C60 GMT COSC

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Champaul

C60 GMT COSC

Post by Champaul »

I can’t seem to find a C60 GMT COSC, has CW ever produced one? If not is there a reason why they haven’t?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 GMT COSC

Post by Thegreyman »

I don’t believe they have. I assume the reason may be cost. The GMT was/is already more expensive than a standard Trident without the added cost of getting the movement to COSC standards.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

As mentioned above, CW have not produced a GMT COSC watch, yet.

Information on all CW watches can be found in the CWArchives

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Champaul

Post by Champaul »

Thanks for your replies, I think it would be a good idea for an LE especially now as some of the prices are increasing. I know I would be very interested.
francis sexton

Post by francis sexton »

I recently bought a Trident Pro 600 which as you say i'snt COSC rated. I also splashed out on a Sandhurst which is COSC rated.
The Trident gains about one or two seconds every couple of days, the Sandhurst loses about four seconds a day !!! Anyone explain that ?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

francis sexton wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm I recently bought a Trident Pro 600 which as you say i'snt COSC rated. I also splashed out on a Sandhurst which is COSC rated.
The Trident gains about one or two seconds every couple of days, the Sandhurst loses about four seconds a day !!! Anyone explain that ?
Apologies if you already know all of this...
COSC certification is carried out on the watch mechanism only using a control dial. The specification is that the watch should have an accuracy in the range -4/+6 seconds under the test conditions. Once the watch is cased with the proper dial all bets are off.
In use a, the timekeeping of a COSC certified watch can vary quite widely. How do you use the watch? Do you take it off at night? How do you position the watch overnight if it isn't worn (crown up, crown down, face up) all make a difference to the overall (average) timekeeping over a day's use. A timegrapher might be able to give you more accurate information.

In the end I think you got lucky with your Trident Pro. My experience with CW's non-COSC watches is that, under my use conditions, they are generally within COSC specification or very close to it. I've only ever had one CW watch that lost time on a daily basis and that was corrected by CW under warranty (it was out of COSC variance).

To answer your original question the difference would be in regulation of the watch and probably different usage. If you're unhappy try and get some accurate timing information over a period of time (careful controls help) and send it back to CW to be re-regulated if it is at, or outside of, the limits of COSC certification. Don't ask for a COSC recertification as that would cost a lot of money but CW should be able to regulate the watch closer to the centrepoint of COSC limits.

Hope this helps.
BTW, if this was a jest in some way I fell for it hook, line and sinker :oops:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

francis sexton wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm I recently bought a Trident Pro 600 which as you say i'snt COSC rated. I also splashed out on a Sandhurst which is COSC rated.
Yes, both watches are operating within the specified tolerance of COSC ratings, a wider tolerance on a lower grade movement doesn't necessarily equate to less accuracy.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 am As mentioned above, CW have not produced a GMT COSC watch, yet.

Guy

Are you suggesting that they will soon?
Mark
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionphoto wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 am As mentioned above, CW have not produced a GMT COSC watch, yet.

Guy

Are you suggesting that they will soon?
I'm neither suggesting they will, nor suggesting they won't.

Merely making a factual statement and pointing people in the direction of the CWArchives for reference.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Shame. I thought you had some advance information and the mask of discretion had slipped.
Mark
Kestrel452

Post by Kestrel452 »

As the others have pointed out, I have not seen a GMT complication on any of their COSC watches. Which is a shame IMO. I feel the C60 COSC is their best watch but very much dislike the scratched “Ombré” dial.