#OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

#OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Post by josbrownlie »

One good thing about the current situation is that we're sitting down to eat tea / dinner together as a family #OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

What about you?
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: #OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Film night twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday, with my son; plus generally having him around, as he's working from home (albeit on Annual Leave this week).

Saw JOKER this evening.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I get to learn 1st hand exactly how my 7yo views his school day! I also experience his teachers frustration at trying to get him to concentrate for more than 5-6 mins 😁
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Les47
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Les47 »

Can’t think of one good thing the Coronavirus is good for
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Definitely a chance to spend more time with family and loved ones. Makes you realize how quick things can change and what to really be thankful for.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Definitely makes you appreciate of all the little 'luxuries' we had like not having to wear gloves the minute you leave the house, hugging someone, shaking hands, simple things that are now but a distant memory sadly.
However I am going to be very grateful of these little things when we WILL get back to normal.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I'm catching up on box sets/recorded TV I'd not yet had chance to see.

Hilariously I'm internally commenting on the lack of social distancing going on in these programmes! :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

Started new job on Monday ( after just under 2 years of early retirement I was getting a bit bored and needed to widen my horizons ) and completed day 1 which was mostly admin.

Got half way though day two and was sent home due to you know what.

Now here's the thing - I am on full pay for doing nothing for at least the next three weeks. While this is undoubtedly good and I do appreciate how fortunate I am to be looked after, I could have carried on working as it is entirely possible for my work to be conducted on a solitary basis, although not remotely. However it was a blanket organisation decision, so no room for discussion.

The irony is that this is my first employed role in well over 10 years and so I know how the self employed are being hit right now and feel a bit guilty having fallen into the safety net after literally a few hours of starting employment!

So overall this a good situation but one that I don't feel entirely comfortable with!

Cheers,

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Pollution worldwide has dropped significantly. Even leaving my house and going up to the main road there is very little traffic. So the planet is getting a bit of a breather....for a while.

No time wasted commuting, saving on petrol cost, saving £2.50 on my daily Costa coffee, not having to worry about shaving every day, what suit/shirt combo to wear.

Spending more time with the family.

Thinking about how much more we will appreciate everything when this all passes - meeting up with friends and family, going to the pub, watching sport live or on TV, going on a holiday....everything we took for granted until the past month.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

While the 1% continue their money grab; their insider trading; their price gouging; while the cruise industry registers their ships in Panama to avoid US tax but demands a bail-out from the government; while people are pretending to be doctors so they can sell CV test kits that probably don’t work to elderly people;
We’re just starting to realise that their ‘wealth’ is meaningless. The emperor is wearing no clothes. Kindness and care for family and consideration for other people is the currency that’s going to get us through this.
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
neiltallen
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by neiltallen »

Presumably crimes rates are dropping like a bomb - that can only be a good thing!
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Social media proves that it has real value every time there is a disaster, but I think this is the first time it's had this much impact on a global scale. Facebook and Reddit are both providing a place to get information (although their is a lot of bad information out there unfortunately), as well as a place for people to come together for social contact, and to ask for, and offer help. Despite my prevailing attitude about the human species, maybe there is some hope for us.
#onegoodthing
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It is difficult to see too much good in this situation, especially as we are being urged to avoid company rather than seek solace in it.
One possible benefit is time. Time to reflect and to address some of the things that perhaps we neglect or brush under the carpet when we are very busy.
We are the one species in the history of the planet that has evolved to try and live in a way that nature never intended for us to do. In doing so we have made a fair job of destroying their habitat for many of our fellow creatures and, not coincidentally, applying appalling living conditions on huge numbers of our own race.
In the ancient mythology Mankind was given a few warnings when they started to hit the naughty button, and invariably they got zapped. Think Deucalion, Pandora and Noah.
Maybe this is a warning. Change a few things or else. This amazing planet, by dint of some remarkable astronomical coincidences, is our home. It’s the only one we have. Let’s give it this chance to repair itself even a little bit, and perhaps, just perhaps, future generations of all creatures will be grateful.
Sorry if that’s a bit controversial. But it’s the way I feel.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^^great post Steve :thumbup:
My other half is thinking exactly along the same lines.
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by PaulJS »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 am It is difficult to see too much good in this situation, especially as we are being urged to avoid company rather than seek solace in it.
One possible benefit is time. Time to reflect and to address some of the things that perhaps we neglect or brush under the carpet when we are very busy.
We are the one species in the history of the planet that has evolved to try and live in a way that nature never intended for us to do. In doing so we have made a fair job of destroying their habitat for many of our fellow creatures and, not coincidentally, applying appalling living conditions on huge numbers of our own race.
In the ancient mythology Mankind was given a few warnings when they started to hit the naughty button, and invariably they got zapped. Think Deucalion, Pandora and Noah.
Maybe this is a warning. Change a few things or else. This amazing planet, by dint of some remarkable astronomical coincidences, is our home. It’s the only one we have. Let’s give it this chance to repair itself even a little bit, and perhaps, just perhaps, future generations of all creatures will be grateful.
Sorry if that’s a bit controversial. But it’s the way I feel.
Methinks you are not far off with this..............sooner or the later the planet, or some element of it, is going to press the reset button on the human race and it is hard to form an argument that it won't be well deserved.

Cheers,

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One