C7 Mk2 Bracelet End Links

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lars
Senior
Senior

C7 Mk2 Bracelet End Links

Post by Lars »

All,

I was wondering if someone could advise please if this looks correct or not.

I put the bracelet back onto my C7 Mk2 but I did not recall the end links being able to move as they do, see pictures attached.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal please ? Many thanks in advance.

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: C7 Mk2 Bracelent End Links

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Hi Lars, is it a specific C7 bracelet? It happens with mine too, but i think my bracelet actually came from a C700. I emailed Chris Ward about it and he said the bracelets are a slightly different fit
Lars
Senior
Senior

Re: C7 Mk2 Bracelet End Links

Post by Lars »

Hi, thanks for the reply, this was the original bracelet that came with the watch so it should be a good fit. I just can't recall if it was like this before. The edges of the end links are pretty sharp.

Thanks.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Could be the width of the springbars - I had something similar happen on a Seiko a few years ago and the springbars thickness was the reason.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Lars
Senior
Senior

Post by Lars »

The spring bars are the originals and they look fine. This watch is very rarely used so it has not been under any strain or anything like that.

I checked the spring bars are properly seated in the holes with a click. The 6 o'clock position sits fine when on the wrist but the 12 o'clock looks odd. Maybe it will settle down with a little wear on the wrist.

If anyone out there has same watch with bracelet and could check if theirs is same that would be most helpful.

Thanks.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

I'll follow this with interest then. I have the same issue and the edges, as you say, a very sharp. If there is a remedy it would be good to know what it is
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

There's a knack to fitting that type of bracelet with the little 'block'. Pop it off again and (pretty firmly) press the top of the end link against the watch head (up near the bezel) as you locate the spring bars home. Then you'll hopefully get the link resting that 'block' against the base of the head. Sometimes takes a few attempts.
Lars
Senior
Senior

Post by Lars »

Thanks Renton, appreciate the tip and approach. I took them off again and managed to get it re-seated properly. Even although the spring bars were home, as you say it requires getting the angle just right so that little block on the rear rests against the base.

Hopefully this thread may help others as I had not come across this before.

Kansas city, maybe this is your issue too !
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

All good advice.

I'll bear it in mind when I'm fitting a bracelet to my C70 HRDC tomorrow (not fitted a C7/C70 bracelet for a while).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Lars wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:05 pm Thanks Renton, appreciate the tip and approach. I took them off again and managed to get it re-seated properly. Even although the spring bars were home, as you say it requires getting the angle just right so that little block on the rear rests against the base.

Hopefully this thread may help others as I had not come across this before.

Kansas city, maybe this is your issue too !
:D good for you Lars. I will give it a go when I get some strength to do it. I find strap changing a really fiddly job that ends up with blood, stab wounds and a whole new breed of swear words. I have resolved to only use QR straps from now for good reason. That said, next time I get my C7 out (a black version of yours, I might give it a go :censored: :censored: :censored:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 pm All good advice.

I'll bear it in mind when I'm fitting a bracelet to my C70 HRDC tomorrow (not fitted a C7/C70 bracelet for a while).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thought I'd fit a new bracelet, bought in the clearance last summer (2019), to the C70 HRDC purchased in this January's clearance, this afternoon.

Much as I have fitted and unfitted numerous bracelets on various watches, including a C70 BRG I used to own and fitting a bracelet (early one needing normal spring bars) to my C65 Trident Diver recently which took less than five minutes, I'd forgotten how tricky the C7/C70 bracelet is to fit!

Took me over an hour of fiddling, including having to resort to using a loupe to check the spring bars were fully seated in the holes in the lugs. Had the slightly loose and buttressed look several times but managed it eventually. Phew.

This one's staying on its bracelet!

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ian-909
Senior
Senior

Post by ian-909 »

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Guy, will drop back to jewellers to get my bracelet refitted to my C70 HRDC.