Modifying Your Watches

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rieslingguru
CW-watches: 1

Modifying Your Watches

Post by rieslingguru »

Would CW take modification requests? For instance, if I don't like the colour of the bezel on my Trident, can I ask CW to switch the bezel (with a labour fee plus the cost for the parts of course)? Has anyone made such requests to CW?
Pulsometer
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Modifying Your Watches

Post by jkbarnes »

They won’t do it. Even if you’re returning a watch to have a damaged bezel replaced for example, they only do like for like. I have no personal experience with this and am only referencing comments from previous threads.

I’m sure someone with first hand knowledge will chime in.
Drew
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

This is an often asked question probably as new members found it difficult to find the answer (Which for rieslingguru is a NO) on previous threads.

Mods - Maybe it'd be worth adding this type of info on the "Open post to new Forum members" thread or maybe create an information thread about CW's history and what they will or won't do so new members can be made aware?
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

I'd love to have a c9 jumping hour with Roman numerals hours and no number markers on the face. A hybrid of mk 2 & 3's I think
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
rieslingguru
CW-watches: 1

Post by rieslingguru »

My apologies folks. I should have searched with more keywords.

Thanks for all the responses. I’m going to take my Trident to do some intense sport and let’s hope the bezel doesn’t pop off.
Pulsometer
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

josbrownlie wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 am I'd love to have a c9 jumping hour with Roman numerals hours and no number markers on the face. A hybrid of mk 2 & 3's I think
I had one of those briefly last year, purchased in the New Year sale. It was pictured in the sale with Arabic numerals and returned because of the Roman numerals (but also the hour disc got stuck).
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

rieslingguru wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 pm My apologies folks. I should have searched with more keywords.

Thanks for all the responses. I’m going to take my Trident to do some intense sport and let’s hope the bezel doesn’t pop off.
No need to apologise. Everybody is happy to help.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

PaulJS wrote:There may be a loophole when it comes to a bezel colour change - as long as you are after an alternative standard colour.

It has already been established on here that CW do not keep records of watch serial numbers and therefore would have no idea what colour bezel your watch started life with. Therefore, you could ping your bezel off the watch ( or if that feels too brutal get a professional to remove it for you) and send it in sans bezel requesting a replacement and telling them it should have whatever bezel colour you are looking to change to!

You will also then have the standard bezel to revert to should you wish.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Paul
Interesting idea Paul, which might be feasible for a MkI Trident which only has the serial number on the case back.

However, CW adopted a new serial number format, based on the SKU, with the introduction of the C60 Trident Mk3 around this time last year and now adopted on all current production.

More info may be found in the CWArchives

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:23 pm
PaulJS wrote:There may be a loophole when it comes to a bezel colour change - as long as you are after an alternative standard colour.

It has already been established on here that CW do not keep records of watch serial numbers and therefore would have no idea what colour bezel your watch started life with. Therefore, you could ping your bezel off the watch ( or if that feels too brutal get a professional to remove it for you) and send it in sans bezel requesting a replacement and telling them it should have whatever bezel colour you are looking to change to!

You will also then have the standard bezel to revert to should you wish.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Paul
Interesting idea Paul, which might be feasible for a MkI Trident which only has the serial number on the case back.

However, CW adopted a new serial number format, based on the SKU, with the introduction of the C60 Trident Mk3 around this time last year and now adopted on all current production.

More info may be found in the CWArchives

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
My C60 lost its bezel, I was given a choice of replacement colours that were still in stock.
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue