C7 Rapide Automatic Strap Alternative

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Pandybelly

C7 Rapide Automatic Strap Alternative

Post by Pandybelly »

Hi,

I recently purchased a C7 Rapide Automatic S07-42ADA1-S0KB0-WB. I am really impressed with the watch, the fit and finish, packaging etc.
However, the watch is not sitting well on my wrist and it keeps rotating to the underside of my wrist. I have swapped the strap around and it improved the situation slightly but it is still not right. It is taking from my enjoyment of an otherwise excellent watch.
I have watches from other brands on strap and bracelet and never had this problem.

Has anybody else had this experience? What did you do to sort the issue?

I am looking to replace the strap, preferably a soft flexible leather strap or maybe a bracelet. I would like to keep the blue theme going, but am open to any suggestions.
Can someone recommend an alternative strap that would enable the watch to sit well on my wrist?
Attachments
056_s07-42ada1-s0kb0-wb.jpg
Regards,

Anthony.....
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Re: C7 Rapide Automatic Strap Alternative

Post by Ttf23 »

I had exactly the same problem with the HDN strap. It works great with the bracelet though - I wouldn’t have it on anything else. It’s a pig to fit though!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

If you've decided you're keeping the watch, it's worth taking the stock strap off and working it with your hands - bend it, twist it, etc to loosen the material.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Pandybelly

Post by Pandybelly »

jtc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm If you've decided you're keeping the watch, it's worth taking the stock strap off and working it with your hands - bend it, twist it, etc to loosen the material.
Hi,
I bought it in the 50% sale and I am keeping it. I’ll try that and see what happens. I do feel that I would prefer to change it in the long run. It’s just too rigid for my liking and does not sit well at all.

Thanks.
Regards,

Anthony.....
Pandybelly

Post by Pandybelly »

Hi,

Does anyone have an opinion of Erikas Originals straps?
I found this one on their website and it looks like a good colour match for the C7. It's expensive though at €75 for a nylon strap.

Any other alternatives worth looking at?

Thanks.
s_trident_orange_m.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line'
Regards,

Anthony.....
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

I had the same problem with my recently purchased panda. I have been working and bending it while off the wrist and it’s improving but a very stiff material. In contrast, the canvas style straps that came with the 316l blue is far and away one of the most comfortable straps I own. I purchased the watch second hand so not sure if it was pre-broken in or just a more flexible material. There are subtle difference between the two straps so I suspect it was more flexible to begin with. If you could source one of those blue canvas straps with the orange stitching, it might be a great looking alternative.
67F3A54B-45CE-41D0-8038-7636FCCEF543.jpeg
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Efeo

Post by Efeo »

My c7 is on his Steel bracelet and fits perfect
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

^^^ I have 2 Erikasoriginals and they are excellent, but since the price increase, IMV, too expensive now. Depends how you see it, but if you picked up that last C7 in the sale for under £350, then €75 for a strap is rather a lot. Having said that, you’ve got a great saving, so maybe splash out?

In support of Erika - quality is the best I’ve seen, you have the choice of custom stitching, various hardware options (hefty surcharges apply for PVD or bronze) and the most important part, custom sizing. She’s very responsive but because her product is made to order, it takes a couple of weeks. I can’t fault the product at all, and if you can justify the cost, it’s worth having the original (yes, purists will say she copied a design from the 1960s, but to my knowledge they weren't manufactured back then, they were made by divers who needed a good, waterproof strap).

If you like the elastic webbing variety, there are several alternatives - I haven’t found any as good, but they are all a lot cheaper.

Try Watchgecko, or if you want to go overseas, AliExpress has a lot of choice too (they call them French Paratrooper straps), and I’ve just put my C7 on a fitted rubber strap (designed for Omega Seamaster), which fits well but was tricky to get on (had to bend the springbars myself but they seem ok).
E6A21EA5-2048-4E78-A34C-34BFBF19D524.jpeg
Although I have no personal experience of the next two, Nick Mankey Designs has a hook strap which is well regarded (20% off with code STAYHOME20), and I’ve heard good things about Watchsteward.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Reach out to our forum's own Footycrazy straps and have Graham make you something custom perhaps?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
leoliam

Post by leoliam »

I’ve got a C7 RAPIDE CHRONOMETER LIMITED EDITION (which I love) its a 22mm lug size, with a leather red piped deployment strap. My question is = has anyone got, or know where I can get a Stainless Steel bracelet to fit, ideally CW original. I know they did offer this with a bracelet but its now a discontinued line.
Thanks all Liam
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Blue strap with orange stitching would work well
...something like this:
CW_C60_Trident_316L_LE_Blue_011.JPG
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I will vouch for Watch Steward. Very reasonably priced, quick to ship, and extremely comfortable. I have several, and when a new watch comes in, ordering one of these is usually one of the first things I do. He is state side, but will ship international I believe.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Pandybelly

Post by Pandybelly »

Efeo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 am Although I have no personal experience of the next two, Nick Mankey Designs has a hook strap which is well regarded (20% off with code STAYHOME20), and I’ve heard good things about Watchsteward.
Hi,

I hope that everyone is safe and well.
After much research and thanks to advice received here, I have just ordered a Nick Mankey Design strap in navy blue with orange stitching. I will post some photos when I have it fitted.

Thanks for the advice.
Regards,

Anthony.....
Pandybelly

Post by Pandybelly »

Hi,

I received the strap from Nick Mankey Designs today and I am delighted with it. The watch looks great and sits well on the wrist. The quality is top class and it's very comfortable.
Many thanks for the advice and steering me towards Nick.

IMG_7375.jpg
IMG_7376.jpg
Regards,

Anthony.....
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Anthony, the new strap looks great!

A one-piece perlon would also be a good choice for warmer weather. You would probably want to check out the shades of blues from various vendors.
Attachments
20200602_191621.jpg
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi