C7 Rapide Quartz

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:50 pm

C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by OrangeNato »

The C7 Rapide Quartz that I bought in the sale arrived today, which was quick delivery as I only ordered Friday night. I managed to take a few photos in the sunshine after work.
My justification for the purchase is that it will I will wear it in the office, once we are out of lockdown. Not sure I will be able to wait that long until I start wearing it though.
I cycle to work and will inevitably fall off at some point, so wouldn't want to risk anything too expensive. Fortunately last time I broke my wrist rather than my watch :D. I had been looking at something like an Orient Kamasu which is a similar price that I ended up paying, very pleased to pickup the CW instead.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
1.jpg

Commisar
Senior
Senior
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 3:24 am

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Commisar »

OrangeNato wrote:The C7 Rapide Quartz that I bought in the sale arrived today, which was quick delivery as I only ordered Friday night. I managed to take a few photos in the sunshine after work.
My justification for the purchase is that it will I will wear it in the office, once we are out of lockdown. Not sure I will be able to wait that long until I start wearing it though.
I cycle to work and will inevitably fall off at some point, so wouldn't want to risk anything too expensive. Fortunately last time I broke my wrist rather than my watch :D. I had been looking at something like an Orient Kamasu which is a similar price that I ended up paying, very pleased to pickup the CW instead.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
1.jpg
Ohh it looks very nice. I like how they gave the 3 an indice in addition to the date



Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk


User avatar
SlayedDreamer
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by SlayedDreamer »

Looks great!!
I ordered one as well on the sale , along with a red/black piccary strap but they haven't arrived yet.
But I have some trepidation regarding it's size, as I have 6.75" wrists. What is your wrist size?
C65 Anthropocene | C7 Rapide Quartz Chrono | C3 Grand Tourer Racing Green

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 34427
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 22
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :clap:

It's a very good looking quality piece for tiny money currently.

Excellent photos by the way and Thanks for putting them in the Reference gallery :clap:
Ferg

22 CW watches and a 1934 Rolex 912 'Tank'.

Check out my Instagram @minimpi610

OrangeNato
Junior
Junior
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by OrangeNato »

SlayedDreamer wrote:Looks great!!
I ordered one as well on the sale , along with a red/black piccary strap but they haven't arrived yet.
But I have some trepidation regarding it's size, as I have 6.75" wrists. What is your wrist size?
My wrist size is smaller than yours, around 6.5". I think this is the biggest watch I could get away with. Diameter is 42mm and lug to lug is 48.2mm, which is only fractionally larger than the 41mm C65 I own, which is 47.1mm lug to lug.
From the website I was a bit worried as I thought the canvas webbing strap was going to be slightly larger than the leather strap that came with the C65. It looks the same size to me though, still maybe larger than would be perfect but I am not on the last hole! I fancied a black strap for work, which is why I didn't go for the camel leather strap.
The red/black piccary strap looks a good choice, would be tempted by that myself. I've ordered a black paratrooper strap with red stripe and a ducati nato strap from cheapestnatostraps, I expect they'll take a few weeks to arrive.
I tried it on a black tropical rubber strap, see photo.Image


User avatar
SlayedDreamer
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by SlayedDreamer »

Good to know its only a tiny bit bigger than the C65. I have a C65 Anthropocene and I absolutely love the way it fits!
This watch looks great on a black strap!
C65 Anthropocene | C7 Rapide Quartz Chrono | C3 Grand Tourer Racing Green

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23029
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 25
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

SlayedDreamer wrote:Good to know its only a tiny bit bigger than the C65. I have a C65 Anthropocene and I absolutely love the way it fits!
This watch looks great on a black strap!
The C7 should fit equally well, or better, than your Anthropocene as the lugs curve down very nicely.

The piccari strap is an excellent choice too.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Chrono P'type| C65 S'hurst| C65 GMT| C70 HRDC| C1000

manicm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:10 am

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by manicm »

It's sad, I had the Mk1 which went bust (not worth the shipping costs to repair but might take to local jeweller), and I was also looking at buying the latest but it's off the website. And I suspect they won't be replacing it. Hope I'm wrong.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2523
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Mikkei4 »

manicm wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am
It's sad, I had the Mk1 which went bust (not worth the shipping costs to repair but might take to local jeweller), and I was also looking at buying the latest but it's off the website. And I suspect they won't be replacing it. Hope I'm wrong.
CW are not replacing the C7 range, 1 reason being that the case is too expensive to produce.Those that appear in the Daily Specials, NN, on the SC or on ebay will be your only opportunities to buy now.

OrangeNato
Junior
Junior
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by OrangeNato »

Popped it on a nato, to survive the rigours of working from home Image

User avatar
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1131
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:47 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: South Wales

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by nigelb001 »

My Rapide Quartz is one of my most worn watches, purchased at 50% off about a year ago. Great buy! But for me it needs to be on the bracelet.

Image
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Bulova Curv Titanium 98A162
Laco Memmingen / Tissot PR516GL Auto + PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle

User avatar
SlayedDreamer
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Canada

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by SlayedDreamer »

C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Strap is the Piccary Leather Red/Black on a 6.75” wrist.
Fit is very good, despite it being 1mm longer lug-to-lug than my C65, it hugs the wrist well with no overhang.
BCE03EF6-63ED-4BF9-9F88-C7E3F7DDE3D1.jpeg
C65 Anthropocene | C7 Rapide Quartz Chrono | C3 Grand Tourer Racing Green

OrangeNato
Junior
Junior
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by OrangeNato »

SlayedDreamer wrote:C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Strap is the Piccary Leather Red/Black on a 6.75” wrist.
Fit is very good, despite it being 1mm longer lug-to-lug than my C65, it hugs the wrist well with no overhang.
BCE03EF6-63ED-4BF9-9F88-C7E3F7DDE3D1.jpeg
Glad it arrived. Looks good on that strap.

Leon O
Senior
Senior
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:32 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Leon O »

SlayedDreamer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:48 pm
Looks great!!
I ordered one as well on the sale , along with a red/black piccary strap but they haven't arrived yet.
But I have some trepidation regarding it's size, as I have 6.75" wrists. What is your wrist size?
I am also interested in the fit of the Picarry, because it would make a great combo with the Rapide or my Trident Chronograph.

Leon O
Senior
Senior
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:32 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Leon O »

SlayedDreamer wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:21 pm
C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Strap is the Piccary Leather Red/Black on a 6.75” wrist.
Fit is very good, despite it being 1mm longer lug-to-lug than my C65, it hugs the wrist well with no overhang.
Looks Great!! If I had read more carefully, I would have seen that it fits you well :)

Post Reply