C60 Sapphire - New Release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C60 Sapphire - New Release

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:07 pm Fair point, Mick. We all see things in different ways. For some people seeing things out of order or alignment bothers them. As I said above, I really wouldn’t notice. The things that jump out at me are infelicities of spelling, grammar and usage – again, to do with my personal education, training and profession. No offence intended.
I get that totally Steve. Often I fail to use correct grammar (a trait of my London roots I'm afraid) but can spot mis-spelling or wrong words in any document like it's poked me in the eye but obviously that personal aspect failed me on the usage of screw vs bolt. No offence taken.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Czechia wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:41 pm Stunning. Beautiful. Have I got 795 gbp though? Waiting for a few to surface in NN I think.
695 with the voucher...
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:36 pm
scooter wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:57 pm I must say that I do like the C60 Sapphire with one reservation.

There are 4 screws holding down the dial. If those screws were not meticulously aligned it would send my OCD into overdrive.

scooter
To be honest, I don't think screw alignment would even register with me!
Given my eyesight and how large these screws will be on a real life watch, I don't think I'll be able to see them clearly if the watch is on my wrist.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Bencat

Post by Bencat »

Well read the magazine today and also got a £100 off voucher so decided as I was in lock down for my birthday to treat myself and have ordered a C60 Sapphire to be be my new daily wearer .

have to wait for when it is being produced and sent out (not sure if there has been a big take up on the bracelet model) so end of May is the site message but will wait and see .

I have very large hands and wrists but 40 seems reasonable and will look fine I am sure . Hoping that it looks as good if not better in the flesh . :thumbup:
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

scooter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:31 amThat said AP still manage to get the bolts/thingamabobs perfectly aligned in every watch that I have seen pictures of and that was my point.
Maybe the screws / bolts on the watch are produced by CW to emulate Hublot, rather than AP. It would be more apt!
'Tis me
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^ That's a low blow.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

:lol:

I think it is a stunning watch for CW. Well done.
Bjørn
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

Bencat wrote:Well read the magazine today and also got a £100 off voucher so decided as I was in lock down for my birthday to treat myself and have ordered a C60 Sapphire to be be my new daily wearer .

have to wait for when it is being produced and sent out (not sure if there has been a big take up on the bracelet model) so end of May is the site message but will wait and see .

I have very large hands and wrists but 40 seems reasonable and will look fine I am sure . Hoping that it looks as good if not better in the flesh . Image
Nice one, I hope you enjoy it, it certainly looks a lovely watch. Have a happy birthday.
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

j0hnV wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:16 pm All the reviews I've read talk about the "blue" sapphire crystal dial. The article in the latest Loupe say it's a two piece dial - clear sapphire and blue plastic to give it the colour. A sandwich in effect. Was keen on this watch until I read that.
I rather like this watch but it’s funny you should say that...

I wouldn’t call it a deal-breaker as it’s a generally good-looking watch but it did mildly amuse me that the whole point about blue and sapphire in this watch is actually a complete fake as the colour is provided by a disc of cheap blue plastic behind the otherwise transparent synthetic sapphire...! :roll: 8O

In truth, I’d actually be very happy with one of these on a blue/orange hybrid strap as this seems the best option for bringing out the subtle orange highlights on the blue dial. Overall, however, the appearance is just a little too close to my original C65 LE to justify the expenditure at this point in time, even with the £100 voucher.

The C65 LE has become pretty much my daily wear and I still love it. It’s looking far more battle scarred than I ever intended for an LE but it’s a testament to how good it truly is that I don’t care about honestly acquired nicks and dings to the case and bracelet as I have no intention of ever flipping it!

If I happen to find a few quid down the back of the sofa then I’m still up for getting one of these!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Having the dial colour provided by a separate disc gives CW the option to change colour with minimal cost.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I guess it does raise the question over the quality of the colour insert. The qualities of sapphire are known and heavily pushed in the marketing, but would be good to get assurance that the plastic won’t degrade over time
j0hnV

Post by j0hnV »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:37 pm I guess it does raise the question over the quality of the colour insert. The qualities of sapphire are known and heavily pushed in the marketing, but would be good to get assurance that the plastic won’t degrade over time
Great point. Would look ghastly if over time the colour of the plastic changed. Would be very disappointed if I got this only to discover the blue colour was 'plastic' provided. Rolex did green with their Milgauss. Maybe blue can't be done?
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

I’m so tempted by one of these, just because they are so different, although do love the case size and design of the Trident. The downside personally if I do pull the trigger being that I won’t be able to get my first German watch. It’s this or the Sinn 556ib (with CW blue hybrid strap) that I’m now down to
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Mike2795647 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:00 pm I’m so tempted by one of these, just because they are so different, although do love the cash spa head size of the Trident. The downside personally if I do pull the trigger being that I won’t be able to get my first German watch. It’s this or the Sinn 556ib (with CW blue hybrid strap) that I’m now down to
Bit of a difference - a simple, no date, 3 hander vs a 600m diver with date. 2 totally different style of watch - I'd be interested to know the thought process narrowing down to these?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

j0hnV wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:55 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:37 pm I guess it does raise the question over the quality of the colour insert. The qualities of sapphire are known and heavily pushed in the marketing, but would be good to get assurance that the plastic won’t degrade over time
Great point. Would look ghastly if over time the colour of the plastic changed. Would be very disappointed if I got this only to discover the blue colour was 'plastic' provided. Rolex did green with their Milgauss. Maybe blue can't be done?
Artificial sapphire gemstones are created in all sorts of blue shades, so doubt it's that.
As Guy said earlier, it probably just boils down to being able to use a single sapphire dial and manufacturing a plastic disc to change the colour.
Would allow them to expand the range at very little expense.

I'll admit, it has put me off slightly as there is an emphasis on the sapphire element.
Visually it doesn't make a difference, but I'm not sure I appreciate it as much now knowing how it's constructed.
Ryan