Staring into the C60 Abyss

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Staring into the C60 Abyss

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Thanks Jay. Looks great and puts this firmly in the queue as next watch. First impressions Jay?

Malcolm, I was the same on CW, hadn't bought for a couple of years then the Anthropocene and Abyss come along. Two great looking watches
Jay_M

Post by Jay_M »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:03 am @Jay_M - I think this one is the best:-

Enjoy wearing it.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Yeah that ones my favourite il be keeping it on for a while I think, cheers
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 am Thanks Jay. Looks great and puts this firmly in the queue as next watch. First impressions Jay?
First impressions were it's gorgeous, smaller and heavier than I thought it would be but as this is my first propper watch and also my first dive watch I have nothing to compare it to so didn't really know what to expect. Its actually really easy to read, except for the bezel the numbers/markers on that can be quite hard to see but it's not a big deal and is quick and easy to fix just by moving my wrist a bit and as a bonus I get to spend a lil bit more time admiring my watch which definitely isn't a bad thing. One thing I thinks important to mention though is that most of the time from a distance something like a few feet away the bezel just looks plain black (except for the red triangle thing of course) but I find this frames the face of the watch nicely and draws all your attention to the dial and it's cool red second hand.

The lumes actually a lot brighter than I thought it would be, i still think the blue lume looks better than the green (black) but I like it. Anyways obviously I've been wearing it for a while now and I still love it, no feelings have changed, I'm really happy with it. I really hate the strap it comes with though I find it to stiff and uncomfortable to wear tbh I'm actually a bit annoyed because I've obviously paid for the strap and I'm never gonna wear it but.... It is what it is, I haven't even bothered putting it on the bracelet because I'm really liking them elastic NATO straps from WG. I will also be grabbing a Erika's MN black ops strap at some point, the black with the red stripe and black metal thingys looks so nice 😍 price tag not so nice lol I actually had 1 in my basket in the black Friday sale but didn't get chance to place the order.

so glad I never went for the 38mm c60 600 that would of been tiny on me
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks for the comments Jay. I love the idea that it is black from a distance, but readable with reasonable light otherwise. Shame it doesn’t come with a leather/alternative strap for now (hopefully the hybrid mk2 will be a significant improvement when it arrives). At least I could get the Anthropocene with an alternative strap for now.
ColinK

Post by ColinK »

Received my first CW watch about a week ago. Delighted with the Abyss. Love the stealth features. Gunmetal grey looks great. I was a little concerned re the hybrid strap based on other feedback. I think it’s great. I was used to the rubber a strap on my Panerai PAM 312 so the rubber / hybrid might be an acquired taste.

The size is deceptive. I have a TAG Heuer grand carrera in 42 and it definitely looks bigger on the wrist - even though it isn’t. I think anything smaller than 42 would make it look too small
tomc1944
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by tomc1944 »

Had mine about a month and simply love it. So many compliments on the watch. I was a afraid it would be hard to tell time but it is not.
C60 Trident GMT MKIII, C60 Trident MKII, C65 Vintage Diver, Oris Williams Chronograph, Oris Big Crown Bronze Brown Dial, Tudor 1926 white 41MM.
Dazp

Post by Dazp »

Hi all,
New to Christopher Ward , not really a big watch person but have a couple of Tags, 15 yr old one and a couple of years ago treated myself to a Carrera 5 which I like but don’t wear a great deal.
The c60 Abyss first caught my eye when I spotted it in a car magazine, the stealth look just really appealed.
So placed the order last week and it arrived today.
I had a little wait as I ordered the black strap over the red though I think I would be happy with either, might order the red one separately .
Very happy with it :)

Will try and post a picture
Dazp

Post by Dazp »

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

That looks great Dazp, i really like it alot
Gavstrad

Post by Gavstrad »

Dazp wrote:Image
I feel like a Christmas present is due! Love this watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Christmas Ward collection - C11 Titanium Elite 500, C5 Malvern 595, C5 Malvern Auto MKIII, C6 Kingfisher & expanding...
Dazp

Post by Dazp »

It was my Christmas present to myself,
only problem is that I have to get my wife something equally nice :)
fullo730

Post by fullo730 »

Lume comparison~~is my GMT too bright? 😁

B23A18B8-E1FA-446E-B7EB-0893DBFE6E20.jpeg
52CB3B3A-5E45-4B0C-8C19-C05A35A601A9.jpeg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

The GMT is impressive. The Abyss looks more blue than green?
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Comparatively speaking, how long does the lume last on each?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
fullo730

Post by fullo730 »

I put the Abyss under the sun for around 10 mins, the lume was more green than blue at first, then changed to blue maybe after 5 mins. The lume isn’t that impressive on the Abyss, because of the contrast between the dark lume and dial.
Attachments
F92978CC-2FC2-441E-A72A-23D650C817B9.jpeg
B3644EDA-974D-4582-864F-20B21EA46EEA.jpeg