Trident C60 Mk2 vs Mk3

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tomo1971

Trident C60 Mk2 vs Mk3

Post by Tomo1971 »

Have a 43mm Mk2 Black dial and love the look of the Mk3, has a much fresher look.

Those that have made the switch, is there a big visual difference?
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Trident C60 Mk2 vs Mk3

Post by Viognier »

A family member bought a Mk3 and we compared it to my MK2

I like aspects of both but the MK3 case is absolutely fantastic and especially with the QR bracelet I would be slightly leaning that way.

Recall someone on our forum did a side by side comparison.....
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Tomo1971

Post by Tomo1971 »

Thanks.....

Not that often on the forum, tend to follow a CW Facebook group... What kind of prices do the Mk2's sell for if I decided to go that route to 'trade up' to the Mk3
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Now that you have more than 5 posts you are able to look through the Sales Corner. That should give you some idea.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ A much better choice. I keep forgetting to refer to that, and I even helped to put it together, dammit! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Tomo1971 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm Have a 43mm Mk2 Black dial and love the look of the Mk3, has a much fresher look.
Ignoring the MK3 improvements that are non-visual, the MK3 has some significant visual differences. In my opinion they represent improvements, but that is of course a matter of personal opinion.

In terms of specific visual differences, there are a good few differences, but to me the four most significant are as follows:
1) Case shape on the MK3 has the appearance of being much slimmer due to the clever use of chamfering. In contrast, the MK2 has more “slab” looking side sections.
2) The hour and minute hands are significantly different, moving from the previous tear drop design, to the straighter arrow shape.
3) The case finish and the steel bracelet of the MK3 have more brushed sections, and less polished areas/parts.
4) Crucially, in the dark, the MK3’s bezel is brilliant with the applied lume, whereas the MK2 has no lume, apart from the pip at 12 o’clock.

Having said the above, both variants are superb watches.
Regards
Craig
04z

Post by 04z »

I am in the market for a Trident and am leaning towards the MK3 due to bezel. Looks fantastic imo
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

04z wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 am I am in the market for a Trident and am leaning towards the MK3 due to bezel. Looks fantastic imo
^^ Couple just popped up in the NN Sale....act fast!
04z

Post by 04z »

Viognier wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:47 pm
04z wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 am I am in the market for a Trident and am leaning towards the MK3 due to bezel. Looks fantastic imo
Thanks so much for the heads up. I just bought the black one which is exactly what I was looking for and with strap in lieu of bracelet. (Going to buy a bracelet separate). Just to find one or get from CW.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

04z wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:12 pm
Viognier wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:47 pm
Thanks so much for the heads up. I just bought the black one which is exactly what I was looking for and with strap in lieu of bracelet. (Going to buy a bracelet separate). Just to find one or get from CW.
Thrilled you were able to acquire it!
Tomo1971

Post by Tomo1971 »

Saw a Mk3 in NN today but was 40mm....Grrr......
Blake
Senior
Senior

Post by Blake »

Honestly - i'm a sucker of the teardrop hour hand and especially the wave pattern.
The only thing that I get upset is that I have the Mk2 white GMT and there is no orange font at the button which could add A LOT.
Tomo1971

Post by Tomo1971 »

Thanks for the help guys..... the Mk3 really is an improvement visually looking at all the pics and videos on YT etc - although the Mk2 is of course a fantastic piece in its own right.

I decided against the upgrade to the Mk3 though..........the things I like on watches are -
  • Titanium
  • display back
  • good lume
  • COSC
Oh, wait - look what has appeared on the CS site - the Elite 1000 .... unsure of the 15.4mm thickness but will give it a try.

Ordered on the hybrid for now but will get the bracelet once I have received the watch and decide on keeping it.

My wife bought a watch for me when we met that was titanium, although sadly now lost in a hotel somewhere, and my wedding band is titanium, hence my liking of it as a material.

I have a replica watch that despite been a clone ETA movement keeps better dam time than my Mk2 (although the Mk2 is in spec for the SW) - the replica is actually within COSC spec!!

Unsure on if I will sell the Mk2 now but gather if I do, will be around the £350 to £400 mark - will wait on the 1000 arriving and see if its a keeper first.
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Craig64 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Tomo1971 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm Have a 43mm Mk2 Black dial and love the look of the Mk3, has a much fresher look.
Ignoring the MK3 improvements that are non-visual, the MK3 has some significant visual differences. In my opinion they represent improvements, but that is of course a matter of personal opinion.

In terms of specific visual differences, there are a good few differences, but to me the four most significant are as follows:
1) Case shape on the MK3 has the appearance of being much slimmer due to the clever use of chamfering. In contrast, the MK2 has more “slab” looking side sections.
2) The hour and minute hands are significantly different, moving from the previous tear drop design, to the straighter arrow shape.
3) The case finish and the steel bracelet of the MK3 have more brushed sections, and less polished areas/parts.
4) Crucially, in the dark, the MK3’s bezel is brilliant with the applied lume, whereas the MK2 has no lume, apart from the pip at 12 o’clock.

Having said the above, both variants are superb watches.

My MK11 White dial has clear enough lume to read throughout the night. Not as bright as the MK3 but to say "no lume" isnt very fair