A place to show and discuss your vintage watches
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Vintage watch dealers

Post by nburgess »

Hi one and all,

I'm looking into getting a birth year watch (1975).
Wanting an Omega and currently looking at a Geneve or possibly a Seamaster. Although if the right watch came up, I would consider other makes.
I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a UK (or trusted international) seller ?
Had a look on the likes of Chrono24, but wondering where else I could try as a lot of them seem to be non UK sellers.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Neil
Wolfman53
Senior
Senior

Re: Vintage watch dealers

Post by Wolfman53 »

nburgess wrote:Hi one and all,

I'm looking into getting a birth year watch (1975).
Wanting an Omega and currently looking at a Geneve or possibly a Seamaster. Although if the right watch came up, I would consider other makes.
I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a UK (or trusted international) seller ?
Had a look on the likes of Chrono24, but wondering where else I could try as a lot of them seem to be non UK sellers.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I was also looking for a birth year watch, albeit much older than yours!
There is a guy called Kabaclyde on Reddit and Instagram who always has a good range of vintage Omegas for sale. Give him a try

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I recalled seeing a website called Birth Year Watches in the past, and a quick google and my memory serves me well. They are based in England. They also have a very good Trustpilot rating.

Maybe worth a look?

https://www.birthyearwatches.com/
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Many thanks Gents.
I did actually have a quick look at birthyearwatches.com a little earlier, and although they had nothing which both took my fancy and was within my modest budget, I will keep checking them.
As for Kabaclyde - he certainly has some interesting pieces! Again, I'll be sure to keep an eye on his stock.
:thumbup:
Neil
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

retrowatchguy
Dcvintagewatches
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
barry72
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by barry72 »

Black bough
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Sonning Vintage Watches have a birth year section where you select your year :

Sonning Vintage Watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

So I have just been on the hunt for a birth year vintage watch.
I really liked the looked of the Omega Gold Case, Black Dial, Constellation or Seamaster models but their a bit pricey for a decent one.

While I was hunting around I came across this site https://www.loveantiques.com/vintage-wa ... ns-watches which, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, provides a good insight into buying a vintage watch.
This site appears to list watches from a number of reputable dealers.

I eventually found something really different and very unusual at Corr Vintage Watches https://corrvintagewatches.com/.
I made an enquiry (filled in the online form) and the owner John gave me a call (this was on BH Friday) - we had a very nice chat, he told me about the provenance of the watch, put a deal together and I'm now waiting for it to be posted out Tuesday.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

Strangely I was going to post about this yesterday! I'm looking for something from 1985 but not a clue where to start so thanks for all the suggestions!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars