C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Post by Soporsche »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:41 pm Make that 1 fewer on the unofficial unit counter........
1 in 1 out 😁👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

🥳
DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by DaytonaRik »

I have to admit to really liking this but in the end the draw of the NN GMT I opted for was too great. I suspect that in the future I'll be scanning the For Sale ads hoping against hope that one pops up at just the right time.
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pmYou can use the current promo codes which will give you 10-12% off. It would be silly to wait for the BF 15% code if you really want this. They'll be sold out by the end of this week.

This seems to be a very popular LE. Perhaps CW should just make it part of the unlimited C65 model range.
I guess you're right, just ordered the hybrid version.
So 27 now left? :D

On the order confirmation it's a C60 btw:

Head
1 x C60 Anthropocene - Head €1,175.00
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Savagemouse »

Took delivery of this today! Got the hybrid strap as well but given the quick release bracelet had to give it a go
20191119_184624.jpg
Matt
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

Received mine yesterday. First impression is good. The orange color is a bit too yellow in my opinion, but I can live with it. Looked different on the photos though.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Congrats Savagemouse - can you post pictures of it on the Hybrid when you change them over again? How do you find the Hybrid strap in terms of comfort?
@Peacecamper - what strap do you have? I have mine on leather and it's great, but i wonder if the Hybrid strap really brings out the colours more (as per the pictures on the website?)
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

I have the hybrid. The orange looks definitely more yellow than on the photos by CW.
Attachments
IMG_20191122_113126.jpg
IMG_20191122_113613.jpg
IMG_20191122_113638.jpg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks Peacecamper. The hybrid definitely brings out the colours of the watch head. How do you find the comfort of the strap?
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

Hi Kansas City Milkman,
Apologies for butting in, and for being a little off topic but about the hybrid question, I have a C60 Trident Elite 1000, which came on a Hybrid strap.
I find the hybrid strap a tad annoying, if I have it tightened firmly to my wrist it is so stiff it starts to be a little painful and annoying, if I leave it loose ... well it’s loose and spins on my wrist which is possibly even more annoying.
The trick seems to be to find a point where it’s not at a usual firmness but not so loose that it spins about on your wrist, sometimes I can find a sweet spot where it feels loose on my wrist but because it’s stiffer than most straps it will stay in place.
So why don’t I use a different strap, I have tried several ... a few NATO,s leather etc the best alternative I have found is a Barton Elite it’s a nice comfortable silicon strap.
I do keep coming back to the CW Elite strap, it’s colours (orange & blue), compliment the watch so much better....
But it’s still less comfortable to wear... which is why I find it so annoying.
Final small point worth thinking about, when I look at the underside of the hybrid strap, there are some small splits starting from the holes that the buckles pin goes through, which makes me wonder about it’s long term wear prospects.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks nw

That's helpful and confirms my concerns. I have a diver rubber strap and it is similarly 'annoying'. I did read elsewhere that there will be new hybrid on the way spring 2020
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior

Post by nwnjw01 »

KCM,
interesting that there’s a new hybrid on its way, sort of suggests I am not the only one to find the current one less than perfect.
Other than the annoyances I mentioned above the hybrid I have is great to look at and does set my particular watch off really well, but I guess the acid test is would I buy another one, (hybrid strap that is), and the answer is definitely NO I would not choose to buy one.
About the Barton straps, they come all the way from the USA takes about a week ish, and are very reasonably priced, so reasonably, (at least for the elite silicon), that there has been no import or vat tax when I have ordered from them.
And in line with the acid test I mentioned above for the hybrid strap, I did go back and buy a second one.
So far the only drawbacks to the Barton is I wish it were a little thicker, and they don’t have the exact colour combo I want.
Cheers
Nick
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks for the info on Barton. I'll take a look.

The feedback on Hybrids came from one of the recent GTG. Apparently the change in Hybrid has been driven by customer feedback to the company
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:49 pm Thanks for the info on Barton. I'll take a look.

The feedback on Hybrids came from one of the recent GTG. Apparently the change in Hybrid has been driven by customer feedback to the company
Correct.

It was mentioned by Mike France at both the London GTG in August and the recent Bristol GTG that a redesigned, slimmer & more supple MkII hybrid strap will released spring 2020.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks Guy, looking forward to that being available. Hopefully, they will do the MKII in the same colours to match the range