Post by Kansas City Milkman »

There's a black version on hybrid still there
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Trident C60 600 vs ?

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 pm or is it 4yrs warranty?
It's 5 years.......
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:49 pm
golfjunky wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 pm or is it 4yrs warranty?
It's 5 years.......
5 years 'conditional' warranty (on the movement only)...
4 years 'un-conditional' warranty (on the movement only)... :lol:
Either way, not bad.
panos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by panos »

I don't mean to be a bad influence here :D but I have to ask:

have you been through the process of trying on the blue Omega in stores? are you trying to find it in display cases when you walk by etc? I am afraid that if you have gone through this process that is the watch you will want in the end and other substitutes, although great, may not fully satisfy you. I am sure many of us here have fallen into this trap before :lol:

I therefore have the following suggestion, have you looked at the previous generation of the Omega Seamaster 300m- the 41mm one? It is equally beautiful in blue and some unworn or even lightly used examples from 2016-18 can be found for way less than the current generation of the seamaster.

Another tip is that some of the older ones had a simple clasp with a diver's extension. If you end up buying one of these then you can easily upgrade to the microadjustment clasp found in the later models - Omega sell them for less than 100gbp (or at least they were when I got my clasp 3 years ago).
With this upgrade this is easily one of the most comfortable and beautiful watches in my opinion.
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm There's a black version on hybrid still there
Definitely looking at the blue one and that's only a 38mm too which is a bit small

Thanks though.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

panos wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:23 pm have you been through the process of trying on the blue Omega in stores? are you trying to find it in display cases when you walk by etc? I am afraid that if you have gone through this process that is the watch you will want in the end and other substitutes, although great, may not fully satisfy you. I am sure many of us here have fallen into this trap before :lol:

I therefore have the following suggestion, have you looked at the previous generation of the Omega Seamaster 300m- the 41mm one? It is equally beautiful in blue and some unworn or even lightly used examples from 2016-18 can be found for way less than the current generation of the seamaster.
The first paragraph is exactly what I thought when I read the OPs opening post. Once you've got a liking for a watch from a marque such as Omega then any cheaper substitute will eventually disappoint in some way and ultimately you will want your original choice.

The previous generation Seamaster is a lovely watch, the blue is a bit darker than the new version, it's a little slimmer/smaller, the HE release is less prominent and overall it's a little less "blingy". I tried 1 on when the last few were being sold off and could and should have bought it at £2300. Goldsmiths were selling them at £2600.

If it is the new version that the OP is really after take a look at Hackett Watches in Hatton Garden, they have a brand new AD supplied blue dial at £3450. Still more expensive than the Oris, CW and other potential purchases but it will fill that desire more than the others.
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

michaelro1 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 pm
Viognier wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:38 pm C60 600 MK3 GMT in NN section as of 30 mins ago.....
Had it in the basket but didn't checkout quick enough :(
Appreciate the heads up 8)
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

panos wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:23 pm I don't mean to be a bad influence here :D but I have to ask:

have you been through the process of trying on the blue Omega in stores? are you trying to find it in display cases when you walk by etc? I am afraid that if you have gone through this process that is the watch you will want in the end and other substitutes, although great, may not fully satisfy you. I am sure many of us here have fallen into this trap before :lol:

Another tip is that some of the older ones had a simple clasp with a diver's extension. If you end up buying one of these then you can easily upgrade to the microadjustment clasp found in the later models - Omega sell them for less than 100gbp (or at least they were when I got my clasp 3 years ago).
With this upgrade this is easily one of the most comfortable and beautiful watches in my opinion.
I went into Goldsmiths and tried it on and I did like it a lot - Managed to negotiate a 10% discount without really trying and was very tempted.
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:11 pm
panos wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:23 pm have you been through the process of trying on the blue Omega in stores? are you trying to find it in display cases when you walk by etc? I am afraid that if you have gone through this process that is the watch you will want in the end and other substitutes, although great, may not fully satisfy you. I am sure many of us here have fallen into this trap before :lol:

The first paragraph is exactly what I thought when I read the OPs opening post. Once you've got a liking for a watch from a marque such as Omega then any cheaper substitute will eventually disappoint in some way and ultimately you will want your original choice.

The previous generation Seamaster is a lovely watch, the blue is a bit darker than the new version, it's a little slimmer/smaller, the HE release is less prominent and overall it's a little less "blingy". I tried 1 on when the last few were being sold off and could and should have bought it at £2300. Goldsmiths were selling them at £2600.

If it is the new version that the OP is really after take a look at Hackett Watches in Hatton Garden, they have a brand new AD supplied blue dial at £3450. Still more expensive than the Oris, CW and other potential purchases but it will fill that desire more than the others.
I do get what you mean and I've always wanted an Omega. However when I had the money to buy I couldn't pull the trigger in Goldsmiths.
Watts had one at £3350 and again was tempted, but I feel I can't justify more money than the missus just spent on her last car let alone the servicing costs every 5 years.
Yes appreciate I probably wouldn't lose much, but I know I'm pretty clumsy so damaging it was also a thought.

A CW, Longines or Oris I think would fill the void, maybe not as much as an Omega, but I'd rather use the spare cash to go on holiday (or several holidays)

Thanks for the comment though
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Having had/still own Oris and CW watches, I wouldn't consider Oris to be objectively better than CW, they are more expensive, but that's partly because of a dealer network that needs supporting.
Try to not let price sway your thinking, the online business model allows CW to be extremely competitive in pricing, if not outright bargains.

I cannot comment on the quality of modern Omega watches, but a large chunk of their value is in brand cachet and a more exclusive dealer network again, than Oris.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I have a Mk I Oris Aquis, a Mk 2.5 CW C60 (new logo), a previous generation (Ref 212 Blue), and a new generation (Ref 210) Seamaster 300. In terms of quality I would say that the Mk 2.5 C60 is on a par with the previous generation (Ref 212) Seamaster. I also don't see much difference in quality between the Oris and the CWs. The new Ref 210 Seamaster is in a league of its own for quality and technology and they even come with a microadjustment.
However if you truly want an Omega Seamaster then only that will do. If it's value for money you're after then the Mk 3 C60 is in a league of its own and it has a lovely blue colour too.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I have owned both and apart from caché/brand awareness/pedigree aspects prefer the CW over the SM.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I wish I could compare them in-person, but I've read from several people on other forums that the C60 Mk III and the new Aquis are equal in quality. On top of that the Trident's bezel action is better while the Aquis' bezel is more tinny like the Mk II. Of course the C60 has the quick change bracelet while on the Aquis you're much more limited due to those unique lugs.

I've always liked the Aquis, though, and thought of getting one on the grey market for ages. The black/blue version is beautiful and classy! Like many others though I can't get over the value CW brings to the table. That's why they get all my money! A Mk III will be had soon. :problem: :lol:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

MarkingTime wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 pm Having had/still own Oris and CW watches, I wouldn't consider Oris to be objectively better than CW, they are more expensive, but that's partly because of a dealer network that needs supporting.
Try to not let price sway your thinking, the online business model allows CW to be extremely competitive in pricing, if not outright bargains.

I cannot comment on the quality of modern Omega watches, but a large chunk of their value is in brand cachet and a more exclusive dealer network again, than Oris.
I don't want to let price sway as I'm looking for something that just looks right, but its hard to justify a massive increase in cost over a trident for not any real jump in quality etc
michaelro1
Senior
Senior

Post by michaelro1 »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:59 pm I have a Mk I Oris Aquis, a Mk 2.5 CW C60 (new logo), a previous generation (Ref 212 Blue), and a new generation (Ref 210) Seamaster 300. In terms of quality I would say that the Mk 2.5 C60 is on a par with the previous generation (Ref 212) Seamaster. I also don't see much difference in quality between the Oris and the CWs. The new Ref 210 Seamaster is in a league of its own for quality and technology and they even come with a microadjustment.
However if you truly want an Omega Seamaster then only that will do. If it's value for money you're after then the Mk 3 C60 is in a league of its own and it has a lovely blue colour too.
Thanks for the comparison - good to hear that the C60 is in a similar league in terms of quality and ahead on value for money 8)