Advice for Perfecting Fit of Trident Bracelet

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Advice for Perfecting Fit of Trident Bracelet

Post by Leon O »

Greetings, I just received my C60 Trident Chronograph and I am very impressed. The bracelet is not quick release, but the clasp has the ratcheting micro-adjustments.

My wrist is just shy of 18 cm in diameter, so I had it sized to 18 cm rather than the tighter 17.5 cm. The fit is close, but the watch slides below my wrist knuckle (not uncomfortably though). As delivered, the micro-adjustment on the clasp is all the way in, with no room to tighten with the ratchet. The center links look larger than the adjustment range. My thought is that if I remove a link I may not have enough space left to expand the bracelet with the micro-adjustments when my wrist swells.

Can anyone with in-between link size wrists comment on how they perfected the bracelet to their wrist?

In worst case I know I can use a strap.

Thanks!
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: Advice for Perfecting Fit of Trident Bracelet

Post by Craig64 »

Hello

My wrist is about 18.5cm circumference and I had exactly the same issue as you are facing with my first CW watch, the 38mm Mark2 Trident C60.
I am afraid that in the absence of a "half" link option, there was no way that I could get the perfect fit. So I opted to have it sized on the slightly big side with the micro adjustment fully in. I can tolerate a watch that wears a little loose, but not one that it too tight.

Out of interest, when I got my 40mm Mark3 Trident, the fit was absolutely perfect with the micro adjustment sitting mid way allowing room for adjustment both ways.

I should add, that in my opinion, the only way that this dilemma could be avoided, is if future designes either incorporate:
1) Half links in the bracelet or
2) A clasp whose micro adjustment allows for slightly more adjustment, ie at least by the amount of the length of a full link.
Regards
Craig
Hairy

Post by Hairy »

you can try this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53508
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Craig64 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:52 pm Hello

My wrist is about 18.5cm circumference and I had exactly the same issue as you are facing with my first CW watch, the 38mm Mark2 Trident C60.
I am afraid that in the absence of a "half" link option, there was no way that I could get the perfect fit. So I opted to have it sized on the slightly big side with the micro adjustment fully in. I can tolerate a watch that wears a little loose, but not one that it too tight.

Out of interest, when I got my 40mm Mark3 Trident, the fit was absolutely perfect with the micro adjustment sitting mid way allowing room for adjustment both ways.

I should add, that in my opinion, the only way that this dilemma could be avoided, is if future designes either incorporate:
1) Half links in the bracelet or
2) A clasp whose micro adjustment allows for slightly more adjustment, ie at least by the amount of the length of a full link.
Thanks, Like you I will probably wear the bracelet slightly loose.

I do, however, have a WR black hybrid strap that I may use so I can keep the bracelet like new.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Hairy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 pm you can try this:
Cool hack, but a bit beyond my capabilities
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Hairy wrote:you can try this:

Ohh very cool

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Things depend to a certain extent on the shape and profile of your wrist as well as the girth, if you’ll pardon the expression.

I have had my bracelets adjusted so that they are just a fraction too tight with the adjuster fully closed. It is well known that with some people the wrist tends to swell somewhat during warm weather. I have very occasionally used that first setting on a cold morning. The other intermediate settings provide varying degrees of comfort between perfect and slightly loose, whilst fully open the setting is what I call jangly-bangly, which is far too loose. On a summer day, which is when I usually wear bracelets anyway, I can change several times throughout the day between settings two and four.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

20200314_125545.jpg
My solution. The fit is perfect.