Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

It's such a grey and dismal overcast morning, I thought I would replicate it with a b/w photo of my C65 Sandhurst Series 1.

..... but then we should really have a photo in colour.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by UNIONmagazine »

Couldn't help myself. I bought another C65 Trident Automatic.
Attachments
JC-8719.jpg
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

UNIONmagazine wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:36 pm Couldn't help myself. I bought another C65 Trident Automatic.
Good move - difficult to beat. I hope the experience of this one makes up for all the grief of the last :)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Terrific watch...great photo!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Guy
Good looking watch Guy, enjoy :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior

Post by UNIONmagazine »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 pm
UNIONmagazine wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:36 pm Couldn't help myself. I bought another C65 Trident Automatic.
Good move - difficult to beat. I hope the experience of this one makes up for all the grief of the last :)
For me, personaly, there isn't much out there that competes on looks, let alone value. Having said that I won;t be wearing this one in the ocean. :D
UNIONmagazine
Junior
Junior

Post by UNIONmagazine »

Kip wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm Terrific watch...great photo!
Big thanks Kip.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Really enjoyed my C7 COSC LE and my new C60 Trident Pro MK3 on our holiday for the last 10 days.
Two outstanding watches.
Back now and my collection was giving me that neglected look....!

So the C9 AM GT LE won for this evening.

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

UNIONmagazine wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 pm
For me, personaly, there isn't much out there that competes on looks, let alone value. Having said that I won;t be wearing this one in the ocean. :D
Agreed, a really nice looking watch. I keep toying with acquiring a blue one on a bracelet, but so far have reined myself in....though a blue one would fit the stable nicely 8)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

NN purchase has arrived down under quick smart... Top marks CW for fixing whatever was ailing the shipping process a month or more ago.

42mm C60 GMT in blue. I own a 40mm MkIII (non-GMT) in black and I’d have to say the 40mm size suits me better, but the 42 is no monster on the wrist - definitely wears smaller than the 43mm MkII; a good thing from my perspective... . There’s not a enough difference between the two sizes to have any reason to return this and pay quite a bit more for one 2mm smaller.

I like the blue as well, it’s a nice colour; this strap is probably more suited to the earlier blue ceramic used in the first MkIIs, but it’s not a bad overall look for the moment, at least until a better alternative shows up...

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@gaf1958 - you're on a roll Gary, another lovely acquisition and great to hear that CW's dispatch is getting, has got, back up to speed.

Know what you mean about the strap; just a little bright to tone well with the darker blue CW are using right now.

I know you have a couple of favourite strap makers but one of mine, MansArea in Spain, have a great multi-shade blue plus orange Ostrich leg Oceanic strap that I bought for my Elite 1000 but now use on my Apex.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Otherside
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Otherside »

Nice one Guy! This strap is a superb match!
John

Got:
CW: C900 Monopusher, C60 Elite 1000, C60 SH21, C70 F1, C1000 Typhoon, C9 5 Day
Omega: Seamaster, Speedy Racing
Rolex: GMT
Tudor: Black Bay Harrods, Chrono Dark
Seiko: Alpinist, Titanium
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:16 am NN purchase has arrived down under quick smart... Top marks CW for fixing whatever was ailing the shipping process a month or more ago.

42mm C60 GMT in blue. I own a 40mm MkIII (non-GMT) in black and I’d have to say the 40mm size suits me better, but the 42 is no monster on the wrist - definitely wears smaller than the 43mm MkII; a good thing from my perspective... . There’s not a enough difference between the two sizes to have any reason to return this and pay quite a bit more for one 2mm smaller.
Congrats Gary, lovely watch, great colour and looks to fit very well indeed.
Guys strap suggestion from MansArea (I know people that use them for their Pams) looks interesting too with the blue and contrast stitching!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

CWL of the day

Post by gaf1958 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:@gaf1958 - you're on a roll Gary, another lovely acquisition and great to hear that CW's dispatch is getting, has got, back up to speed.

Know what you mean about the strap; just a little bright to tone well with the darker blue CW are using right now.

I know you have a couple of favourite strap makers but one of mine, MansArea in Spain, have a great multi-shade blue plus orange Ostrich leg.
Yes Guy, really pleased to see that the dispatch process is running as it should be once more.

I have looked at that particular strap many times (I absolutely love it), not just for this watch, but for others I own (my Gemini Speedy for one). The trouble is, once you’d bought one, I mentally crossed it off my list - not wanting to be a bit too ”copycat”. While it’s a superb looking strap, as it’s so, I don’t know the best word... outrageous, maybe... it feels like there’s only room for one of those straps on the forum... ImageImage But I do keep looking at it... [edit] Besides, I think it goes better with your Apex, than with the standard GMT.

P.S. Mansarea has been on my list of strap makers, along with Martu, for quite a few years now, before they became so popular on the forum. I’d kept both of them on the down low for a while, but word leaked out anyway.Image Admittedly, I have many more Martu straps than Mansarea, but that’s mostly due to price...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Great addition Gary !