Jan sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
thumperstain
CW-watches: 7

Re: Jan sale

Post by thumperstain »

Soporsche wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:25 pm Phew at least its only me looking out for the 43mm c60 white dial, red bezel GMT 😁🤣😂🤣
Wearing mine from the last sale, so you've got one fewer competitor at least.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

thumperstain wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 pm
Soporsche wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:25 pm Phew at least its only me looking out for the 43mm c60 white dial, red bezel GMT 😁🤣😂🤣
Wearing mine from the last sale, so you've got one fewer competitor at least.
💚 Im a little green on reading this!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Have to admit if a c65 ombre showed up it would be hard not to rejoin the cw fold!
Cheers now, Paul
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Judging by recent 'Clearance' there will be a whole collection of Bronze C60s available if anyone's interested :D
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

A1soknownas wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:18 pm There was a C60 Titanium 600 V1 on there briefly with 60% off at £385!! Had it in the basket but then it was gone.

Hope that the bigger discount items go to those who will keep them rather than selling them on for a profit...A little while ago shortly after a sale I did ask an ebay seller if they had anymore pictures of the actual item rather than just the stock one - or had they just bought it in the sale and didn't even have it yet? They told me to go away :lol:
Mmm, I wonder if that's the one that has just appeared on eBay at £535 plus postage...🤔
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

...probably.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

redmonaco wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:04 pm
A1soknownas wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:18 pm There was a C60 Titanium 600 V1 on there briefly with 60% off at £385!! Had it in the basket but then it was gone.

Hope that the bigger discount items go to those who will keep them rather than selling them on for a profit...A little while ago shortly after a sale I did ask an ebay seller if they had anymore pictures of the actual item rather than just the stock one - or had they just bought it in the sale and didn't even have it yet? They told me to go away :lol:
Mmm, I wonder if that's the one that has just appeared on eBay at £535 plus postage...🤔
I can't remember which logo the sale one had so I'm not sure (this has CHR.WARD) - I was just surprised that one of the first CW's I ever saw and really liked was in the sale so cheap!

They have around 5 different CW's available and mention warranty dates extending into 2024 so they are clearly a sale hunter but this one is just 2021? Do all NN come with the 5 years or does it vary? With a 60% discount there had to be some catch of either less warranty or a little more wear and tear than a 30% NN.

Either way, I just hope that they declare their income to HMRC if they are generating profits at the expense of the general customer getting their hands on a bargain.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

Not necessarily a "sale hunter". It's easy enough to pick up bargains on eBay, but you have to be patient and quick with the offers.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Some items do appear, disappear and then pop up with other sellers quite randomly on ebay. I sold my old C60 300 on there last year as I didn't wear it anymore and it was bought almost immediately and then re-listed by 2 different sellers within a month.

I'm sure we'll see plenty post sale...if there is one that is!
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

I'm sure many will end up on eBay, largely because the sale preview is not a level playing field.

Many people who should get email notification/heads up, do not and I include myself in that. I don't know the reason, but I was under the impression that as a previous customer, an email would be sent ahead of any promotions or sale periods. I believe that is still the case, but there is an issue with some email addresses being "ignored".
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

MarkingTime wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:45 pm I'm sure many will end up on eBay, largely because the sale preview is not a level playing field.

Many people who should get email notification/heads up, do not and I include myself in that. I don't know the reason, but I was under the impression that as a previous customer, an email would be sent ahead of any promotions or sale periods. I believe that is still the case, but there is an issue with some email addresses being "ignored".
Hopefully you will receive the email this time :thumbup:.

If you are receiving others such as the Christmas message on the 25th, you should in theory I presume get a pre-sale alert if sent out. I have received sales notifications in the past and I have only signed up through buying. You could always re-enter your email address on their homepage or use an alternative address as a test just in case. Possible GDPR impacts and spam filters could be to blame if some people have experienced issues in the past, but it may not solve your mystery.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

stefs wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm Have to admit if a c65 ombre showed up it would be hard not to rejoin the cw fold!
Do it, do it, do it.......
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:26 pm
Hopefully you will receive the email this time :thumbup:.
I do hope so, thanks.

I've missed out on a couple of watches that I'd loved to have owned, but there's always the second hand market, so I've sought them out there, only not at quite as good a price.

I have an idea of what might be on offer, but we'll see.
KJ Miller

Post by KJ Miller »

Well the preview started on the 3rd last year so hopefully it’ll begin soon.
Devine
CW-watches: 2

Post by Devine »

Had an email from christopher ward saying they are definitely doing a sale, so that's something. I'm so desperate to get a mk3 trident just hope somewhere there is a discount.... not holding my breath though
C70 B.R.G Quartz Chronograph
C7 Rapide Automatic