CS & 60/60 Test case.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: CS & 60/60 Test case.

Post by PaulJS »

So any plans to follow up on the shortcomings / lack of clarity over the warranty?
I think if it were me I would be torn between :
1.Thinking life is too short to waste any more of it on trying to get some sense out of anyone at CW CS when operating from a distance. Their track record on recognising their own failures does not inspire confidence.

And

2.Feeling quite disappointeded and short changed and wanting to get things straightened out on all fronts.

Also note the radio silence on here from the usual counsel for the defence.

Cheers
Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I guess I’ll run with option 1.

My son’s integrated washing machine flooded his kitchen on Thursday so I’ve pretty much spent the last three days dealing with that! It wasn’t straight forward by any means.

As to the watch, whilst the winding is still stiffer than it was when new and stiffer than my other 11 pieces, I’m just going to see how it goes over the next 12 months! If it deteriorates, it’ll go back.
Steve.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

Integrated? Noooooooo.

Lose the cabinet and put in a freestanding, I say. Far less hassle in such circumstances. Probably not much help now though.

On the watch front, stiff winding could be a pinched/misaligned wheel or bridge during re-assembly.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Yep, integrated! I didn’t think it’d be such a big deal! Nearly impossible to feed the waste pipe through to the sink and then I discover it’s a few inches too short! Hinges placed slightly higher & spaced further apart with one being so close to the original hole that the new hole overlaps by 50%. Machine won’t go back quite as far and so the cupboard door protrudes by 5 mms. The new machine is such a tight fit in the gap that it was almost impossible to manoeuvre it in. The feet snagged on something on the floor and it stuck fast! I just wanted to take a sledge hammer to it if I’m honest. Anyway, it’s done now.
Steve.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

I dropped a C60 Elite 1000 back into the HQ in Maidenhead on the 9th of September. Winding was stiff and rotor was spinning when winding. The watch was about 4 months old at that stage. Seems to be a common issue.

Everything of course covered by warranty.

I have been emailing regularly and getting replies with updates, but we are 11 weeks in at this stage... hoping to have it before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

Lol. Well 20 minutes after I posted the previous message the watch arrived.

Winding is super smooth now, no grinding at all and the rotor stays nice and still. It was gone a little longer than expected but overall still quite happy. Also got a free travel watchcase :-)

They did attach this though. At first I though the title on this page was CW telling me there was nothing wrong with the watch. But there was also a repair bill for 165 GBP (covered by warranty) so maybe it’s just the QC team saying they checked it before sending it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk