Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: Daily specials to beat the sales peaks!

Post by Leon O »

scalberto wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 pm They all went really quickly. Nothing i was after but i can't believe there were as many people still looking to see if any were going to be put on this late on a friday.
It's only 5:00 pm on East Coast of USA and even earlier on the West Coast:D
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
scalberto
Junior
Junior

Post by scalberto »

Ahhhh.... I was thinking locally when i should have been thinking globally.
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

I managed to get one of the C7 Rapide Quartz at around 21:30 BST. Initially there looked to be 2 for sale, one with a camel strap and the other black webbing. Then after they went, 2 more appeared when I hit refresh. Didn't seem to take long for everything to go.
My justification was that I can wear it to work, when we are next allowed, and its at a price that I'd take the risk of wearing while cycling to the office.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
I'm not expecting anything to pop up until Tuesday, but will be delighted if proved wrong.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Been proved wrong already. :oops:

Top notch and Kudos on CW for listing items last night. Better check in periodically over the weekend; not much else to do :lol:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

The website says Monday to Friday, so hopefully they've given us the weekend off. :D
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Bobz78

Post by Bobz78 »

Cant believe it. I checked at 9pm then again just after 10pm. Didnt even notice they went up! Must have sold out fast!
SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SlayedDreamer »

Stuff is up again:
C5 Malvern MkIII
C60 Trident 300
C7 Rapide Quartz
C60 Bronze Trident Pro 600
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 Aquitaine Orca Black | C7 Rapide Chrono
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

SlayedDreamer wrote:Stuff is up again:
C5 Malvern MkIII
C60 Trident 300
C7 Rapide Quartz
C60 Bronze Trident Pro 600
And all gone again when I checked 30 minutes after you posted.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bobz78

Post by Bobz78 »

Rediculous way to have a sale. Designed so the first person who lands on the website at the right time snags the lot within 10 minutes then more than likely sells them on for profit.
Meanwhile those of us who don't have time to sit at the computer 24 hours a day dont stand a chance.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

It's a way to keep money coming in to the business when people may be unwilling or unable to commit to a full price watch........or it may be people out to make a quick profit on eBay?

I wonder why CW don't cut out the middleman and do this themselves???
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Bobz78 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:58 am Rediculous way to have a sale. Designed so the first person who lands on the website at the right time snags the lot within 10 minutes then more than likely sells them on for profit.
Meanwhile those of us who don't have time to sit at the computer 24 hours a day dont stand a chance.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Fair points, of course, but it seems that whichever way you do an online sale there are difficulties.

If you launch it at a specified time the systems get overloaded...meltdown...feeding frenzy. And given that they are operating with a reduced staff at the moment and for the foreseeable future, that's hardly an option.

I think the idea of random times was to make it fair globally; a good time in the UK/Europe isn't necessarily so in the Western US or New Zealand.

This is one area where you are not going to please everyone. If you are in the hunt, I really hope you get lucky. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

I don't think there is a fair way to do a limited offer sale. There is always going to be someone who misses out. I suppose they could make it one per customer. I dropped lucky on Friday, and just bought the one. You could also make the argument that I was tempted into spending money with CW that I wouldn't have otherwise done
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

It's difficult to understand and comment without us knowing how many watches CW have available to place in these sales. These small Sales are trying to make it fair globally as other have said above. This has always been a problem with the large Sales that CW normally hold so IMO it's a positive for this reason but not perfect for other reasons.

Maybe could CW consider batching the watches into 2,3 or 4 mini-Sales spreading the available models evenly across each one and release these at different times of the day in the coming weeks? Hopefully we've grown some patience over the past 3 weeks and wouldn't mind extended delivery periods for these slightly bigger Sales batches.

However I doubt that CW will change the process no matter how many of us comment or how many different suggestions we come up with so let's be grateful for any opportunity and try to retain some perspective in these strange and dangerous times.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Wonder if they are open to offers on that 30% off Blower ?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by nwnjw01 »

Laird wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:13 pm Wonder if they are open to offers on that 30% off Blower ?
Don’t know If they would be up for offers but it would make sense if they were.
That Blower has been up for some days now, and it’s not gone, so either there is more than one to go.... or there’s no takers at that price, and the Al Deere has been there even longer, (although there was another Al Deere that’s not there now), so even more reason for flexibility...

Why not give them a phone call?
It would settle your mind and the argument 😎

Just my thought of course, horses for courses and all that...