Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Show room visit

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Nick2611 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:48 pm Quick update, showroom visit a run away success. Came away with the C60 Trident GMT in blue with bracelet, hybrid and cordovan straps. Declan did me a good deal on the day, partly because he showed up late! 😏 but I was grateful for it nonetheless... very happy, although the cordovan strap doesn’t seem to fit very well, I will deal with that once it’s had chance to soften up...
Good to hear that you were well looked after.

As to the Cordovan strap with Bader, I'm not sure if this is the issue you are having, but I find that if fitted in the conventional way, with the Bader folding towards me, the Bader then sits in a position on the underside of my wrist that pulls the watch around from the top of my wrist, away from me.

If however, I reverse the strap/Bader, so that the Bader folds away from me; the watch then sits in the natural/normal top, centre position on my wrist. :thumbup:

Hope that helps and makes sense.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Nick2611

Post by Nick2611 »

More to do with the pins not engaging with the case properly. It seems that the way the strap is made with the pins effectively captive, if there is any tolerance in the amount of leather then it doesn’t give the pin enough clearance to engage properly. I will take a closer look when I get chance but it seems there is a hair too much leather on the width of one end of one half of the strap... not sure that makes sense but I know what I mean 🤣
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

OK; Makes sense, Nick.

Does it seem that the pin is not located centrally in the strap i.e. there is more 'pin' exposed on one side than the other?

If so, it may well not be the strap itself but the elongated hole, for the QR catch, not being cut in the correct position, with the result that it is not letting the spring bar sit centrally.

My solution to that, which may sound a touch extreme but is actually simple, is to remove the QR catch from the spring bar by giving a good tug whilst held by a pair of pliers; push the spring bar out of the strap with a pointed tool and then fit normally spring bars.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Nick2611

Post by Nick2611 »

Hi Guy, yes, that would seem to be the problem, just sits out of alignment, probably less than a millimetre but enough to make a difference.... I will see if I can “influence” the leather to give up a little room before removing the QR ones as I quite like the QR option....
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory