It’s official

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
04z

It’s official

Post by 04z »

I am now officially the proud owner of a MK3 which is my first (& not last) Ch Ward watch. Absolutely love the watch. The finishing, lume, the look, nothing bad I can say about it. Got it from the NN page and it came with a black webbed with white stitching strap which I personally didn’t care too much for so I currently have it on a Barton sailcloth. I am considering purchasing a black CW hybrid although I’ve never seen one in person.

What are people’s thoughts on the hybrid straps? I have read some folks don’t care for them. Any other recommendations for similar/comparable straps? I do believe sooner or later I’d also like to get a bracelet from CW.
36B11392-207D-449E-B919-573BBCAA69A2.jpeg
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: It’s official

Post by Noush »

Great stuff! We have similar stories. I too am the proud owner of my first (& not last) CW watch, also from the NN page and also with not my first choice strap. In my case a blue C65 Trident Diver hand-wind. LOVE it! There's genuinely something about a CW watch more than specs and pix.

The strap mine came with was a blue hybrid, which looks and feels surprisingly good. Not the most supple choice for sure but I have to say much more comfortable than expected, and kinda "grippy" - you don't have to wear it very tight and still it doesn't flop all over the place.
The "texture" of the outer surface looks sophisticated and doesn't shout "rubber strap!".
I will get leather for it but when I actually get it unplanned :) wet (small boat on the river) clip-clip and good to go with something smart.

Chris
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Looks great, congrats! The hybrids do get mixed feedback and they are releasing a new improved Hybrid this spring. Apparently CW have had adverse feedback on the comfort and flexibility of the current hybrid. That said....I have a hybrid and like it!
Frighty
CW-watches: 1

Post by Frighty »

I love my c60! I have not taken it off since I bought it! I have 3 straps, the bracelet, a leather strap from Gekota and a NATO, the NATO is by far the most comfortable..The bracelet adds a nice weight and feels quality and the leather looks I think the best..but I’ll be buying more canvas straps for sure.
Sail cloth has caught my attention though, what are they like?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Congratulations on the new Mk III. This is the first step to a whole box full of CWs.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Congratulations on your new MK3.
I bought my 40mm version with the stainless bracelet, and that is a really nicely made bracelet. I thoroughly recommend getting one.
However, I currently have mine on a black leather strap, from the watchstrap store https://www.watchstrapstore.co.uk/watch-straps.html and it is exceptionally comfy.
Attachments
BlkTrident2.jpeg
BlkTrident1.jpeg
Regards
Craig
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

If you enjoy a bracelet I would definitely consider adding one in the future. Even at the full price of around £150 it is well worth it. It is solid, has quick release pins so you can switch out without the fear of scratches and the quick adjust feature is excellent.

The fact CW have a quick adjust bracelet prevents me from buying lots of other divers as it is rare to find this feature without stepping up to much more expensive watches.

I'd also highly recommend the Spring Made nato in black and grey which looks great with this model and has an interesting way of fastening to get the perfect fit.

Enjoy your new watch!
04z

Post by 04z »

Thanks everyone for the replies. Today was the first full day with the MK3 and can’t say enough about it. A few friends who have never seen a CW in person and are wearers of Rolex and Omega were also pleased by the watch finishing.
I have a Barton Elite on the way to give it a try but will look into purchasing a bracelet soon.

Something I noticed and those that also have a mk3 could potentially shine light on, is the bezel. I read various articles prior to purchasing about CW focusing on the bezel feel, click, sound etc for the mk3. Am curious how other members bezel action is. Mine has some play or wiggle in between clicks. Was a little surprised at this due to focus on it from CW. Granted, it’s not as bad as say my Seiko SKX007 but I was surprised it wasn’t better.
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

Well done on your new mk3.
The quality and finish from cw just go from strength to strength.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations on getting your C60 MK3, they are a really lovely thing indeed.