For sale section is really limited

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: For sale section is really limited

Post by monkeymax »

And I’d posted what I thought was a helpful answer too, naively not thinking about someone wanting to sell a watch! Oh well, live and learn!
Ronarid

Post by Ronarid »

Wow chaps, thanks for all the lovely comments. I did actually particpate in the forum back in 2010 when I bought the watch, finding out as much asI could about the brand and the operaions behind it as it was a big purchase for me. Since then I didn't participate at all, because watches in general are not a passion of mine, I struggled to think of 5 watch related posts let alone 50, I freely admit it. But when I came to sell the watch my first thought was that it should go to an enthusiast rather than just a random, but instead it seems you all found it offensive. Fair enough.

BTW having checked Scooter did tell me the 50 posts rule, but I missed it, have never seen a forum with every post moderated before and am using my phone which is quite hard to navigate. Anyway, needless to say I wont be posting anymore on here, keep an eye on ebay from this Sunday if any of you are interested in the the watch, I am neither a scammer or a wide boy but you can decide that for yourselves!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Not every post is moderated, only the first 5 and those that contravene the rules.

If you had used your original forum name or questioned the Admin Team we could have found it and you would have been closer to the requirement.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Ronarid wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 pm Anyway, needless to say I wont be posting anymore on here, keep an eye on ebay from this Sunday if any of you are interested in the the watch, I am neither a scammer or a wide boy but you can decide that for yourselves!
Will it be the only watch posted for sale on Sunday ?
I might miss it !

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Post by Rob s »

You know its not 50 topics just 50 posts. You dont have to come up with 50 new topics the posts can be on any thread. I think if you participate on the forum for even 2 weeks you could get what you need.
If you could just post straight away i'm sure there would be more sales where there were issues, instead as you have to invest some time and therefore the chance of any dodgy dealings reduce.
As said over at other forums you need 50 posts /2 months just to view the sales section and 6 months 250 posts to sell so i think the set up here is quite reasonable and helps protect the members.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Buying from the forum requires a good deal of trust, hence the rules. On ebay there are guarantees - necessary to deal with the scammers.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Rob s wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am You know its not 50 topics just 50 posts. You dont have to come up with 50 new topics the posts can be on any thread. I think if you participate on the forum for even 2 weeks you could get what you need.
You make some very good points here. There are, however, those who do not really wish to participate in the forum beyond buying and, more likely, selling.

A few years ago someone went as far as to say approx.: "I don't want to interact with you, I just want to sell a watch." Antisocial media?? People who do that tend to get short shrift on most forums.

However, one must beware of making lots of relatively meaningless posts like "+1 :thumbup: " or "Nice watch" simply in order to reach 50, in other words speed posting.

50 sensible and meaningful posts that actually contribute to the forum, then the door opens. That's the deal.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:49 pm However, one must beware of making lots of relatively meaningless posts like "+1"
+1
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

thumperstain wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 pmThank you for teaching me a new insult. Seriously. Never heard that one before. Now to find someone to use it on!
What..."wide boy"...was used a lot when I was younger, perhaps has left the popular vernacular.
thumperstain
CW-watches: 7

Post by thumperstain »

DavecUK wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:12 pm
thumperstain wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 pmThank you for teaching me a new insult. Seriously. Never heard that one before. Now to find someone to use it on!
What..."wide boy"...was used a lot when I was younger, perhaps has left the popular vernacular.
I should mention, I'm in Texas. Only a thin veneer of sayings from around the world manages to penetrate.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

50 sensible and meaningful posts that actually contribute to the forum, then the door opens. That's the deal.
[/quote]

I am not sure i have made 50 meaningful posts in my life (i am not counting this one either)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^Count your blessings...you’re still here!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

tikkathree wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:06 pm I thought this post was going to be about the limited number of watches for sale at any given time....
As did I, although will certainly have a good read through the thread
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:11 am Buying from the forum requires a good deal of trust, hence the rules. On ebay there are guarantees - necessary to deal with the scammers.
Agree, I used to play play airport (similar to paintball) and the amount of horror stories you would read about people spending their hard earned on a to good to be true deal and then wondering why an empty box arrived, if anything at all.