Orient Small Seconds

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Mizunomorelia
Senior
Senior

Orient Small Seconds

Post by Mizunomorelia »

Beautiful watch, for the money as well quite impressed.
IMG_20191205_145233.jpg
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Orient Small Seconds

Post by StrappedUp »

I like it! Would be nice if they also offered a non-date model.

I have a plain mk3 and the small seconds certainly adds some bonus visual interest to the large'ish dial.
Ryan
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I had one and really liked it other than the date window and I wished it was 39mm. But, for the money, it's a really lovely piece!
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Great purchase, enjoy!

The Orient Small Seconds was my first automatic watch that led me on a journey to many more watches since.

The value it offers is unbeatable, particularly the champagne dial version that in person makes it look so much more expensive. It looks so vintage and closely like a Seamaster from the late 40's and subsequently the Omega 1948 reissue in 2018.

Despite spending more on other watches, the Orient SS often runs at around +2 seconds per day and sometimes even perfect for days. I wasn't too keen on the strap though, and bought a brown leather one with simple cream stitch at each end from Watch Gecko, so the fact that it is 21mm isn't too much of an issue.