News related to Christopher Ward Watches
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by what-time-is-it »

Obviously more potential in property management. :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Speculation - the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

What do any of us (including me) know about this to put forward anything other than pure suggestion, theory or conjecture? If CW (Company and person) wants anybody to know the full details of Chris moving on and what will happen now I'm sure they will make it known.

Until then let's just wish him the best of luck, as several people already have, and leave it at that.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:33 pm Speculation - the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

'Nuff said I think.
Took seconds to find and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it until now.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

Chris
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Mikkei4 wrote: Until then let's just wish him the best of luck, as several people already have, and leave it at that.
Good advice.
Richard
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

downer wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:03 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Until then let's just wish him the best of luck, as several people already have, and leave it at that.
Good advice.
Agree Richard, lets not discuss anything on a forum!

Chris
Redimp7

Post by Redimp7 »

His name will live long . Great legacy
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

Obviously I have no greater insight (and probably a lot less) than others here, but I have been involved in companies that start off as micro business and then, relativity speaking, make it big.

My experience is that the excitement and frisson of the early days gets replaced by the general day to day grind of keeping it all going onwards and upwards. This is why you get seriel entrepreneurs who just enjoy starting companies, getting them to a certain level of success and then moving on to something else.

Christopher Ward (the man not the brand) has been instrumental in a massive achievement and, regardless of where the company goes from here, that is now effectively cemented in history by his departure at a time of success.

I hope that Chris enjoys his retirement and / or new ventures and I offer my thanks for the products that he has made it possible for us to enjoy.

Cheers,

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

PaulJS wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm Obviously I have no greater insight (and probably a lot less) than others here, but I have been involved in companies that start off as micro business and then, relativity speaking, make it big.

My experience is that the excitement and frisson of the early days gets replaced by the general day to day grind of keeping it all going onwards and upwards. This is why you get seriel entrepreneurs who just enjoy starting companies, getting them to a certain level of success and then moving on to something else.

Christopher Ward (the man not the brand) has been instrumental in a massive achievement and, regardless of where the company goes from here, that is now effectively cemented in history by his departure at a time of success.

I hope that Chris enjoys his retirement and / or new ventures and I offer my thanks for the products that he has made it possible for us to enjoy.

Cheers,

Paul
Well said.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:54 pm
PaulJS wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm Obviously I have no greater insight (and probably a lot less) than others here, but I have been involved in companies that start off as micro business and then, relativity speaking, make it big.

Cheers,

Paul
Well said.
Seconded!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

Sorry to hear Chris is leaving. I hope it is merely through choice and not health or corporate grievance reasons.

I have not spoken with Chris for quite a number of years now but when I had reason to he was always courteous, kind, helpful and in fact outright generous way above and beyond any of my expectations. He even gave me a gift of a prototype Peregrine and he sold me another prototype C3 at a ridiculously low price with an unusual specification that never made it to production. I still cherish them both. A thoroughly decent and honourable man to say the least. Chris can leave the company with his head held high and be proud of what he achieved in such a short space in time. I can only wish that both Chris and Wera have many happy years ahead of them doing whatever they choose to make them both happy.

Thank you Chris. You were a top notch bloke but I think you know that already. :clap:
W1ndy82

Post by W1ndy82 »

Soporsche wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:08 pm
albionphoto wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Cheers,

Paul
Well said.
Seconded!
I also have to agree however he could’ve found or even made another C60 Trident 2RRF watch before he left, I’ve been looking for one for years 😢🤣.
jumptoit

Post by jumptoit »

In the 'early days' I received emails directly from Chris, and it was a nice touch to feel that the genesis of the company was in direct contact with the customer. Sad to see him move on.
aphenomenon

Post by aphenomenon »

Kip, thanks for sharing this. I've been a passive member on the forum...time permits me now to spend some time here.

Will be interesting to see where the brand goes from here, if they maintain their standard and ethos in a competitive market they will thrive. Always heartening to see a local name succeeding.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Chris...and Wara...if you read this....Many Many thanks for the customer service you both have showed me in the years since I found your branded watches. If other British businesses spoke/corresponded to their customers like you did to me, I suspect they would have been very successful. Best of luck/health and happiness for the future

cheers Jimbo
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

I’ve also been a relatively passive member of the Forum for a few years now. I still look in quite frequently but my life just has other priorities these days.

This, however, deserves a comment!

I’m sorry to see Chris go. I only spoke to him once and Wera not more than a handful of times back in the early days (and I’m very sure neither of them will remember — but that’s OK!) and what struck me was the very friendly and wide-ranging chat that went so much beyond “how can we sell you a watch...”

CW the brand has developed immensely over the last decade or so and, like many others, is the reason I finally got sucked down the rabbit hole of watches and horology!

I’m sure the brand will do just fine. If it keeps the name, great; if it evolves into something else, so be it! Time will tell.

It’s not like Fender guitars disappeared without a trace when Leo Fender left the company... (a few rocky years at one point but look at them now!!)

Whatever happens, very best wishes to Chris & Wera — such lovely people and thanks for selling me those watches (I still have all of them!).

:wave: