When will I get my watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: When will I get my watch?

Post by Toph »

Glad to hear that it’s because they are Busier than expectations. Hopefully this will allow them to address the issue.
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:23 am A comment by Mike France yesterday at the GTG, whilst admitting the current slow dispatch times are not good and steps are being taken to improve them, along with apologising for the situation, was that with the release of the C60 Abyss and C65 Anthropocene CW had been amazed and somewhat caught off guard with a 400%, yes 400%, increase in sales.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Their excuses don't wash with me any more, apparently my C9 AM GT has been in for some time but can't be dispatched "because others have paid for next day delivery". This would be acceptable were it not for the fact I ordered this watch in July with an expectation that it'd be delivered that month. It was supposed to be a gift for my birthday in August(2019 btw)!

I've been p****d with them before and returned to make further purchases, but this experience makes me want to give up on them.
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

Well that’s simply unacceptable.
Ranger wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:55 am Their excuses don't wash with me any more, apparently my C9 AM GT has been in for some time but can't be dispatched "because others have paid for next day delivery". This would be acceptable were it not for the fact I ordered this watch in July with an expectation that it'd be delivered that month. It was supposed to be a gift for my birthday in August(2019 btw)!

I've been p****d with them before and returned to make further purchases, but this experience makes me want to give up on them.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:23 am A comment by Mike France yesterday at the GTG, whilst admitting the current slow dispatch times are not good and steps are being taken to improve them, along with apologising for the situation, was that with the release of the C60 Abyss and C65 Anthropocene CW had been amazed and somewhat caught off guard with a 400%, yes 400%, increase in sales.

Guy

Because hiring temp shipping department help is so difficult. Said no-one ever.

So, the release of 2 watches increased sales by 400%. Really? 2 watches outsell the ENTIRE CW catalog by a factor of 4 to 1? Sorry, not buying that either.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Ranger wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:55 am Their excuses don't wash with me any more, apparently my C9 AM GT has been in for some time but can't be dispatched "because others have paid for next day delivery". This would be acceptable were it not for the fact I ordered this watch in July with an expectation that it'd be delivered that month. It was supposed to be a gift for my birthday in August(2019 btw)!

Didn't I read another recent post or 2 that people had paid for next day delivery but hadn't received their watches for some significant number of days?
"So let's release a few new watches together at a time where we already have known slow despatch times that are yet to be solved, because obviously the sales of new releases won't have any additional impact on our presently overwhelmed despatch department".
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

It kind of sucks to be a CW fan right now. Their designs and quality have grabbed me since 2012, and up until recently the customer service was the very best alongside it. Any problems would be taken care of by Wera, and shipping was extremely quick; within days. :clap:

Now, flash forward quite a bit. The designs still speak to me, and quality is at the highest point ever. But huge growth of the company has hurt a service department that simply cannot keep up. Severely delayed shipping/repairs, inconsistent emails from service reps, and an apparent influx of minor to major issues with the watches themselves. Even I am scared that the 12 hour-markers on my C65 will not be aligned properly (which has been occurring lately). I did consider purchasing from other companies of similar quality, but CW grabbed my money once again! :roll:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

this is when someone from CW needs to come on here and explain/apologise.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

golfjunky wrote:this is when someone from CW needs to come on here and explain/apologise.
Which you know full well they will not do.

This is an independently run forum without input or editorial control by CW.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

golfjunky wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:56 am this is when someone from CW needs to come on here and explain/apologise.
Sorry but I don't agree with that.
Any apologies should be direct to those involved, i.e. those waiting too long for a delivery or repair or similar.
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

Well after being told on Friday that my strap would ship Tuesday and my watch this coming Friday .. the strap,shipped Friday and arrived in Australia today .
Watch has been shipped today.
Now under promising and over delivering :)
Things are looking up
Instagram @tophstewart
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

To add to the positive news above: My C65 ordered last Friday shipped this morning. Exactly one week; quicker than the bracelet! Not only that but the estimated delivery is this Monday. Wow! What year is this? :pssst:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Thunder1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm Well, I ordered a C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition on 10/24/2019...I've asked CW several times(via email) since then to provide me w/ a tracking #..I finally got a response just awhile ago..it reads:

xxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher Ward)
Oct 30, 17:29 GMT
Dear Mr Thunder1,

I hope you are well.
Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a delay in our dispatch department.
We are aiming to get the watch out to you as soon as possible.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxx
Customer Services Advisor

So, CW must be severely under staffed..I guess that is good news in terms of their long term health...still...
My watch showed up today..the wait was worth it!!..have a great weekend, folks...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

Received my watch yesterday after 2 phone calls. Not disappointed. :D
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Gasman wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:00 am Received my watch yesterday after 2 phone calls. Not disappointed. :D
Let's see some pics then :)
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

They are definitely catching up. My order on 5 Nov was despatched 8 Nov, arrived today. Very happy!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard