What's in Name?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: What's in Name?

Post by Molan »

I have to admit that the personal contact I had with Chris certainly had an impact on my purchases.

On more than one occasion he went way beyond the level of customer service I’d expect from most businesses I have regular contact with.

Quite simply this made me buy more watches from them.

I will miss being able to go direct to ‘the boss’ when I have an awkward question to ask and I feel my relationship with the brand will not be as strong in the future.

Obviously very early days though. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
rweissen

Post by rweissen »

If I like the watch, I couldn’t care less what name is on it.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:36 pm I happen to be one of the "logo agnostic" tribe.
Funny thing. I was (am) firmly in the "I don't like the new logo" camp. I took a chance with the C60 Bronze, because, well, bronze. Strangely enough, while I still am not a fan of the logo, it doesn;t bother me, and I hardly notice it. Somewhat strangely, what actually bothers me more is the dial text at 6. Compared to the 3 line text with "Trident Pro" on the Mk 2, I find the 2 line text on the Mk 2.5 dial to be unbalanced. I don't think it's the 2 lines instead of 3, or that the took Trident Pro off (although I really like that on the dial), but rather I think the text is too small. It's not balanced with the logo. Definitely not enough to make me regret the purchase, but noticeable to me nonetheless.
Also, I agree with the Mk 3 hands. While you and I are probably in the minority, the new hands do nothing for me.
We are a fickle lot, aren't we?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Lavaine wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 pm
albionphoto wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:36 pm I happen to be one of the "logo agnostic" tribe.
Funny thing. I was (am) firmly in the "I don't like the new logo" camp. I took a chance with the C60 Bronze, because, well, bronze. Strangely enough, while I still am not a fan of the logo, it doesn;t bother me, and I hardly notice it. Somewhat strangely, what actually bothers me more is the dial text at 6. Compared to the 3 line text with "Trident Pro" on the Mk 2, I find the 2 line text on the Mk 2.5 dial to be unbalanced. I don't think it's the 2 lines instead of 3, or that the took Trident Pro off (although I really like that on the dial), but rather I think the text is too small. It's not balanced with the logo. Definitely not enough to make me regret the purchase, but noticeable to me nonetheless.
Also, I agree with the Mk 3 hands. While you and I are probably in the minority, the new hands do nothing for me.
We are a fickle lot, aren't we?
It's often the small(est) details that make the difference and when they're inside your head it's difficult to ignore.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

We are a fickle and picky lot indeed.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris