Delivery times and current events

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
djc90

Delivery times and current events

Post by djc90 »

Hi guys,

I ordered a C65 Trident Automatic this weekend as an early birthday present to myself and can't wait for it to arrive. I'll be watching the order in my account excitedly!
There was no option for express delivery as I'm assuming with current events that's difficult to guarantee so it's on the free standard delivery, i'm UK mainland.

Has anybody got any experience ordering during the Covid lockdown who can advise how long it took to arrive? Where there any delays?
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Delivery times and current events

Post by willttqs »

I received my bronze sale watch within two days, i was very impressed
djc90

Post by djc90 »

willttqs wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 am I received my bronze sale watch within two days, i was very impressed
Thanks, that's great to hear.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I ordered a non-watch related item from a different online retailer Tuesday last week.
I got a “dispatch” email the next day as well as tracking details.
When I ordered it the listing showed “Special Delivery” as an option which I ticked before the checkout stage.
Unfortunately it only came on Friday so 3 days for Special Delivery.
While it was in transit I checked the tracking and was curious to note that it was shown as “24hr Tracked” not Special Delivery on the Royal Mail site. I did raise this with with the senders and was informed that no Special Delivery is being offered by RM at the moment and 24/48hr services are pretty arbitrary as well. No delivery times are guaranteed in these times, and they had not updated their listing or post options to react to this.
I think delivery services are just doing the best they can - possibly an increased demand for delivery as people are not allowed out to shop to easily, skeleton staff all working at social-distance... It can’t be easy.
Fingers crossed your birthday gift arrives safe and sound.

C

PS - the item I ordered was faulty so I need to return it today. I will try Special Delivery and report back on what the PO says.
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I posted out three packages from my Village Post Office this morning.:wink:

Royal Mail are still operating Special Delivery but only guaranteeing Next Day, not the usual 1:00pm.

@Jcalder68 - maybe there is some artistic licence being employed by the company you bought from.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
djc90

Post by djc90 »

Thanks for the responses guys. Just checked my order and it's still shows as 'processing' so hopefully it get's dispatched soon.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:20 pm I posted out three packages from my Village Post Office this morning.:wink:

Royal Mail are still operating Special Delivery but only guaranteeing Next Day, not the usual 1:00pm.

@Jcalder68 - maybe there is some artistic licence being employed by the company you bought from.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
“Artistic Licence” is the least of it!
I received another item posted by SD this morning. It was posted at 10:05am on Saturday and arrived here bang on 1:00pm.
I also sent off the item described in my previous post and my local PO were more than happy to accept SD items.
It seems, therefore, my previous sender might have been trying to save a few quid and specifying a cheaper postage solution? Anyone’s guess but I have my own, personal thoughts on that issue.
Time of delivery is not the only reason I pick SD services, the added insurance is also handy.

Anyway, back to the OP - I hope your watch arrives safely and you wear in good health.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

^^^^^^
I hope that SD wasn’t Sports Direct
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm ^^^^^^
Given the context I think he means Royal Mail Special Delivery.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks, my apologies. After rereading, it makes sense to be Special Delivery.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
BarnabyNutt
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by BarnabyNutt »

djc90 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 pm Thanks for the responses guys. Just checked my order and it's still shows as 'processing' so hopefully it get's dispatched soon.
I'm with you - I ordered the C60 Elite 1000 in both(!) colours (I couldn't decide so wanted a look at both) first thing on Monday morning and find myself checking the order status every five minutes. Still at 'processing' here too...

:thumbup:
SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SlayedDreamer »

BarnabyNutt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:43 pm
djc90 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 pm Thanks for the responses guys. Just checked my order and it's still shows as 'processing' so hopefully it get's dispatched soon.
I'm with you - I ordered the C60 Elite 1000 in both(!) colours (I couldn't decide so wanted a look at both) first thing on Monday morning and find myself checking the order status every five minutes. Still at 'processing' here too...

:thumbup:
The last two times I ordered from CW the order status never updated on their website. Even after receiving the dispatch email, and then the watches (in two days) it still showed as 'processing'.
I would keep an eye on the email box instead, as they send out dispatch emails just before the watch gets shipped.
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 Aquitaine Orca Black | C7 Rapide Chrono
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:40 am
Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks, my apologies. After rereading, it makes sense to be Special Delivery.
I don’t get it. I meant South Devon.
Sorry for the confusion ;-)

C
djc90

Post by djc90 »

So I got an email at 12:50 today saying it had been despatched via RM next day. I was excited to get it tomorrow but Royal Mail tracking says it was booked at 18:10 but not with them I guess it’ll be with me in a couple of days.
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

When I bought a CW in the sale recently they marked as dispatched next working day (Tuesday) but it didn't get picked up until the following day. It arrived on the Thursday. Very happy with that given the circumstances.