New C1 Moonglow

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
iceman_85

New C1 Moonglow

Post by iceman_85 »

Hey guys,

I've been considering buying the C1 Moonglow since it was announced a few months back. interested to here what you guys thinks of this model? Not that it would necessarily influence my decision, just like to get feedback :thumbup:

Only hands-on video i found was on the Oracle Time YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19_XfK5dVsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19_XfK5dVsM

The lume looks cool but think the moon maybe be a bit overpowering!
Nick2611

Re: New C1 Moonglow

Post by Nick2611 »

I saw the Moon Glow in the flesh at the Bristol get together, it is lovely, and if it was a little cheaper think I would seriously consider it. Really beautiful watch in my opinion, and the lume is gorgeous... I am heading down to show room next weekend with view to buying the C60 trident 600 GMT in blue... the lower price point makes it viable for me.
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

My problem with the moonglow is there is only 1 moon (here on Earth anyway) yet the choice of smoked semi-transparent dial shows two. I think they could have come up with something more effective.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

jtc wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:18 pm My problem with the moonglow is there is only 1 moon (here on Earth anyway) yet the choice of smoked semi-transparent dial shows two. I think they could have come up with something more effective.
Agreed. The concept is terrific, but the two moons kill it for me.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TonyN

Post by TonyN »

I’ve had my Moonglow for a couple of weeks , what I have noticed is that the smoke dial in bright light & at certain angles looks more like a mirror & therefore takes away the effect of the “second “ moon , which is disappointing- to this wearer!
Also haven’t been able to see the luminous Moonglow effect as yet - perhaps I’m not wearing it in the right conditions
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

TonyN wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:30 pm I’ve had my Moonglow for a couple of weeks , what I have noticed is that the smoke dial in bright light & at certain angles looks more like a mirror & therefore takes away the effect of the “second “ moon , which is disappointing- to this wearer!
Also haven’t been able to see the luminous Moonglow effect as yet - perhaps I’m not wearing it in the right conditions
Have you looked at it in the dark!!!??? :shock:
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

TonyN wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:30 pmAlso haven’t been able to see the luminous Moonglow effect as yet - perhaps I’m not wearing it in the right conditions
Well, the Moonglow manual recommends to be flatly floating in orbit during a lunar eclipse to capture full power of the lume. Might want to give it a shot sometime.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.