Trident Chronograph Quartz

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Trident Chronograph Quartz

Post by Leon O »

I picked up a NN Quartz Chronograph and I've been considering its return because it seems too large and thick. I was going to use the return funds towards a 38mm or 40mm Trident. However, it's been a couple weeks since I tried it on. Today I tried it on again and I think it looks pretty good. It is also unlike any other watch in my modest collection. What do guys think about it on my 6 7/8 inch wrist that is 2.15 inches across?
Attachments
20200328_141742.jpg
20200328_142316.jpg
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Trident Chronograph Quartz

Post by Leon O »

Sorry, should have been posted in general discussion.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Leon O wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 pm Sorry, should have been posted in general discussion.
Moved forum for you. : thumbup:

As to your question.

Looks fine for size to me but the 'wrist size:case size' balance is always a very personal and subjective one.

The watch itself is a good in, I used to own an orange bezel version (quartz chrono) and still have an Automatic, plus as you say it is unique in your collection.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Thanks Guy 😊
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I agree with Guy. Watch size is very personal but, to me, the watch looks good on your wrist
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Size looks good to me, but how it feels on the wrist is personal. Thickness is a personal thing, and for me depends on how I plan to wear it. Too thick to slip under a cuff? Maybe. Too thick for jeans and a T-shirt? Maybe not.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Lavaine wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm Size looks good to me, but how it feels on the wrist is personal. Thickness is a personal thing, and for me depends on how I plan to wear it. Too thick to slip under a cuff? Maybe. Too thick for jeans and a T-shirt? Maybe not.
This watch came on a bracelet, but I would have needed a half link to make it fit comfortably. Fortunately, I had a CW hybrid strap I was not using. When I first put the hybrid strap on, the head didn't seem to sit as well as I would have liked. So... I left the combo on a hard (very firm) watch pillow for a couple weeks. That time on the pillow put a curve in the band that prevents the watch from rising so far off my wrist. It probably won't fit under the cuff of a dress shirt, but is comfortable under the sleeve of a fleece.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

It’s footprint on your wrist looks fine in my eyes.

For me, I look for the combination of bezel diameter, paired with lug length as my primary measurement references. My wrist is a smidge smaller than yours but I feel happy wearing the 41mm C65 range because they have a relatively small lug-to-lug measurement and are also quite shallow as well.

However, the height of a watch, and the strap you use, needs to be considered. I rarely wear any of my watches on their supplied bracelets; I have the bracelet option for almost all my watches but I prefer the look, feel and comfort or leather over steel for nearly all my day-to-day wearing. From my experience, a thicker, heavier watch can need the additional stability that a bracelet offers over most leather options. Even my small, 38mm Trident MK2 feels loose and wobbly on the wrist when I wear it on a 2mm thick leather strap. It feels much more stable on a 3mm thick leather strap, and rock solid on its bracelet.

Diameter, height, lug length, weight and strap are all parts of the equation. In the end it is entirely down to you and your comfort/aesthetic preferences.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Jcalder68 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 pm It’s footprint on your wrist looks fine in my eyes.

Diameter, height, lug length, weight and strap are all parts of the equation. In the end it is entirely down to you and your comfort/aesthetic preferences.

C
Since I'm locked in the house...I measured my wrist width again. Still about the same, 55mm across The Chronograph is 51.5mm L2L. That gives me about 2mm of real estate on each side. However, I still want a 38mm Trident, maybe with the red bezel.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Perfect fit, I would keep it personally.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Another addition that I think it looks like an ideal fit on your wrist.

Strong market for pre-owned bracelets with 22mm lug width, particularly if they are in NN condition, on our forum as well (should you opt to move yours out and secure $$ towards your next watch purchase).
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Thanks all, I've grown comfortable with the size.

Now I have to get used to the lume. The hands and pip on the bezel glow well, but the minute markers are visible for only a couple hours after I have gotten my night vision. I'm used to the lume on my Seikos and Citizens that lasts just about all night long. I think it's a style compromise between the look of the tiny indices and the function of markers on a actual tool watch.

Cheers!
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Which black and red strap would you use to match the red second hand of the chronograph?

Hybrid
https://www.christopherward.com/strap/2 ... rap-0eb4b1#

or

Piccari Leather
https://www.christopherward.com/22mm-piccari-leather#

Thanks for you thoughts,

Leon
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Leon O wrote:Which black and red strap would you use to match the red second hand of the chronograph?

Hybrid
https://www.christopherward.com/strap/2 ... rap-0eb4b1#

or

Piccari Leather
https://www.christopherward.com/22mm-piccari-leather#

Thanks for you thoughts,

Leon
Either or both.

I'm pretty sure they are the same red, and the same as the red on the watch.

Hopefully, someone else will confirm too.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England