Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: Clearance Returns

Post by Jcalder68 »

Tempted by the blue C65 Auto...
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Post by Rob s »

Im trying to reduce my collection but got a C65 blue and a 595..... and 3 extra straps. Its like an addiction lol.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Rob s wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm Its like an addiction
FTFY :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hairy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:36 pm Snagged a 38mm blue MK3 on a hybrid, then added the metal bracelet and 125$ coupon.

$611 total. First CW incoming :D
How are you using a coupon on a clearance item and a bracelet? every time i add a watch from the clearance section that's on a strap and then add the bracelet for it to the cart and enter the coupon, it says the coupon is not valid.
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Post by Rob s »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Rob s wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm Its like an addiction
FTFY Image
Ha ha thanks!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Hairy

Post by Hairy »

WhiteWolf wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:32 am
Hairy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:36 pm Snagged a 38mm blue MK3 on a hybrid, then added the metal bracelet and 125$ coupon.

How are you using a coupon on a clearance item and a bracelet? every time i add a watch from the clearance section that's on a strap and then add the bracelet for it to the cart and enter the coupon, it says the coupon is not valid.
I dunno man. I added the sale watch, then added the bracelet, then added 125xmas or whatever. Were you using the correct coupon for the corresponding country website?
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

Says same for me when trying this using UK (in UK) Xmas code for £100 off
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Amor Vincit Omnia

In theory I believe that one should not be able to use a voucher in conjunction with a promo (e.g. Black Friday) or a sale/clearance/NN item. Nor on a Limited Edition.

The software should not allow it. In theory.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hairy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:44 pm

I dunno man. I added the sale watch, then added the bracelet, then added 125xmas or whatever. Were you using the correct coupon for the corresponding country website?
Yes. I thought i saw someone else earlier in this thread mention they used a code and bought a bracelet as well, but when i tried it, i kept getting "code invalid" error. this is what has kept me from making a purchase. i wanted one of the C65 Trident Automatics with a black dial from the last sale a week ago but all they had was the strap version. even with the 30% off, adding the bracelet back on brought the total back up to just barely under the new price using the $125 off coupon, so i gave up.

Amor is correct though, after reading the email, the code should not work. the fine print says "*Valid until midnight 24 November 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details" so there's clearly a glitch in their software allowing some orders to go through.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

This has worked for many years and CW would have stopped it or fixed the glitch if it was not allowed. For some reason, the promo code does not work on the C65 22mm bracelet but worked fine for me on the C60 22mm SS bracelet, titanium bracelet and leather straps.

The UK site will have about a 8 - 10% lower price than the .com/US site after conversion through my credit card company. Paypal conversion is crap as well so make sure to charge in it GBP and not USD when you use Paypal. And use a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:23 pm In theory I believe that one should not be able to use a voucher in conjunction with a promo (e.g. Black Friday) or a sale/clearance/NN item. Nor on a Limited Edition.
Limited Editions are not excluded from the promo code and they work just fine.
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^Thank you, Frank. I was working from memory and knew about the sale items.
Steve

Hairy

Post by Hairy »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm This has worked for many years and CW would have stopped it or fixed the glitch if it was not allowed. For some reason, the promo code does not work on the C65 22mm bracelet but worked fine for me on the C60 22mm SS bracelet, titanium bracelet and leather straps.

The UK site will have about a 8 - 10% lower price than the .com/US site after conversion through my credit card company. Paypal conversion is crap as well so make sure to charge in it GBP and not USD when you use Paypal. And use a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees.
The UK site shows 695 pounds for a C60 on the hybrid, while the US site shows $795 for the same watch. Google says 1 pound is roughly 1.3 dollars, so the C60 would be almost 895 dollars if doing a conversion. What am i missing?
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Hairy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:04 pm
nordwulf wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm This has worked for many years and CW would have stopped it or fixed the glitch if it was not allowed. For some reason, the promo code does not work on the C65 22mm bracelet but worked fine for me on the C60 22mm SS bracelet, titanium bracelet and leather straps.

The UK site shows 695 pounds for a C60 on the hybrid, while the US site shows $795 for the same watch. Google says 1 pound is roughly 1.3 dollars, so the C60 would be almost 895 dollars if doing a conversion. What am i missing?
The GBP price includes VAT at 20%
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

The price ex VAT is £579.16 = US$ 746.