FLE #8 Design Vote

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please vote for any, and only, those that you would buy.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 am

OPTION 1: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 2: Green gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 3: Grey gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
2%
OPTION 4: Red gradient dial & red bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 5: Green gradient dial & green bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 6: Grey gradient dial & grey bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 7: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 8: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but white seconds hand
3%
OPTION 9: Red gradient dial, red bezel insert
5%
OPTION 10: Green gradient dial, green bezel insert
4%
OPTION 11: Grey gradient dial, grey bezel insert
2%
OPTION 12: Green dial, green bezel
2%
OPTION 13: Blue bezel, blue gradient dial
4%
OPTION 14: Charcoal bezel, charcoal dial, black seconds hand
2%
OPTION 15: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 16: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 17: Black Ombre dial, black bezel
3%
OPTION 18: Black Ombre dial, steel bezel
2%
OPTION 19: Blue Ombre dial, blue bezel
4%
OPTION 20: Blue bezel insert
5%
OPTION 21: Black bezel insert
3%
OPTION 22: Blue bezel insert
7%
OPTION 23: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 24: Blue bezel insert
3%
OPTION 25: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 26: Blue bezel insert
4%
OPTION 27: Black bezel insert
1%
OPTION 28: Blue Solid Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. With Red Accents.
5%
OPTION 29: Blue Ombre Dial, Black Bezel Insert. Some Red Accents.
4%
OPTION 30: Blue Ombre Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. Red Dial Text, STEEL Case
5%

Total votes: 301

iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: FLE #8 Design Vote

Post by iain »

If this concept is being resurrected, should we also include the original FLE GMT option? I know when it changed from a 2 tone ceramic to aluminium a lot of people were put off, myself included. However the possibility of having a single colour ceramic bezel with white face and black hands is quite attractive, to me at least. It would be like a C60 anthropocene
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

iain wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm If this concept is being resurrected, should we also include the original FLE GMT option? I know when it changed from a 2 tone ceramic to aluminium a lot of people were put off, myself included. However the possibility of having a single colour ceramic bezel with white face and black hands is quite attractive, to me at least. It would be like a C60 anthropocene
I’d agree with this, particular if there’s some flexibility in ceramic bezel colour. A dark grey or slate would be interesting...
Tim
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Those Dartmouth specials looked a lot like the Oris Sixty-Five Limited Editions...
Redbar
"HONEY" - Rake and Revolution
Timeless

An opportunity missed, I reckon.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

MarkingTime wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm Those Dartmouth specials looked a lot like the Oris Sixty-Five Limited Editions...
Redbar
Timeless

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned that. Not sure what kind of reaction you are hoping for?

Everyone had the opportunity to provide input/ideas at the design stages :?
Ryan
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

The trouble is we’re starting to open up new desires and design options - back to where we were several weeks ago. Some of these suggestions are great but i’d Suggest it’s the top 4 or so designs or nothing! :D
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

welshlad wrote:Having lots of options didn't reduce focus. All everyone had to do was go through each design, one by one, and for each one decide if they would buy it or not. A simple yes/no decision for each one. That would be the same for another vote with, say, just a handful of options.
I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.

Having another round of voting for the leading 4 or 6 contenders with images would put this to bed. Let’s see if any of the leading contenders can actually get across the line in a simplified vote, where they can be easily identified by images next to the voting options.

Just my 2c worth...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm The trouble is we’re starting to open up new desires and design options - back to where we were several weeks ago. Some of these suggestions are great but i’d Suggest it’s the top 4 or so designs or nothing! :D
100% agree. The aim is to see if any of the proposals garner enough votes to make them a reality. If not, then it's done. If somebody wants a different design then they need to convince 24 others to join them.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

gaf1958 wrote:I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.
I'm a bit confused, Gary. This thread is the voting thread (although the poll is now closed) and all the pictures are in Kip's opening post.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm
MarkingTime wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm Those Dartmouth specials looked a lot like the Oris Sixty-Five Limited Editions...
Redbar
Timeless

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned that. Not sure what kind of reaction you are hoping for?

Dementia slipping in perhaps.
Reaction? None really, just musings. You?
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

FloridaPhil wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm The trouble is we’re starting to open up new desires and design options - back to where we were several weeks ago. Some of these suggestions are great but i’d Suggest it’s the top 4 or so designs or nothing! :D
100% agree. The aim is to see if any of the proposals garner enough votes to make them a reality. If not, then it's done. If somebody wants a different design then they need to convince 24 others to join them.
100% agree as well. This is can not be the beginning of another drawn out design phase. 1 simple quick vote on the top 4 or 5 contenders, and IMO, either it flys or it doesn't.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

welshlad wrote:
gaf1958 wrote:I beg to differ Steve. The voting thread had descriptions of, what, 20 odd watches, many with some very subtle differences. However, there were no images of any of the watches in the voting thread. In order to be sure of which ones I was voting for, I had to switch back and forth between the thread with the final images and the thread where we could vote. Now on an iPad (the only device I had available to me at the time) this is not an easy thing to accomplish. It may be easier on a PC or Mac but it was still not a straightforward case of “yep, I like that one, I’ll vote for it”. I almost gave up; I’m sure many people probably did.
I'm a bit confused, Gary. This thread is the voting thread (although the poll is now closed) and all the pictures are in Kip's opening post.
Ahh, the penny dropped and memory has kicked in. Using TapaTalk I cannot see any voting options unless I open “web view”. TapaTalk wouldn’t load the images in web view (at least not until after I’d voted), so I had to switch between the two methods to work out which ones I wantedto vote for. In hindsight, writing them down on a bit of paper would have been better ... and having said that, I don’t know why I didn’t just do that. Image

Nonetheless I do stand by two requests (the second one if technically possible) - one: that we vote again for the top 4-6 models and two: is it possible to have images of the models in the actual voting selection, not below it. I promise that I’ll use a PC to vote this time to help combat my incipient Alzheimer’s... Image
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

MarkingTime wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:59 am
StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm
Redbar
Timeless

Dementia slipping in perhaps.
Reaction? None really, just musings. You?
Fair enough. Just thought it strange to mention this multiple times when the chance was there for all to have their say in the prior design phase.

After all, I was more than willing to listen/mock-up other members ideas with the Dartmouth, as seen with Joseph's cream dial suggestion.

Surely it can only be a missed opportunity if better ideas were put forward and not acted upon?
Ryan
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by politel »

There were 2 competing models, C65 and C60.
That makes it hard to focus.

I would be happy about a second vote, but should not the model be clarified first?

Unfortunately, the willingness to compromise is often missing and it is criticized in many small details.
Often there is the impression that everyone wants their own FLE.
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE