C65 Dartmouth..... Wow!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kirkey

Re: C65 Dartmouth..... Wow!!

Post by Kirkey »

I would also go for the Black One. Reminds me of the Old Seamasters and the SM 300..

I just love the white contrasting Seconds hand
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Congrats! I have a black on the way. Chomping at the bit to get it in the house. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday but with everything going on it is delayed. Hopefully, today - fingers crossed. I have a G10 Nato in Admiralty Grey ready to go on as soon as it gets here!

Kirkey, exactly why I went for black too. Took a lot of inspiration from the MOD Seamasters.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Mine just showed up this afternoon. Looks better in person than the photos to my eye. One on the bracelet and one on the AG Nato. Couldn't be happier. The quick release bracelet is a nice addition.

20200423_181647994_iOS (2).jpg
20200423_182326142_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Great combination of straps, wear in good health,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

These Dartmouth watches are gorgeous! Sadly being ex-RAF I could never bring myself to buy one :) To my eyes the Dartmouth does look more appealing than the Cranwell or Sandhurst....mores the pity!!! Enjoy your lovely watches gentlemen
Gordon
SevenW

Post by SevenW »

Damn the photo's on here make the Lume look so much better than in the press photos. I am still torn between this and the C60 trident
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Being an ex bootneck, i can't buy one that is a "matelote" watch.....if they put the "Globe and Laurel " on the back, i would order one straight away.

If there are over 50 "bootnecks" out there that have not spent all their life savings on wine, women, and fast cars.....and wasted the rest get in touch with me, and they will do one "Bootneck" style
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

Wow love the look of this, not sure I can justify a new purchase indoors so need to decide whether to sell my c60mk3 to part fund it or hide the c60 and pretend I did a straight swap and slowly reintegrate the c60 in a few months when the heat has died down

I’m a grown man with a job... pathetic ain’t it :D
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

A friend of mine who is a big collector told me, "Never hide a bunch of Submariners in your sock drawer. It will always come back to bite you."
:D :D :D
Words to live by. :lol:
Jack London
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Although not initially blown away by these they have really grown on me and the black especially is becoming very appealing. I haven’t had a cw for a little while but they have made some really good looking watches in recent times.
As someone who struggles with larger watches how do these Dartmouth wear? Idid see a review that suggested they wore larger than a 41 due to the wide bracelet links. Has anyone else found that?
Cheers now, Paul
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

stefs wrote:Although not initially blown away by these they have really grown on me and the black especially is becoming very appealing. I haven’t had a cw for a little while but they have made some really good looking watches in recent times.
As someone who struggles with larger watches how do these Dartmouth wear? Idid see a review that suggested they wore larger than a 41 due to the wide bracelet links. Has anyone else found that?
Not forgetting that although the case is 41mm, the bezel is 42mm; so it will wear a tad larger.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

stefs wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 am Although not initially blown away by these they have really grown on me and the black especially is becoming very appealing. I haven’t had a cw for a little while but they have made some really good looking watches in recent times.
Paul a pic of the Dartmouth taken head on with a model you are familiar with.
7FA933D2-7C45-41B1-A755-798A578FD603.jpeg
The narrow bezel means that the dial is larger than would normally be the case on other dive watches you are familiar with. However the size of the hour and minute markets help to visually reduce the dial, compared to the other C65 variants.

It is the upper end of what I am comfortable with for the style of watch. It will undoubtedly seem a fair bit bigger on the wrist than a 16570 for example.

I don’t really get the comment about it wearing big due to the bracelet links.

We have a similar size wrist and a similar taste in watches. Although it’s probably fair to say I am less fickle than you re watches! :)

Happy to own the a Dartmouth as an occasional wear watch - as they say it’s a keeper and my most worn CW.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Guy and Neil, thanks chaps. Most helpful
Cheers now, Paul
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

20200423_181621529_iOS (2).jpg
20200423_182205336_iOS (2).jpg
20200424_131856431_iOS (2).jpg
GMT Master 1675 for size comparison.
20200422_130544647_iOS (2).jpg
I have a 7.5 inch wrist. I wouldn't say it wears too large. I would call the C65s pretty true to size. Feels a little bigger than my GMT Master (it is by a couple of mm) and smaller than some of my bigger watches.
Jack London
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

jimbo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:57 pm Being an ex bootneck, i can't buy one that is a "matelote" watch.....if they put the "Globe and Laurel " on the back, i would order one straight away.

If there are over 50 "bootnecks" out there that have not spent all their life savings on wine, women, and fast cars.....and wasted the rest get in touch with me, and they will do one "Bootneck" style
Get on to one of the Royals FB pages put a mock up of a c60/C65 with the G&L on it and see how many are interested. That’s how the Submariner C60 came about. Of course the amazing EB Holton came about because the Special Band Service needed a cool watch when playing “Hearts of Oak” 😂🤣😂

Now couple of pick up points: 1: you are Navy first, a RM second -Jolly Jack does not do the marching and playing music quite as well as Royal 😂 2: “spending their life savings on wine, women and fast cars.....” you forgot lingerie to go ashore in! 😂🤣😂

Good luck with the watch. DOLPHIN 38
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance