FLE #8 Design Vote

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Please vote for any, and only, those that you would buy.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 am

OPTION 1: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 2: Green gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 3: Grey gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
2%
OPTION 4: Red gradient dial & red bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 5: Green gradient dial & green bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
4%
OPTION 6: Grey gradient dial & grey bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 7: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands
3%
OPTION 8: Red gradient dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but white seconds hand
3%
OPTION 9: Red gradient dial, red bezel insert
5%
OPTION 10: Green gradient dial, green bezel insert
4%
OPTION 11: Grey gradient dial, grey bezel insert
2%
OPTION 12: Green dial, green bezel
2%
OPTION 13: Blue bezel, blue gradient dial
4%
OPTION 14: Charcoal bezel, charcoal dial, black seconds hand
2%
OPTION 15: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 16: Cream dial, black bezel insert, bronze bezel, bronze crown, bronze markers, bronze hands - but black & red seconds hand
2%
OPTION 17: Black Ombre dial, black bezel
3%
OPTION 18: Black Ombre dial, steel bezel
2%
OPTION 19: Blue Ombre dial, blue bezel
4%
OPTION 20: Blue bezel insert
5%
OPTION 21: Black bezel insert
3%
OPTION 22: Blue bezel insert
7%
OPTION 23: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 24: Blue bezel insert
3%
OPTION 25: Black bezel insert
2%
OPTION 26: Blue bezel insert
4%
OPTION 27: Black bezel insert
1%
OPTION 28: Blue Solid Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. With Red Accents.
5%
OPTION 29: Blue Ombre Dial, Black Bezel Insert. Some Red Accents.
4%
OPTION 30: Blue Ombre Dial, Blue Bezel Insert. Red Dial Text, STEEL Case
5%

Total votes: 301

politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Re: FLE #8 Design Vote

Post by politel »

It was about the vote, which draft should be further developed.
The topic of the double-cross and 9'clock logo has been discussed more than enough elsewhere. :yawn:
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Ah so you misunderstood my post then as it has nothing to do with the 9:00 logo or the double cross at 12 that's been beaten to death for years. It's about the repeated double cross dial specifically relevant to this proposed watch.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:26 pm I haven't voted as I wouldn't buy any of the options so I didn't want to ambush the result but have been reading the discussion with interest as an "outsider".

All the C60s are "out" for me as I consider the name logo to be in the wrong place. CW won't move the location on the C60 but have done elsewhere. The reds, green, greys, white on the Dartmouth based FLE don't appeal to me. So no votes from me as I can't spend close to £1000 for something I don't like (I got burned with the previous FLE so know better now).

It'll be a shame if a 2020 FLE doesn't happen as many people have put a lot of time and work in trying to get 1 done, but I do wonder how many others have not voted for similar reasons to mine. Maybe the poll should have had a "I have been interested in a FLE but none of these" option to see whether it was the designs or just lack of interest that has reduced the numbers of willing buyers.

I wish you the best of luck.
Exactly my thoughts.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by politel »

srs1286 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:12 pm Ah so you misunderstood my post then as it has nothing to do with the 9:00 logo or the double cross at 12 that's been beaten to death for years. It's about the repeated double cross dial specifically relevant to this proposed watch.
Yes, I misunderstood it :oops:
Sorry
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

^^ No problem at all!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Is this a dead subject now because the highest vote for any of the options was 20?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Funny you should ask.....as I was prepping a post.....

For now, this attempt at an FLE is over. We cannot seem to get enough support for any given model. I do not have enough faith that we can come up with 25 buyers for any viable model we have put forth and voted on.

It would seem that there are just to many cooks in the kitchen to reach a consensus so the Admin Team will take another look at alternatives.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

A wise man once said:-
Democracy kills Delivery ....
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

Far too many choices which splintered the vote :(
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CBMVic20 wrote:Far too many choices which splintered the vote :(
Appreciate the sentiment but there was no limitation on what could be voted on.

You could vote for one or vote for all, assuming you would be willing to buy.

Voting was specifically structured this way to negate the vote being splintered.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:46 pm
CBMVic20 wrote:Far too many choices which splintered the vote :(
Appreciate the sentiment but there was no limitation on what could be voted on.

You could vote for one or vote for all, assuming you would be willing to buy.

Voting was specifically structured this way to negate the vote being splintered.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
It's not that simple. With so many options, and so many similar ones, people will undoubtedly exclude ones that they may have bought if it was one of only a few options, because another option was 'perfect'.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I think there were too many choices in the end. Personally, I got to the point where I couldn’t tell them apart and lost interest!

I might be wrong but I thought the first iteration, the C60 GMT, seemed to get closer to the magic threshold for success?
Tim
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

timor54 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 pm I think there were too many choices in the end. Personally, I got to the point where I couldn’t tell them apart and lost interest!

I might be wrong but I thought the first iteration, the C60 GMT, seemed to get closer to the magic threshold for success?
I agree that it was far, far too many choices. It should have been 15 maximum... even 10 really. The point was to get it down to 3 top choices; very hard to do that from 30.

In retrospect I believe the GMT with the two-tone ceramic was more special than was offered afterwards and had the highest chance of winning. It wasn't really the seconds-hand issue that killed it than more so a lack of interest from the forum. Had more people been interested it would have easily made it past 25 and the winner would have picked itself.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Whether or not there were too many choices, Guy is right in pointing out that the voting method was designed to eliminate the possibility of the number of choices splintering the vote. However, human nature being what it is, we cannot be certain that some individuals might not have withheld their vote from something they would have been willing to buy in favour of their own personal favourite. I had a particular favourite and certainly considered that line, but ultimately I voted for the half dozen or so that I would certainly have bought. I would not have bought anything I didn’t vote for.

Having joined the forum in 2011, I can’t really comment on the processes for choosing any of the early FLEs because I didn’t take part in them.

To my mind the best, simplest and clearest process was for the FLE that produced the Blue Scooter and the Red Jag. The model was not negotiable, and the only parameters members were able to change were the colours on the dial and bezel, I believe. Probably the best FLE as well.

There were some great designs this time, just a pity we couldn’t approve one. Embarras de richesses.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:07 pm
timor54 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 pm I think there were too many choices in the end. Personally, I got to the point where I couldn’t tell them apart and lost interest!

I agree that it was far, far too many choices. It should have been 15 maximum... even 10 really. The point was to get it down to 3 top choices; very hard to do that from 30.

In retrospect I believe the GMT with the two-tone ceramic was more special than was offered afterwards and had the highest chance of winning. It wasn't really the seconds-hand issue that killed it than more so a lack of interest from the forum. Had more people been interested it would have easily made it past 25 and the winner would have picked itself.
IIRC, the only reason the 2-tone GMT didn't get there is because CW decided that the ceramic option wasn't available anymore and a lot of members didn't like the aluminium alternative.

Had the 2-tone ceramic insert still been available, I think it would have more than likely been in production now.
Ryan