Selling on eBay for profit. . .

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Selling on eBay for profit. . .

Post by Bungle-ator »

Commisar wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:47 pm
Bungle-ator wrote:Where there's a margin people are going to take liberties. Fair play to them but it looks like a hassle to me. I'm of the opinion that they should be left alone. It's CWs fault that that can buy in a regular sale and profit for most of the year by undercutting the regular prices. Should CW maybe not just be selling at "sale price" if they're still profiting? In any case, I really take the **** in the gambling industry with tax free profits so I'm not going to throw stones at others.
There's actually a huge reason companies don't sell on the "sale" price all the time. It's actually psychological and it makes the buyer feel good when they get an item for under the listed MSRP. Works for cars, clothes, watches, firearms, shoes (see Allen Edmonds), etc

Look at how much money GM let's dealers out on the hood of every vehicle. I could go buy certain GM cars/trucks TODAY and get $5,000 to $10,000 off the sticker price and get 0% or 1.9% financing for up to 84 months.... Note that you have to work a bit for that and some people just don't care to do the work.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I understand the practice and it doesn't excuse it.

Edit: treating people like idiots just because they are isn't OK.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Bungle-ator wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Edit: treating people like idiots just because they are isn't OK.
Agree totally. There is a severe lack of respect in this world as psychopaths rush to exploit, the irony being that the exploited admire them. I give up.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

New low?
Christopher Ward £100 Off Voucher for sale by two sellers for £4.95 and £5.00.

Whilst many forms of Ebay selling may be acceptable/excusable. There is no reason for this type of scummy behaviour taking advantage of someone just because they may be daft enough to fall for it - bearing in mind the voucher looks official and they don't know the code is non-specific.

Lots of websites when having a generic code discount period put it at header level on the site as an incentive to all - Maybe a good idea for CW to do? Yes, there may be some who would pay full price anyway, but many others who browse might be persuaded to buy if they get a discount? After all with the sales etc the message that seems to be out there is never pay full price for a CW watch.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

A1soknownas wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:17 pm New low?
Christopher Ward £100 Off Voucher for sale by two sellers for £4.95 and £5.00.

Whilst many forms of Ebay selling may be acceptable/excusable. There is no reason for this type of scummy behaviour taking advantage of someone just because they may be daft enough to fall for it - bearing in mind the voucher looks official and they don't know the code is non-specific.

Lots of websites when having a generic code discount period put it at header level on the site as an incentive to all - Maybe a good idea for CW to do? Yes, there may be some who would pay full price anyway, but many others who browse might be persuaded to buy if they get a discount? After all with the sales etc the message that seems to be out there is never pay full price for a CW watch.
It’s not the first time it’s happened and it won’t be the last
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Not a NEW low then!
I might have been harsh, one is free delivery, the other just a reasonable 80p :shock:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Whilst I don't believe they have done it yet, CW will put the £100 code on their promotional emails and website in due course.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

A1soknownas wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:29 pm Not a NEW low then!
I might have been harsh, one is free delivery, the other just a reasonable 80p :shock:
I know a forum member here, in the past, has counter acted it by listing one FOC with the code high lighted and written in the description warning of scammers
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm Whilst I don't believe they have done it yet, CW will put the £100 code on their promotional emails and website in due course.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Sound great :thumbup:
TigerChris wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:39 pm I know a forum member here, in the past, has counter acted it by listing one FOC with the code high lighted and written in the description warning of scammers
That is a great idea too. Well beyond my ability of rational and creative thinking. I just sent them a message to say that they were scum! :lol:

Right, I'll stop moaning and promoting the Ebay seller thread and let the watch related ones take priority!
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

A1soknownas wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:53 pm I just sent them a message to say that they were scum! :lol:
That’s another way of dealing with it :lol: :lol: Let us know if you get a reply :thumbup: