You send by RMSD, but take out separate insurance.

I haven’t used them but have seen them mentioned on TZ-UK. Google is your friend. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Andy_f wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Andy_f wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean by the wobble? Is that the feeling of the self winding movement?

I saw one recently on eBay but hesitated too long
Ah, I see what you mean. I knew about the 7750 movement but as I’ve not owned one before I’m yet to know how it feels.
@Andy_f, a C700 has now become available in sales corner (not mine) if you are interested
Andy_f
Junior
Junior

Post by Andy_f »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:30 pm

@Andy_f, a C700 has now become available in sales corner (not mine) if you are interested
Thanks for looking out for me, really appreciate it. Already spoken with the buyer but unfortunately the price doesn’t seem competitive with what I’m seeing elsewhere. Do appreciate the headsup though!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Andy_f wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:48 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks for looking out for me, really appreciate it. Already spoken with the buyer but unfortunately the price doesn’t seem competitive with what I’m seeing elsewhere. Do appreciate the headsup though!
No probs :)
apm101
Senior
Senior

Post by apm101 »

Couple of TMB special editions up at the moment, 30% off nearly new (in the clearance section).

Daily specials doesn't seem to be working...
CW C65 SC, Rolex Sub 16610, Hamilton Khaki Field King, Seiko Black Monster gen 1
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

apm101 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 pm Couple of TMB special editions up at the moment, 30% off nearly new (in the clearance section).

Those two TMB,s have been there for many weeks.... and in previous “sales”, (or similar), either they aren’t attracting that much interest/attention or there are lots of them waiting on new owners.

The daily specials also finished about two weeks ago.

I think the next round of discounting is likely to be the Mid year sales, around July time.. 😎
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

nwnjw01 wrote:
apm101 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 pm Couple of TMB special editions up at the moment, 30% off nearly new (in the clearance section).

Those two TMB,s have been there for many weeks.... and in previous “sales”, (or similar), either they aren’t attracting that much interest/attention or there are lots of them waiting on new owners.

The daily specials also finished about two weeks ago.

I think the next round of discounting is likely to be the Mid year sales, around July time.. Image
One of the guys on the CWE Group bought an AlDeere C8 SH21 on Friday, VE Day. He is ex-RAF.

Somewhat appropriate.

If CW are still listing it, maybe they had more than one 'Nearly New'.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England