More Efficient Service From CW

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

More Efficient Service From CW

Post by Jcalder68 »

Just before Christmas I was wearing my C65 Trident GMT and noticed that it’s timekeeping was suddenly all over the place. Since it arrived it has been remarkable with an average timekeeping gain of about 2-3sec a day. Then, all of a sudden it lost about 12sec one day and then gained a whole 40sec over the next three days.
One phone call to CW Towers, we discussed options and they posted me a returns envelope. Obviously, the holidays delayed it’s arrival, but I was able to box up my watch and get it in the post just into the new year. I got confirmation of delivery a couple of days later and then an email advising me that timekeeping could be adjusted. It was still within manufacturer “tolerances” so this adjustment would be chargeable at £20. I accepted this (in fact, I nearly bit their hands off!) as I figured it was pretty good value for money; a local jeweller was asking over twice that. The only fly in the ointment was the quoted 8-10week turnaround time.
As it happened though it came back to me in just over 4 weeks. I got all the delivery emails to warm me and it arrived in perfect condition. And the icing on the cake is that it’s timekeeping is under 2sec a day deviation.
Happy days and hats off to all at CW Towers.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: More Efficient Service From CW

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That's all pretty top notch and good to hear positive news on CW Service.

As for the cost of £20; that barely covers the cost of postage both ways, let alone regulating the Timekeeping.

Enjoy it from hereon in.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: More Efficient Service From CW

Post by Bounce »

Great news, well done CW.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.