Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by JAG »

Danbailey007 wrote:
JAG wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:46 pm
Danbailey007 wrote:IMG_20190323_114727_254.jpg

Picked this up on Monday, lovely replacement for my old GT TDI and so many gadgets!
I got the bigger upgraded brother Image

Golf GTI with Performance Pack sunroof & dynaudio system & had the start stop permanently disabled ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! Work mate has a year old 1 in black, unlike him I hope yours is a manual gearbox!

No DSG faster shifting than the manual & being a amputee easier for me to drive “even though I have withheld my full licence” have you heard about the water pump housing issue, There may have to be a recall on a lot of them including the R , GTI & Audi S3 & a few other models which use the same engine ;-)
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

JAG wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 pm
Danbailey007 wrote:
JAG wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:46 pm

I got the bigger upgraded brother Image

Golf GTI with Performance Pack sunroof & dynaudio system & had the start stop permanently disabled ;-)

Very nice! Work mate has a year old 1 in black, unlike him I hope yours is a manual gearbox!

No DSG faster shifting than the manual & being a amputee easier for me to drive “even though I have withheld my full licence” have you heard about the water pump housing issue, There may have to be a recall on a lot of them including the R , GTI & Audi S3 & a few other models which use the same engine ;-)
I hadn't heard of the water pump housing issue, better check now!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by nigelb001 »

OK not strictly my car, it's been owned by my son for around ten years but off the road for the last six due to rapidly deteriorating bodywork. Just back from a long and drawn out two years at a local body and paintshop where much magic metalwork and a bare metal respray was done - it was in a bit of a state! He's so happy to have his beloved 1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR (Godzilla) back and it looks gorgeous in it's original rare Black Pearl paint. No front bumper on yet until the massive turbo intercooler has been checked and cleaned and some engine work has been done. Then the work starts on suspension, fitting some newly refurbished wheels, rear spoiler, interior and re-commissioning the rebuilt 2.6 litre twin turbo straight six - good for around 400bhp at the moment but capable of much higher.

I've never driven it but he has promised me that he'll put me on his insurance this time as I let him drive my AMG quite often so I'll look forward to that. One thing I wont let him forget is that during the restoration evidence was found that at some time in its Japanese history it was painted Barbie Pink! :lol:

CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nigelb001 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:08 pm Then the work starts on suspension, fitting some newly refurbished wheels, rear spoiler, interior and re-commissioning the rebuilt 2.6 litre twin turbo straight six - good for around 400bhp at the moment but capable of much higher.
...sometimes 400 bhp is just not enough :lol:

Cracking 80/90's classic sports car, your son must be really excited about getting it back on the road after all that time and effort.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
barbusg60

Post by barbusg60 »

Ive just joined, dont have a CW watch yet but I do have a Mk2 Ford Galaxy which I absolutely love!
It does everything I need atm, carries the kids and their friends all over, does tip runs (the wife and sister in law are there now lol)
I should really replace it as its knocking on a bit now but just cant do it, I never thought an 06 plate Galaxy would probably be my favourite car of all I've owned over the years.
No pics though!
Cheers,
Rob
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

The wife's mk8 Fiesta ST has been to Mountune and is now even more hilarious. Such a brilliant car. I think my favourite "Fast Ford" of the last 20 years.

Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAG »

Danbailey007 wrote:
IMG_20190323_114727_254.jpg
Picked this up on Monday, lovely replacement for my old GT TDI and so many gadgets!
Check your oil sump is made out of plastic as My mechanic warned me there prone to cracking & breaking, if it is a plastic 1 I’d suggest a skid plate or replacing it with a metal 1 on your next oil change but don’t buy a skid plate from skidplates.co.uk there Romanian made & don’t fit a mk7 or 7.5 I’ve just wasted 250 buying 1 & getting it fitted only to find the bracket catches on the turbo pipe from intercooler & you get a thumping when you turn a right hand bend

My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

BMW i3 Rex

Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

JAG wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:17 pm
Danbailey007 wrote:IMG_20190323_114727_254.jpg

Check your oil sump is made out of plastic as My mechanic warned me there prone to cracking & breaking, if it is a plastic 1 I’d suggest a skid plate or replacing it with a metal 1 on your next oil change but don’t buy a skid plate from skidplates.co.uk there Romanian made & don’t fit a mk7 or 7.5 I’ve just wasted 250 buying 1 & getting it fitted only to find the bracket catches on the turbo pipe from intercooler & you get a thumping when you turn a right hand bend

Thanks for the heads up, wouldn't have a clue where to start though!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Mizunomorelia
Senior
Senior

Post by Mizunomorelia »

IMG_20200108_152814.jpg
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

GTD out, GTI in! Change in role at work means car allowance but apparently diesel's not an option as the company tries to do it's bit for the environment.
IMG_20200320_173137_611.jpg
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Skoda Kodiaq. Big and family friendly

Pics are a couple of years old from when the car was new and in the detailers after a ceramic coating was put on it.

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm Skoda Kodiaq. Big and family friendly

Pics are a couple of years old from when the car was new and in the detailers after a ceramic coating was put on it.

I thought that was used solely for dive watch bezels and coffee mugs.

Seriously though, first I've heard of this. Assuming it provides a protective layer similar to Seiko's Diashield that it applies to the watches?
If so, has it proved any good on our woeful roads?
Ryan
Lkrm
Senior
Senior

Post by Lkrm »

Skoda Karoq. The smaller version of the Kodiaq pictured above.
Louis

C5 Malvern mark III
C65 Trident 316LE Yellow
Spinnaker Bradner
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:39 pm
Bungle-ator wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm Skoda Kodiaq. Big and family frien
I thought that was used solely for dive watch bezels and coffee mugs.

Seriously though, first I've heard of this. Assuming it provides a protective layer similar to Seiko's Diashield that it applies to the watches?
If so, has it proved any good on our woeful roads?
I'm not sure what Seiko's Diashield is about but a ceramic coating on a car just gives it a little bit of extra protection on top of the lacquer for the paint. It leaves it less susceptible to things like bird poo burning through the lacquer, makes it easier to clean and gives you a "just waxed" finish every wash.

Car dealerships often offer on new cars but if you've ever paid them for it you'd think it was a waste of time because you see no benefits to it due to them applying it themselves in a spare half hour before you pick the car up. For perspective, the guy needed my car for 48 hours to do the job.

It was fantastic on mine until I stupidly let the dealership wash it after a warranty repair a couple of months ago. I'm almost certain they unwittingly took it off with a buffer.

I got a little bit more than 2 years from it but it should've lasted 3-5.

The car was dirty here but the water was still beading like it had half an inch of wax on it: