Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Mikkei4 »

borderman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:28 am
gaf1958 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:19 am
Soporsche wrote:C60 600 GMT in blue only dive on there now, didn't spot this one Fri so may have just been added! If funds allowed Id snap it up!
There just may be one less now than there were a few minutes ago... :)
I've just ordered one too see how many they have :thumbup:
Dave
I ordered one of these NN Blue 42mm GMTs at the same time as borderman and gaf1958. The order confirmation, notifications of the order progress and delivery was superb. It was originally due for delivery yesterday but I had changed it to today and everything went perfectly. Well done CW and DPD.

I decided to give it a try, as it was reduced by 30%, to see if the overall design and of course the price would help me get past the 9 o'clock logo. This is actually smaller than I imagined from web and forum photos but was still like a needle in my eye. Logo apart there's also something about the shade of the blue that I can't gel with, the strap looked a bit wide and overall it just didn't look or feel "right" for me.

I would say though that this 42mm wears smaller than the 42/43mm Scooter that I used to own and it didn't feel thick or big on my wrist.

So unfortunately I won't be keeping the watch and will be requesting a returns envelope. If you're after 1 of this model then keep looking at the CW Clearance next week. Shame as it's a reasonably priced blue dialled watch that I have to strike off my list of options.
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:35 pm
Gripper wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:58 pm Be tempted if it was the raw one. Anybody care to advise on best size for a Bronze C60 to fit a 7 1/4" wrist, 38mm or 43mm :?:
I have a 7.5" wrist and my go to size is 42/43mm. That said my best watch has a 39mm case with 41mm bezel and I have a couple of others in the 36mm - 38mm range.

Ultimately all down to personal preference but the consensus of opinion is likely to be that 43mm will suit you better.

That said, and I'm not suggesting you buy something that is unlikely to be right for you, but there are Distance Selling Regulations and CW's 60/60 that allow you to buy, try and if not suitable return for a full refund (T&Cs apply).

Guy
Thanks for the advice Guy :thumbup: , was leaning towards the 43mm.
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Some more goodies today...
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Ooooh! Love the thought of a 38mm Trident MK3, but in which colour?

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Where did that appear from? I’ve been keeping half an eye on the site today and there was no clearance items up to mid afternoon. Hopefully I haven’t missed an Abyss.....
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Grand Tourers in the Clearance but no price or % reduction showing ?????????????
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Wow, those went fast!
Just a couple of divers, no dress watches and a few motor sport models left! Missed the Trident MK3s but keeping fingers crossed there will be another off-loading soon.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Hmm. The bronze blue dial GMT is a temptation but when, in reality, would I wear it?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

tikkathree wrote:Hmm. The bronze blue dial GMT is a temptation but when, in reality, would I wear it?
Saw that earlier, but its not there now.

What your been up to Pete?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
tikkathree wrote:Hmm. The bronze blue dial GMT is a temptation but when, in reality, would I wear it?

Guy

Nope, not me guv!

I was almost tempted and dropped one into my shopping trolley but I left the store before reaching the tills.

I think I'm waiting to see what reductions go on the shelf next week.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

tikkathree wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:40 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:

Guy

Nope, not me guv!

I was almost tempted and dropped one into my shopping trolley but I left the store before reaching the tills.

I think I'm waiting to see what reductions go on the shelf next week.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Next week? Do you know something we don’t?

C
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

A different slant to Clearance Returns...

The barcode the RMSD label on some of the returns packages from CW is not being recognised by the scanners at Post Offices. This is a PO fault on the label not CW's I hasten to add.

So after queuing up 3 times at POs I'm returning a watch myself to the showroom today...now that's Special Delivery.
(This is not something CW can normally accept but due to the fact that any other returns envelope I was to get still might not work they are letting me take it to the Showroom.)

Just be aware if you need to take a return into a PO.
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:26 pm A different slant to Clearance Returns...

The barcode the RMSD label on some of the returns packages from CW is not being recognised by the scanners at Post Offices. This is a PO fault on the label not CW's I hasten to add.

So after queuing up 3 times at POs I'm returning a watch myself to the showroom today...now that's Special Delivery.
(This is not something CW can normally accept but due to the fact that any other returns envelope I was to get still might not work they are letting me take it to the Showroom.)

I had the same problem on Friday. Previous return labels have had a licence number above the special delivery barcode which the PO say they need to process it, the one I tried on Friday didn't have it. Ended up paying £11 and have emailed CW
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Gripper wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:45 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:26 pm A different slant to Clearance Returns...

I had the same problem on Friday. Previous return labels have had a licence number above the special delivery barcode which the PO say they need to process it, the one I tried on Friday didn't have it. Ended up paying £11 and have emailed CW
My first returns package was the same as yours but the 2nd that CW sent me did have the licence number on the label but the barcode was still not recognised by the PO scanners. Anyhow living within 20mins of the showroom I drove it back just after lunch, had a quick look at the watches while they sorted out a receipt for me as they didn't have any bookings in the showroom then drive on to Henley-on-Thames and finished my Christmas present shopping. :thumbup:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

New additions including a NN C60 Apex @ £2516.
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... -edition-6
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris