Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by StrapMeister »

Inconsiderate neighbours...
I have to move the cars off the drive in order to wash one at a time on the drive.
I always try to park the cars on the road so that I'm not blocking people's access.
Then you get the neighbour across the road who just rolls up and parks opposite without any consideration for others and whether they can pass or not :-x
What an ars :silent:
ImageInconsiderate_Neighbours_001 by blank, on Flickr
ImageInconsiderate_Neighbours_002 by blank, on Flickr
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It appears that Sir Philip Pullman is urging people to boycott the new 50p coin because the inscription on the back does not contain an Oxford comma.

Well, I’m not so fussy, Philip. Send them all to me and I will spend them on my favourite foods, coffee, and wine. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Why do the little buggers I teach feel compelled to cheat? I spent a day reviewing. I gave you a thorough review guide, and I practically hand fed you the answers I’m looking for to the written response questions. Yet you little rat-b*st*rds still cheat.

Enjoy the 100% free response question tests that might be coming, because that’s the consequence of your actions.
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Squeezing toothpaste from the top of the tube....aaargh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Flying ... nothing will make you despise the human race more than trying to get on or off a plane...

MC
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Thank you Samsung for repairing my faulty phone.

Fantastic customer service, good communication, friendly staff on the first vidit, all booked in for repair.
Oh wait, no, it's not covered by the warranty after all.
So 2 trips to Westfield, £12 parking, time off work, and lots of aggravation, swapping to a temporary phone, including losing all my texts, lots of contacts etc.
It's ok though, at least you're delaying the repair, because you may honour you're warranty and that must be a tough decision.
Bitter sweet if you do, as this will mean wiping the phone, and me being unable to recover the texts etc.

Seriously considering a move to iPhone..

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Macca

Post by Macca »

Banned from TZ again for upsetting one of the locals ... I love the forum for some things, hate it for others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Just to balance out the good vibes from another member’s cheery post.....

ITV’s breakfast & morning weekday slots, which seem to be little more than a turgid line up of past-their-best hosts interviewing a dribble of self-important minor celebrities plugging their own shows which will be shown later this day/week/month on, wait for it .... ITV! The programming content on the channel with ads every 15 minutes is basically a poorly disguised ad for its own shows. Oh the irony!
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

At work, all non essential and vulnerable staff have been sent home for the foreseeable future, which means that those of us that are left, are having to work creatively to cover essential tasks. There’s even talk of a partial or complete site shutdown which is no mean feat, let me tell you!! They’re even saying that that would ring the death knell for us!

If things weren’t difficult enough at the moment, I’ve just broken a tooth, whilst eating my tea and it’s slowly starting to ache!! That’s going to be difficult to sort out, what with having to cover other peoples shifts at work and the availability of a dental appointment, due to a limited service currently being provided by my local surgery.
Steve.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

From someone who has posted a single 'tweet' since joining Twitter years ago I am appalled by the vicious, abhorrent, disrespectful and down right disgusting posts that so called well educated people are compiling.

Quite frankly they should take a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask what are they actually achieving.

I have now deactivated my Twitter account as I have no wish to be associated with such poor excuses for human beings.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

As mentioned in my previous moan, I broke a tooth last week. I thought that I’d have trouble getting an appointment but I was wrong. They offered me one the next day. As I was at work it would have been difficult to get away so I opted for the offer of an appointment early Monday morning. Big mistake! They rang and cancelled an hour before!

Don’t worry says my dentist, we’ll still have an emergency dentist on call 24/7, should you need it.
So, says I, if my tooth starts to hurt, you’ll be able to help?
Yes, we can advise on suitable painkillers.
Great says I, think I can work that one out for myself.
Steve.
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

Just had a phone call from a supposedly intelligent female relative who is apoplectic about hairdressers closing!

I was lost for (polite) words......
Time keeps on slipping into the future
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Our dog groomer has decided it's in the 'best interests of the animals' that he will remain open and continue to serve his customers.
Dogs can take a bath / shower / hosepipe at home for the foreseeable future in this house.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:32 am Why do so many people now use the word "of" where they should be using "have"?

For example "I should of" ? No ! You should HAVE or use "should've" if you want to abbreviate the word.

And why "try and" do something ? You "try to" do something.

I may not be perfect in all elements of English Grammar but the 2 examples above of the killing of correct English drive me mad.
This still........
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

people blindly defending CW's crappy PR NHS stunt.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.