Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Post by Mikkei4 »

rogco wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:41 pm I wish they would fix the website. By the time I try and checkout the watch is gone, and then it takes another 6 minutes to get it removed from my cart so I can continue to try shopping.
The site seems slow even outside the times for the rush for Daily Specials. 40 seconds to get onto the lead page and similar time to get onto the Daily Specials page. Maybe not an eternity but irritatingly slow when sitting there waiting for connection.

Other sites (e.g. this forum, Omega, Watchfinder, Farer) fire up straight away.

EDIT - I wanted to have a look at the C65 SH21 Blue and it didn't show the watch details after over 90 seconds, at which time I gave up. In comparison Omega will take you from first search input, through Home page and showing all of the Seamaster versions in less than 20 seconds.
Andy_f
Junior
Junior

Post by Andy_f »

scrw wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:57 pm
Andy_f wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am Anyone notice the price drop on the C3 leather strap?

Dropped from £175 to £149 briefly.
I saw that on a few I tried to buy, price resets when it get in your cart...shorty followed by the out of stock message :yawn:

Was holding out for an orange Trident chrono, but given up hope now, so bagged what appears to be an out of favour C7, watch buying quota for the year done :)
I was hoping for the same chrono but feeling like it’s a lost cause!
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

For everybody having trouble with the CWL website there's always ebay.

( :-) Couldn't resist).
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Andy_f wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:16 pm
scrw wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:57 pm
Andy_f wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am Anyone notice the price drop on the C3 leather strap?

Dropped from £175 to £149 briefly.
I saw that on a few I tried to buy, price resets when it get in your cart...shorty followed by the out of stock message :yawn:

Was holding out for an orange Trident chrono, but given up hope now, so bagged what appears to be an out of favour C7, watch buying quota for the year done :)
I was hoping for the same chrono but feeling like it’s a lost cause!
which is why I contacted them as mentioned above... arrived yesterday despite 'missing' the boat on the daily special...

pictures at some point...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 pm
...Other sites (e.g. this forum, Omega, Watchfinder, Farer) fire up straight away.

EDIT - I wanted to have a look at the C65 SH21 Blue and it didn't show the watch details after over 90 seconds, at which time I gave up. In comparison Omega will take you from first search input, through Home page and showing all of the Seamaster versions in less than 20 seconds.

If you've looked at the Omega site, then you are clearly a "brand pony" and Mike France doesn't want your money anyway, you're not "curious" enough :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54055&start=15

I'm with you though, I am still baffled by the speed of their website myself, probably the slowest one I occasionally visit - and it's their only source of custom.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

triffidman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 am
Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 pm
...Other sites (e.g. this forum, Omega, Watchfinder, Farer) fire up straight away.

If you've looked at the Omega site, then you are clearly a "brand pony" and Mike France doesn't want your money anyway, you're not "curious" enough :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54055&start=15

I'm with you though, I am still baffled by the speed of their website myself, probably the slowest one I occasionally visit - and it's their only source of custom.
Whilst I have heard the expression “show pony”, Mike’s “brand pony” is a new one on me. :)

If he means someone who just gravitates to certain brands, without trying others, there seems to be a contradiction somewhere in there, as presumably anyone who is a high number multi CW watch owner, with unswerving, unquestioning loyalty to the brand has become........

....... a “brand pony”! :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

...And he or, he or, he or to know better!

Edited: Neigh, I here you say. That’s a donkey pun, not a pony pun! Well, I often make as ass of myself on here so, being the stubborn mule that I am, I’ll continue to do so.
Steve.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Malvern 595 up at 1258, gone by 1306. Bronze pro still lingering as of 1309
Watsontotty

Post by Watsontotty »

Joke brand wasting people’s time and a brand I no longer want to support or investigate in any way, should anyone wish to ask me why I feel this way then please do as I’ve many emails etc to substantiate my feelings. Thanks but no thanks Christopher Ward I won’t ever purchase anything from you.
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by scrw »

A mate asked me to grab a watch from the specials so currently looking, the site is worse than ever right now. Currently having an error page thrown at me. I wonder how many site hits they are getting, and what sort of host it is sat on, as it really isn't up to the task.
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by nwnjw01 »

Daily special up now..

Saw C60 Trident 300 one on hybrid and one on bracelet.

And it looks like the site has fallen over, tried to view one on the way to buying it and now continually getting a page that says “There has been an error processing your request”.

Ho Hum ..........
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

Now it’s an error 504 Gateway Timeout ....

Not looking good....
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

It’s back up ..... sort of .... and there’s a bronze C60 as well .....

Trying again to buy one ....
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Sigh. This has been going on for well over 5 years now that I can remember. It's like the web content is wanting to social distance itself :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

I give up.... It’s probably fallen over again ... it’s just not working, I know it’s slow normally but the number of us chasing so few all at the same time is pushing it over the edge.
If I could get it in my basket almost certain it would have gone to someone else..