richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by richtel »

timor54 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:49 pm
CW QC? what’s this QC thing people talk about :down:
Sorry to seee that Tim. At least it shouldn't be too hard to get a refund, frustrating as it feels. Was that a NN? I can't believe that wasn't spotted before pushing back out the door.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

richtel wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:55 pm
timor54 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:49 pm
CW QC? what’s this QC thing people talk about :down:
Sorry to seee that Tim. At least it shouldn't be too hard to get a refund, frustrating as it feels. Was that a NN? I can't believe that wasn't spotted before pushing back out the door.
Yes, NN. I have to wonder if it was originally returned because of misaligned hands and then went straight out of the door again to me?

Anyway, got a few days over Christmas to decide on a refund or repair. Having said that, I’m more than a little nervous about a CW repair...
Tim
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@timor54 - is it conceivable that the watch got a jolt whilst in transit to you?

There have been various comments on here in the past about GMT watches with hands out of sync. Seems a weak spot with the movement.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

tikkathree wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:36 pm
Soporsche wrote:Glad i missed the Black/Gold, very nice... Cannot buy at moment, must not buy at moment.. Unless they find an old 43mm c60 white dial red bezel down the back of Chris's sofa ImageImage
Time was, you could make a wish to our fairy godmother whose name was Wera and she'd wave her wand and magic would happen.

Happy Days...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes, her presence at CW towers was amazing, atthough only dealt with her by email a few times and in person once, delightful lady!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:34 am @timor54 - is it conceivable that the watch got a jolt whilst in transit to you?

There have been various comments on here in the past about GMT watches with hands out of sync. Seems a weak spot with the movement.

Guy

Nice try Guy :lol:

Not a mark on the packaging, if it can’t survive a courier then it’s probably not fit for a wrist. Just down to poor QC.
Tim
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

timor54 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:52 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:34 am @timor54 - is it conceivable that the watch got a jolt whilst in transit to you?

Guy

Not a mark on the packaging, if it can’t survive a courier then it’s probably not fit for a wrist. Just down to poor QC.
Personally, regardless of the cause of hour hand misalignment, I would return for a refund.
I would not for one moment though, believe that this watch would have been sent out knowingly with such an issue.

I actually think that Guy raised a genuinely valid question in terms of potential damage in transit. I say that because, being someone who earns a living supplying small products, on line, by post/courier, it is astonishing how occasionally it is the case that products arrive damaged, despite the outer packaging appearing completely in tact and unmarked.

Surely impossible? I can assure you that it can happen.
Regards
Craig
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:@timor54 - is it conceivable that the watch got a jolt whilst in transit to you?

Guy

My mum, bless her memory, used to send Easter Eggs to my kids through the post and every year they arrived in the same state. Turned out that the postman put them by the heater in the van; deliberately. He's still a ****!.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Craig64 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Guy

Personally, regardless of the cause of hour hand misalignment, I would return for a refund.
I would not for one moment though, believe that this watch would have been sent out knowingly with such an issue.

I actually think that Guy raised a genuinely valid question in terms of potential damage in transit. I say that because, being someone who earns a living supplying small products, on line, by post/courier, it is astonishing how occasionally it is the case that products arrive damaged, despite the outer packaging appearing completely in tact and unmarked.

LH image is watch as received; the hour hand was approx 10 minutes advanced. RH image is watch 3 days later; the hour hand is now about 25 minutes advanced.

The watch was hand wound mid-way through that interval out of curiosity to see how it’s time keeping was and then left face-up in its packaging. The watch has not been worn.

Over about 24 hours it lost 3 secs (or gained 15 minutes depending on how you measure it :silent:). Clearly this is not “a knock in transit” but rather a basic defect.

It’s going back for a refund, I can’t be bothered with the inevitable hassle and delay in CW trying to repair it.
Tim
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Anyone else noticed the new additions?
I have added a MK3 GMT C60 to my basket, regardless of the potential issues with hand alignment. They are too much of a bargain to overlook considering they still have the 60/60 warranty :-)

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Frighty

Post by Frighty »

[/quote]
Over about 24 hours it lost 3 secs (or gained 15 minutes depending on how you measure it :silent:). Clearly this is not “a knock in transit” but rather a basic defect.
[/quote]

Surely this shouldn’t be possible, right? I mean, it’s a mechanical movement with cogs and gears, all 4 hands are the connected, they can’t move independently..

Honestly I know very little other than watching a few YouTube watch repair vids so genuinely interested in what might be causing the hour hand to move faster than the minute hand..
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Frighty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 pm Surely this shouldn’t be possible, right? I mean, it’s a mechanical movement with cogs and gears, all 4 hands are the connected, they can’t move independently..

Honestly I know very little other than watching a few YouTube watch repair vids so genuinely interested in what might be causing the hour hand to move faster than the minute hand..
If the hand is put on incorrectly it will forever remain as such - correctly rotating around the face .... but "out"
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Frighty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Surely this shouldn’t be possible, right? I mean, it’s a mechanical movement with cogs and gears, all 4 hands are the connected, they can’t move independently..

If the one (or more) hands have slipped (loose) on the arbor then it is possible for the hands to move independently, though in theory the disconnected hand(s) should move more slowly than the arbor.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:03 pm
Frighty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 pm

If the one (or more) hands have slipped (loose) on the arbor then it is possible for the hands to move independently, though in theory the disconnected hand(s) should move more slowly than the arbor.
I’d agree with this. I don’t know that the hour hand has advanced whilst running unattended and agree that I’d logically expect the opposite, to loose time though slippage.

Nevertheless it looks to me like the hour hand is probably loose and setting the time could also account for its erratic behaviour.
Tim
Craig64
Senior
Senior

Post by Craig64 »

timor54 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm
Craig64 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:35 pm

LH image is watch as received; the hour hand was approx 10 minutes advanced. RH image is watch 3 days later; the hour hand is now about 25 minutes advanced.

The watch was hand wound mid-way through that interval out of curiosity to see how it’s time keeping was and then left face-up in its packaging. The watch has not been worn.

It’s going back for a refund, I can’t be bothered with the inevitable hassle and delay in CW trying to repair it.
Thank you for the further update, and I absolutely agree with your assessment. And I too, would send it back for a full refund.
Regards
Craig
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Based on my experience of returning a C60 Elite a couple of months ago, I reckon you'll be mid to late Jan before you see the credit appear on your statement, possibly quicker if you have a returns pack already in hand.

Returns packs and refunds can also take longer to be processed in sale periods.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris