Jan sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: Jan sale

Post by MarkingTime »

Heads up, 40% off a black C60 in the half price section...
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

MarkingTime wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 pm Heads up, 40% off a black C60 in the half price section...
Didnt last long!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Soporsche wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 pm
StrappedUp wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am
Soporsche wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am Surprised the 38mm c60 black/red bezel is hanging around!
It's not. If you click on the link, it's showing as out of stock.
Was also out of stock at 7:30 this morning, so not sure what's happening there.
And.. its gone! One of a few errors (mainly descriptions) but think generally they've done a good job (fast processing etc) compared to recent times.
Soporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
Is: C65 Super Compressor, Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, Orient Mako 2
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

@Shaggy, sorry to hear that. That's not good enough then. My experience of NN has always been positive, although that's not everyone's experience
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I see on the FB group that there was a C8 Flyer in the 50% section. Glad I ordered before that popped up, or my decision on what to buy would have been complicated.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pmSoporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:
Ahhhhh. Remember all the slowdowns, crashes, and "cyber attacks" in years past during every sale? Fun times... :D . Seems to be a thing of the past.
shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly. I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
:? That's the exact one I kept looking at when it went live. Hope you can get it sorted. :o
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:My lightweight black order is due tomorrow too. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Wrong order!

What I received was lightweight and black; but not my order from the sale.

It was a CW watch pod with my C6 Kingfisher Blue inside, being returned following the fitment of a new battery. :oops:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pmSoporsche, this has been the best Sale Time performance by CW since i've been on the Forum. These pages are usually filled up with grumbles about the order process, website performance/availability/outage, customer service, dispatch etc etc. Much better by CW this time around :thumbup:
Ahhhhh. Remember all the slowdowns, crashes, and "cyber attacks" in years past during every sale? Fun times... :D . Seems to be a thing of the past.
shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly. I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
:? That's the exact one I kept looking at when it went live. Hope you can get it sorted. :o
I was waiting for that exact C7 version almost whole last year. When I spotted it in NN -60% I didn't hesitate a second. What I heard the NN watches were always in perfect condition. Not this specific piece. I love the watch, its really beautiful and I always wanted automatic chronograph, but... I have contact CW support, will send them some pictures, let's see.

And yes, the pages are working really superb this year. Not like last years.
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
Merson10

Post by Merson10 »

Hey guys, new joiner to the site.

I was about to pull the trigger on a C65 in the sale section but too slow!

Do you guys know how often CW run these sales?
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

At 30% off RP, nearly new should be just that, at 60%, I'd be surprised if it didn't show more obvious signs of use.

For the minor faff involved, it would be worth resolving the issues yourself, if possible, particularly as you like the watch and it was such a good price.
CW will probably sort this out, but it might take a while to resolve if the watch needs to go back. None of my watches have taken less than ten weeks to turn around.
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

No, there's a new piece at -50% -> https://www.christopherward.eu/s07-42ach1-s0kk0-vk
So NN at -60% it's not such a huge difference in price.
If the watch has some obvious sign of use, then maybe a photo or a comment would be nice to have.
ondris

Post by ondris »

shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm I have received C7 rapide Chrono Automatic from NN sale and it came dirty. Scratched between lugs. End link on added bracelet (NN too) does not fit perfectly, its wobbly.
I'm have expected a bit more I must say. My 3rd CW and I'm a bit disappointed.
This makes me a bit anxious for my C60 Bronze order.
But yes, with "just" 30% discount, you could expect better condition.

Just for curiosity, would you prefer to return the watch, or a a partial refund?
What could be expected in these situation?
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Ooops....... :)

Couldn't resist.

MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

shaggy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm No, there's a new piece at -50% -> https://www.christopherward.eu/s07-42ach1-s0kk0-vk
So NN at -60% it's not such a huge difference in price.
Hmm, not so sure. That's £130!