Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

A place to discuss other watch-brands
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

Post by drand »

Lovely shot. Glad you like the watch. I think for me the denim strap works better on the ivory model as it's picking up the accent colour rather than the dial.

Anyone else got a 'CW' MeisterSinger yet?
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Andyshall wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 pm Mine came yesterday and I was not sure at first but it really is growing on me. I wore it for a long walk today and found my self looking at it an awful lot. I was worried that I might find it gimmicky and that I would miss a running second hand but no, increasingly I am seeing it as a very original and quite striking casual or with the right strap, a dress watch.
Like Drand, I think the case is lovely and the curved lugs fit well on my wrist. The case shape and combination of matt and polished finishes are quite superb really. Unlike Drand I find myself liking the denim strap, although stiff, the colour and stitching match the hand (sounds odd in the singular) and dial very well. I do think it will look good on a variety of straps though.

76F0CF0B-426E-416C-A9A8-B24BB3CF6813.jpeg
I think that is very nice. I do prefer this white dial to the blue, much greater contrast and legibility.

I reckon it would look great on an embossed blue leather strap; something like a Hirsch Duke which I’ve previously owned and was a lovely strap.
Tim
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by drand »

drand wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:18 pm Lovely shot. Glad you like the watch. I think for me the denim strap works better on the ivory model as it's picking up the accent colour rather than the dial.

Anyone else got a 'CW' MeisterSinger yet?
Here is mine on a 'sage grey' - that is, green - cordura from watchgecko. Much happier with the overall look now. Reckon I will be wearing it a lot in the summer. :D
Attachments
IMG_20200428_104700427~2.jpg
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

I do like the look of that!
I have a couple of straps on order for mine but they may be a while so I think I will have a look through the box and see what suits mine in the short term.
Like you, I can see it being a summer holiday watch “ish time” as AVO called it so I think something waterproof would be best.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

The both look great. Enjoy!

Don't think any still image can capture the true look of the brush and polish of a case. After seeing a video, the polished bezel edge really works well against the brushed part of the case.

The single hand makes it an interesting piece and a good reason to add to a collection of other watches that often try to be different but still look the same - At least to the casual observer.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Interview with CEO of Meistersinger on WatchPro
https://www.watchpro.com/watchpro-origi ... he-tunnel/
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

No longer, they’ve gone from the CW website.

Those of us who ventured would seem to have been fortunate for a brief window of opportunity :thumbup:
Tim
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Self congratulatory pats on the back, eh Tim??

How's yours? Mine has been going for 9 days and it's spot on. Got a week off now and will wear it full time then update the review.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm Self congratulatory pats on the back, eh Tim??

How's yours? Mine has been going for 9 days and it's spot on. Got a week off now and will wear it full time then update the review.
Well Steve I have to admit to a degree of smugness 8)

I love quirky, so it’s a home run. Its been worn a lot over the last ten day or so interspersed with my other new purchase, a C60 Bronze. I’ve spent most of the week waiting upon strap deliveries and experimenting with strap/buckle combinations for both watches.
Tim