C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 / patina

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 / patina

Post by willttqs »

i think it looks amazing! i might try it with my c65 bronze sh21 too if it does not sell in the next couple of weeks
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Hmm, its an odd one, I actually quite like it and think with jeans and casual could look great.. the bit that doesn't quite match for me is the immaculate dial, hands and indices compared to the aged case.
If you like it who cares, wear in good health.
Also Im hardly qualified to comment as someone that dislikes scratches, worn bezel on one of my 40 year old watches and contemplated replacement with a non OEM new, thank goodness i didn't.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
hyperion
CW-watches: 2

Post by hyperion »

I think it's too much (green/blue).

It looks like an old watch unearthed from your garden.
In my opinion, patina is a proof of the watch living but in this case the watch seems to have been forget for years, alone in the garden.
hyperion
CW-watches: 2

Post by hyperion »

And you can explain to your wife than with a little lemon juice, it should be as new as the first day. :D
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Wow!
Actually I really like it :-)
I think you have done a great job. Yes, it is forced, extreme and a BIG change form the original but my opinion is that it has worked well. The blue highlights match both the colour of the strap and the dial, and I think this blue patina will wear down and mellow a tad as you use it.
I’d love to wear that by the pool, on the beach or anywhere in summer. Blue strap, green strap, yellow strap? Dress it up and funk with it!
As mentioned above, it is your watch you can wear it how you like and reverse it if you choose. I’d keep it as is and enjoy it.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

One thing to note regarding reversing the change...

Naturally progressing patina can be reversed by various methods and the result looks, for all intents and purposes, pretty much like it originally did.

Forced patina on the other hand, can actually damage the case; it’s something often hidden by the crusty blue/green coloured patina. When it’s cleaned off, you will sometimes find varying degrees of pitting in the case material. I suspect it depends to a large extent on the particular bronze alloy used; I’ve personally had it happen with a Steinhart bronze case, but not with other brands. So I’d say think twice before forcing patina. It may not be completely reversible...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

i would imagine that this oris may have been forced too........

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Oris/Dive ... 92&rank=31
IanKelly63
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by IanKelly63 »

I really like the look of that!

I've got the C60 bronze GMT so I might experiment with the ammonia/salt aging.

Btw - how do you do that? Got a link handy?

Also, when reversing patination, I see that CW recommend cape cod cloths. I've seen that others mention lemon juice (submerge the watch and leave it?) or ketchup. Any links for those methods?

I know I can Google for this stuff, but would like to hear from folk that have actually done this and how they did it.

Thanks!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

CW x 3
Others...
Casio x 8,Citizen x 2,Coen Anders x 1,Hamilton x 3,Ingersoll x 1,Junghans x 2,
Marloe x 2,Orient x 1,Rotary x 1,Seiko x 3,Swatch x 1,Tissot x 2
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

What a good job we can agree to differ!

My thoughts are that as you are a fine fellow doubtless you have a charming, intelligent and lovely wife whose opinions you at least listen to. (I'd better add wisdom to your characteristics too).
I like the idea of bronze watches and I like the idea of patination which wouldn't be out of place on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean but I'm not sure that it works well all that well once we move away from the seaside: in a town centre restaurant for example.
I tried a bronze C60 and, to be honest, thought the case design just too elegant for such rufty-tufty treatment.
Essentially the if it works for you that's great but you should buy your wide something nice to take her mind off it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

IanKelly63 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:27 pm Also, when reversing patination, I see that CW recommend cape cod cloths. I've seen that others mention lemon juice (submerge the watch and leave it?) or ketchup. Any links for those methods?

I know I can Google for this stuff, but would like to hear from folk that have actually done this and how they did it.
I’ve used lemon juice on a cotton bud to remove some of the patina but not get back to raw. Takes about 5 minutes. I’ve also used a lime bath (mushed up lime flesh) left overnight and my C60 acquired a strange leopard spot effect, while I also have a bronze Zelos which, when subjected to the same treatment, went back to raw.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
IanKelly63
Senior
Senior

Post by IanKelly63 »

0uatiOW wrote:
IanKelly63 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:27 pm Also, when reversing patination, I see that CW recommend cape cod cloths. I've seen that others mention lemon juice (submerge the watch and leave it?) or ketchup. Any links for those methods?

I’ve used lemon juice on a cotton bud to remove some of the patina but not get back to raw. Takes about 5 minutes. I’ve also used a lime bath (mushed up lime flesh) left overnight and my C60 acquired a strange leopard spot effect, while I also have a bronze Zelos which, when subjected to the same treatment, went back to raw.
Thanks for that!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

CW x 3
Others...
Feru

Post by Feru »

My first CW, before patina.

Hello everyone 😄 Im new on forum
Attachments
image.jpg
IanKelly63
Senior
Senior

Post by IanKelly63 »

gaf1958 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:23 am One thing to note regarding reversing the change...

Naturally progressing patina can be reversed by various methods and the result looks, for all intents and purposes, pretty much like it originally did.

Forced patina on the other hand, can actually damage the case; it’s something often hidden by the crusty blue/green coloured patina. When it’s cleaned off, you will sometimes find varying degrees of pitting in the case material. I suspect it depends to a large extent on the particular bronze alloy used; I’ve personally had it happen with a Steinhart bronze case, but not with other brands. So I’d say think twice before forcing patina. It may not be completely reversible...
Good to know... Thank You!
CW x 3
Others...
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Feru wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:35 pm My first CW, before patina.

Hello everyone 😄 Im new on forum
Er, that's not before patina, that it a great example of natural and proper patination!
Welcome to the forum.
There's always time for one more.
b00ndocksaint
Senior
Senior

Post by b00ndocksaint »

An interesting look for sure! I'm no stranger to modding (dechroming most of my Vostoks bezels to bare brass) but can't say I would artificially patina to that extent myself. The pristine strap and face etc is a bit jarring but if it works for you then awesome! I've always been of the opinion that you should wear watches, accept every scratch they receive and enjoy them for the tools they are.
Rolex Sub 116610LN / Tudor BB58 / Omega Seamaster 300M Pro 2531.80.00 / Breitling Avenger II Blackbird / Vintage 50s Omega / Bremont S501 / C60 Bronze / C60 Abyss / C65 / Dreyfuss Co 1974 / Vostok Amphibias / Skagen 234XXLT / Zelos Mako Bronze