Discuss Christopher Ward watches
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

C60 Trident Ombre COSC LE

Post by strapline »

Hi there forum peeps,

I've just been looking through the CW website for the first time in a long time, and I came across the watch in the subject header. I was quite taken by it in truth, (steel case, black and silver etched dial) and have a few questions that you good people may be able to help me with.

1) Is it still available, even though it's on the site, it was limited to 300 pcs?
2) Are there any customer photos and/or reviews of it? I couldn't see any in the gallery section of the forum.
3) What is the consensus of the cordura strap (comfort and fit), I think it works very well with this watch.

Thanks in advance :wave:
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC LE

Post by Gripper »

I ordered a nearly new one and really liked it, great matt grey finish on the ceramic bezel, but in the end returned it only because I managed to pick up an Oris Divers 65 shortly after at a really good price and couldn't afford to keep both. Had a few other photos but annoyingly deleted them a few days ago!

Good review of it on the CW website. Let's you add it to basket so presume it's still available to order. Worth it in my opinion to have a look at, can always return it.

Cheers
Mark
IMG_20200221_123329.jpg
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

I have the brown/bronze model and I love it. Great looking watch and it wears really well. The strap is very comfortable but I'm curious to see how it holds up.

Here's mine:

OOOPS! MIne is the C65 -Sorry!
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Gripper wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 pm I ordered a nearly new one and really liked it, great matt grey finish on the ceramic bezel, but in the end returned it only because I managed to pick up an Oris Divers 65 shortly after at a really good price and couldn't afford to keep both. Had a few other photos but annoyingly deleted them a few days ago!

Good review of it on the CW website. Let's you add it to basket so presume it's still available to order. Worth it in my opinion to have a look at, can always return it.

Cheers
Mark

IMG_20200221_123329.jpg
Thanks for that, Mark. I really like it, particularly the matt bezel, stunning dial and new light-catcher case. Being a chronometer is a nice bonus too. I will keep an eye on this, maybe see if some offers come up in the near future.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Morning all...

I was hopeful that my OP might bring in some replies of this watch over the weekend, but it appears not. There doesn't appear to be any photos in the CW gallery, which was updated little over a week ago. I think it's a lovely looking watch with much to admire. It would have been nice to see some photos or get some owner feedback; perhaps it's not generally viewed in the same light that I see it in. :( I guess if the compulsion continues I should pull the trigger and utilise the 60/60 guarantee. I could always take photos and upload them to the gallery, whether I decide to keep it or not. :D
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

I can't help directly, but if you're a social media type, there are a couple of happy owners on the Facebook Christopher Ward Enthusiasts group and they have shared some photos. You'll have to be a Facebook user AND join the group to see them though.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Chrisw643

Post by Chrisw643 »

20200501_194036.jpg
Chrisw643

Post by Chrisw643 »

I have this one, not my most frequent wearer but I like it. Apologies for the wonky pic
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Chrisw643 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am I have this one, not my most frequent wearer but I like it. Apologies for the wonky pic
Thanks for the photo, Chris, that's a brilliant shot, really. The CW logo and placement has always been something of an issue for me, but I find it seems to blend in to the dial with this watch. I love the way the etching disappears in to black as it approaches the chapter ring. I think the light catcher case would look very effective on this watch too. Is there anything that you particularly like/dislike?
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

strapline wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am Morning all...

I was hopeful that my OP might bring in some replies of this watch over the weekend, but it appears not. There doesn't appear to be any photos in the CW gallery, which was updated little over a week ago. I think it's a lovely looking watch with much to admire. It would have been nice to see some photos or get some owner feedback; perhaps it's not generally viewed in the same light that I see it in. :( I guess if the compulsion continues I should pull the trigger and utilise the 60/60 guarantee. I could always take photos and upload them to the gallery, whether I decide to keep it or not. :D
Well, that's where I think I am right now too. :lol: My question would be whether the "ombreation", the scuffing of the dial is unique to every dial (which I think unlikely) or whether it's a uniform applied finish and they all look exactly alike.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Chrisw643 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am I have this one, not my most frequent wearer but I like it. Apologies for the wonky pic
And do you ever wear it on the bracelet? Mostly I see this watch on this strap.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

tikkathree wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:15 pm
strapline wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am Morning all...

Well, that's where I think I am right now too. :lol: My question would be whether the "ombreation", the scuffing of the dial is unique to every dial (which I think unlikely) or whether it's a uniform applied finish and they all look exactly alike.
Well...I've just been looking at it on the CW site, and apparently each dial is hand finished and, thus, unique. I too would favour the steel bracelet.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

The regular Trident would look soooo much better with that brushed sapphire bezel. I just can't get past that glossy bezel.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Beautiful photo above! The dial would have looked great without the word mark obscuring a large percentage of the hand finishing
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Good friend has the C60 Ombre LE and is still ecstatic with the watch coming up to two years. His distressed look strap has all but worn off to light tan (though Guy has a legitimate conditioner treatment option that has worked to keep it looking like the day it arrives).

Pull the trigger before it's gone....the 60/60 has your back!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy