C7 Rapide Quartz

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by OrangeNato »

The C7 Rapide Quartz that I bought in the sale arrived today, which was quick delivery as I only ordered Friday night. I managed to take a few photos in the sunshine after work.
My justification for the purchase is that it will I will wear it in the office, once we are out of lockdown. Not sure I will be able to wait that long until I start wearing it though.
I cycle to work and will inevitably fall off at some point, so wouldn't want to risk anything too expensive. Fortunately last time I broke my wrist rather than my watch :D. I had been looking at something like an Orient Kamasu which is a similar price that I ended up paying, very pleased to pickup the CW instead.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
1.jpg
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: C7 Rapide Quartz

Post by Commisar »

OrangeNato wrote:The C7 Rapide Quartz that I bought in the sale arrived today, which was quick delivery as I only ordered Friday night. I managed to take a few photos in the sunshine after work.
My justification for the purchase is that it will I will wear it in the office, once we are out of lockdown. Not sure I will be able to wait that long until I start wearing it though.
I cycle to work and will inevitably fall off at some point, so wouldn't want to risk anything too expensive. Fortunately last time I broke my wrist rather than my watch :D. I had been looking at something like an Orient Kamasu which is a similar price that I ended up paying, very pleased to pickup the CW instead.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
1.jpg
Ohh it looks very nice. I like how they gave the 3 an indice in addition to the date

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SlayedDreamer »

Looks great!!
I ordered one as well on the sale , along with a red/black piccary strap but they haven't arrived yet.
But I have some trepidation regarding it's size, as I have 6.75" wrists. What is your wrist size?
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 Aquitaine Orca Black | C7 Rapide Chrono
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations :clap:

It's a very good looking quality piece for tiny money currently.

Excellent photos by the way and Thanks for putting them in the Reference gallery :clap:
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

SlayedDreamer wrote:Looks great!!
I ordered one as well on the sale , along with a red/black piccary strap but they haven't arrived yet.
But I have some trepidation regarding it's size, as I have 6.75" wrists. What is your wrist size?
My wrist size is smaller than yours, around 6.5". I think this is the biggest watch I could get away with. Diameter is 42mm and lug to lug is 48.2mm, which is only fractionally larger than the 41mm C65 I own, which is 47.1mm lug to lug.
From the website I was a bit worried as I thought the canvas webbing strap was going to be slightly larger than the leather strap that came with the C65. It looks the same size to me though, still maybe larger than would be perfect but I am not on the last hole! I fancied a black strap for work, which is why I didn't go for the camel leather strap.
The red/black piccary strap looks a good choice, would be tempted by that myself. I've ordered a black paratrooper strap with red stripe and a ducati nato strap from cheapestnatostraps, I expect they'll take a few weeks to arrive.
I tried it on a black tropical rubber strap, see photo.Image

SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior

Post by SlayedDreamer »

Good to know its only a tiny bit bigger than the C65. I have a C65 Anthropocene and I absolutely love the way it fits!
This watch looks great on a black strap!
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 Aquitaine Orca Black | C7 Rapide Chrono
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

SlayedDreamer wrote:Good to know its only a tiny bit bigger than the C65. I have a C65 Anthropocene and I absolutely love the way it fits!
This watch looks great on a black strap!
The C7 should fit equally well, or better, than your Anthropocene as the lugs curve down very nicely.

The piccari strap is an excellent choice too.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
manicm
Junior
Junior

Post by manicm »

It's sad, I had the Mk1 which went bust (not worth the shipping costs to repair but might take to local jeweller), and I was also looking at buying the latest but it's off the website. And I suspect they won't be replacing it. Hope I'm wrong.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

manicm wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am It's sad, I had the Mk1 which went bust (not worth the shipping costs to repair but might take to local jeweller), and I was also looking at buying the latest but it's off the website. And I suspect they won't be replacing it. Hope I'm wrong.
CW are not replacing the C7 range, 1 reason being that the case is too expensive to produce.Those that appear in the Daily Specials, NN, on the SC or on ebay will be your only opportunities to buy now.
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

Popped it on a nato, to survive the rigours of working from home Image
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by nigelb001 »

My Rapide Quartz is one of my most worn watches, purchased at 50% off about a year ago. Great buy! But for me it needs to be on the bracelet.

CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior

Post by SlayedDreamer »

C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Strap is the Piccary Leather Red/Black on a 6.75” wrist.
Fit is very good, despite it being 1mm longer lug-to-lug than my C65, it hugs the wrist well with no overhang.
BCE03EF6-63ED-4BF9-9F88-C7E3F7DDE3D1.jpeg
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

SlayedDreamer wrote:C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Fit is very good, despite it being 1mm longer lug-to-lug than my C65, it hugs the wrist well with no overhang.
BCE03EF6-63ED-4BF9-9F88-C7E3F7DDE3D1.jpeg
Glad it arrived. Looks good on that strap.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

SlayedDreamer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:48 pm Looks great!!
I am also interested in the fit of the Picarry, because it would make a great combo with the Rapide or my Trident Chronograph.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

SlayedDreamer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:21 pm C7 Rapide Quartz (Black) that I got from the sale just arrived today!
Looks Great!! If I had read more carefully, I would have seen that it fits you well :)
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi