CW Repair Workshop Closed due to Coronavirus

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

CW Repair Workshop Closed due to Coronavirus

Post by ScofieldReturns »

I sent in a watch for repair and I got an email saying they received it but the workshop is now closed due to Coronavirus. So if you were thinking about sending something in, don't plan on getting it back for a while.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: CW Repair Workshop Closed due to Coronavirus

Post by albionphoto »

Thanks for letting us know.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Thanks for the heads up. I currently have a watch there for repair. I've been wondering about the impact of the virus, and now I know.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Thankfully most of us here have more than one watch.... :lol:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I was lucky to get my girlfriend's W8 IPK back only last Wednesday so !
It was bound to happen though and understandable in the circumstances.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Not yet mentioned on the Website - altho the Showroom shutdown is ...

I've had -4- Sellita Movement C60s and a C9 in since mid-Feb ....

Wondering how they will be able to keep selling & dispatching New watches if its the 'Social Distancing' thats the issue - or is it simply not regarded as an essential job to travel to ?
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I have 2 C60's in for warranty repair since the beginning/mid-March
...it now looks very unlikely that I'll get these back for sometime - hey ho! such is the situation.
On a positive note, when they do come back, it'll be like getting a new purchase :D
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

StrapMeister wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:55 am I have 2 C60's in for warranty repair since the beginning/mid-March
...it now looks very unlikely that I'll get these back for sometime - hey ho! such is the situation.
On a positive note, when they do come back, it'll be like getting a new purchase :D
Don't hold your breath! My C60 has been in since December......
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:55 am I have 2 C60's in for warranty repair since the beginning/mid-March
Don't hold your breath! My C60 has been in since December......
:shock: crikey!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

I wrote to CW Customer Service before the Virus really kicked off to ask for an update. They just sent a wholly unsatisfactory generic response without referring to my own watch or eta. Not impressed at all with that
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Had a positive and efficient phone conversation with CW Towers yesterday. There have my Malvern in for re-regulation back to COSC, they’ve had it about a moth now, and I’ve just posted an old C60 back for general service.
I was told that all current jobs would be completed and honoured, but they have just a skeleton staff of technicians in and the wait will just be longer.
While not perfect, I accept that response. This is a crummy situation and we are all just doing the best we can.
Keep safe, keep calm, keep healthy.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Coincidentally received another generic email today confirming closure of the workshop and an indefinite delay in the return of my watch. Fair enough in the circumstances but it would have been good to personalise the email with my name and confirmation of my watch type. Easy enough to do from their database/ work stack queues and would have given me some confidence that MY watch is in their care. Bearing in mind my watch has been with them for 14 weeks with no communication (other than a bland, generic response to me enquiring a few weeks ago), it was a missed opportunity to reassure me for what could be several more months in their workshop
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

More details just received:

Sent 02Apr20 @ 15.15

To make sure we are following WHO guidelines of best practice in the current situation, our technical team are working on a rota basis to reduce the risk of infection, bringing down our repair capacity to approximately 15%. This reduction in hours available for servicing and repairs unfortunately means we will have to extend the quoted lead times indefinitely until we receive further information from the government.

We’re sorry for the additional time taken to repair your watch, but please be assured we will be looking at every opportunity to expedite your repair as soon as we are fully operational. Further to this we will also update you when your watch repair has been completed and is ready to be despatched.

Alternatively, if you prefer, we can return your watch to you in its current condition and rearrange for it to be returned to us once the workshop has been re-opened. This may increase the timeframe if you choose to have the watch returned back to us as the watch will have to be put back into the queue for repair.

Kind regards,

Tabitha Fosker
Customer Service Administrator
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^I received this message today too.
I take the positive from this, from the point of view, that I am being kept informed.
I'm happy to sit tight and wait until they're done whenever that may be.
It's not as if I don't have any other watches to wear.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

H0rati0 wrote:Thankfully most of us here have more than one watch.... Image
Is that a thing?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,