#OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: #OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Post by Viognier »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 am It is difficult to see too much good in this situation, especially as we are being urged to avoid company rather than seek solace in it.
One possible benefit is time. Time to reflect and to address some of the things that perhaps we neglect or brush under the carpet when we are very busy.
We are the one species in the history of the planet that has evolved to try and live in a way that nature never intended for us to do. In doing so we have made a fair job of destroying their habitat for many of our fellow creatures and, not coincidentally, applying appalling living conditions on huge numbers of our own race.
In the ancient mythology Mankind was given a few warnings when they started to hit the naughty button, and invariably they got zapped. Think Deucalion, Pandora and Noah.
Maybe this is a warning. Change a few things or else. This amazing planet, by dint of some remarkable astronomical coincidences, is our home. It’s the only one we have. Let’s give it this chance to repair itself even a little bit, and perhaps, just perhaps, future generations of all creatures will be grateful.
Sorry if that’s a bit controversial. But it’s the way I feel.
Adding my alignment Steve. Mother Nature needs a break and this is providing it that respite.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

For me, Covid 19, has given me my first opportunity in five years, of having some time off self employed work. Opportunity for a bit of leisure time.

Until I temporarily closed my business, (due to Covid 19 lock down) my normal work routine was 7 days per week, with maximum of 14 true days off per year, normally working about 60 to 70 hours per week.

During my temporary business shut down, I have been outside starting to paint the 3 garden sheds that looked so neglected. I also enjoyed washing our outside home windows for the first time in many months. I enjoyed mowing the lawns at my pace, without feeling rushed.

During the above process, I noticed that the triple terrace sparrow bird box on one of the sheds, was very active, with new nests being made. It was such a joy to see those little birds making their nests, something I would normally have missed.

Within our rear garden, the hedge hogs, out of hibernation, have made their presence known again by way of their distinctive droppings left, and food bowls fully emptied. But this time I noticed it properly.

My first cut of our garden lawn, getting away from the constant bad news really cheered me up>

Keep your heads up where possible folks, and please try and stay safe. :thumbup:
Attachments
C589E2DB-C32E-498C-9717-E095E5451554.jpeg
Regards
Craig
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Nice post Craig. You're right, the additional time does open up opportunities to notice things that we would otherwise have missed
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

On a lighter note, there are several amusing videos circulating on the internet of a herd of wild Kasmiri goats invading the town of Llandudno, Wales
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I'm definitely losing the plot.

Just now I was upstairs and looked out the window. Sue was in her pyjamas and pegging out the washing. I instinctively opened the window and started clapping.

True story.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

scooter wrote:I'm definitely losing the plot.

Just now I was upstairs and looked out the window. Sue was in her pyjamas and pegging out the washing. I instinctively opened the window and started clapping.

True story.

scooter
Wife in pyjamas, pegging out washing at 8:00pm (and we're not even into hot summer nights yet).

The mind boggles.

Mind you. Did you get a slap or short shrift from Sue when she came in, for being cheeky?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

scooter wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:12 pm I'm definitely losing the plot.

True story.

scooter
Excellent!
Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Luckily Sue saw the funny side too!

It's very hard to keep on an even keel when cocooned completely with someone 24/7.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Craig64
Senior
Senior

Post by Craig64 »

scooter wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:12 pm I'm definitely losing the plot.

True story.

scooter
I thought that everything considered non essential was now currently banned.....
So, should Sue have been wearing her pyjamas whilst pegging out the washing?

Assuming not... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Regards
Craig
Craig64
Senior
Senior

Post by Craig64 »

I got the larger of our outdoor wooden sheds painted today.
This thing was looking very tired and neglected. 4 hours of preparation following up with another 4 hours of painting, made another “Lock Down”day, a satisfying one :D

I had a radio playing music all day, and it was great not to hear the daily constant, grim, Covid 19 news.

(I should add that the hidden sides, not visible in this image, have yet to be sorted. That is on tomorrow’s To Do list) :D
Attachments
56D1A212-24D5-4E39-9D48-E1A751622F47.jpeg
Regards
Craig
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Craig64 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:16 am For me, Covid 19, has given me my first opportunity in five years, of having some time off self employed work. Opportunity for a bit of leisure time.

Until I temporarily closed my business, (due to Covid 19 lock down) my normal work routine was 7 days per week, with maximum of 14 true days off per year, normally working about 60 to 70 hours per week.

During my temporary business shut down, I have been outside starting to paint the 3 garden sheds that looked so neglected. I also enjoyed washing our outside home windows for the first time in many months. I enjoyed mowing the lawns at my pace, without feeling rushed.

During the above process, I noticed that the triple terrace sparrow bird box on one of the sheds, was very active, with new nests being made. It was such a joy to see those little birds making their nests, something I would normally have missed.

Within our rear garden, the hedge hogs, out of hibernation, have made their presence known again by way of their distinctive droppings left, and food bowls fully emptied. But this time I noticed it properly.

My first cut of our garden lawn, getting away from the constant bad news really cheered me up>

Keep your heads up where possible folks, and please try and stay safe. :thumbup:
Your garden is beautiful!
Drew
Craig64
Senior
Senior

Post by Craig64 »

Thank you Andrew, a very kind comment. 😊
Being honest, our garden compared with most I see, (not evident from the photo shown), needs a great deal of work to get it looking more tidy, as apart from grass cutting and weeding when we get time, it is lacking in attention.

However, because we have seen increasing numbers of hedgehogs in recent years (up-to 5 hogs on our infra red night vision video camera), I am minded not to change too much.
Regards
Craig
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

#OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Post by gaf1958 »

Craig64 wrote:However, because we have seen increasing numbers of hedgehogs in recent years (up-to 5 hogs on our infra red night vision video camera), I am minded not to change too much.
My wife is *extremely* envious of your hedgehogs - we don’t have them in Oz, which makes her all the more jealous.

We used to have “feral” guinea pigs in our garden; during the day the only sign of them being there was the occasional rustling of the undergrowth. They would cluster around the patio door at dusk to be fed carrots or apples, before disappearing into the safety of the hutch.

They would sleep overnight locked in their hutch, but were free to roam during the day - sometimes terrifying our two cats as they rushed from shrub to bush. Other than that, the cats ignored them, apart from occasionally defending them from neighbouring cats.

BTW, good job on the shed. :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Craig64
Senior
Senior

Post by Craig64 »

Thank you for your compliments on the shed.
I never realised that “feral” guinea pigs existed. I bet they were quite cute to see :)
Regards
Craig
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Commercial profiteering goes out the window when MercedesAMGF1 makes the full designs and specifications for their life saving breathing aid freely available.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England