I made a gorgeous precision time piece out of the cardboard box that contained my Christopher Ward watch!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MikeD

I made a gorgeous precision time piece out of the cardboard box that contained my Christopher Ward watch!

Post by MikeD »

I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to show that even the box that contained my Christopher Ward watch has a use!

I bought my Christopher Ward watch some years ago and kept the box because I liked it so much.

I'm a hobbiest maker and during our pandemic, I made a unique clock. I went looking for a suitable presentation box and I found it, courtesy of Christopher Ward. Now, it's not really the centrepiece of the new clock, but trust me, it IS the box that contained my Battle of Britain commemorative timepiece!

You can see the clock here: https://youtu.be/MkVFzKd4jpo

If you're interested in how I did it, I've documented it here :http://www.whatimade.today/making-a-ver ... t-clock-2/

Mike D
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: I made a gorgeous precision time piece out of the cardboard box that contained my Christopher Ward watch!

Post by Viognier »

A skill set I do not have ! Creative.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: I made a gorgeous precision time piece out of the cardboard box that contained my Christopher Ward watch!

Post by gannet »

That's different :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That’s impressive. A great conversation piece too! :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Embedded for the lazy topic scrollers like me :D
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex