C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Post by A1soknownas »

I think the hands and indices do match...and they don't!
It all depends upon the light as there appears to be a more polished surface on the side of the indices than on the above. When taken from the side with more light the polished areas catch the light and don't look as black as the hands - which also have two finishes too.

In this case it looks like CW are guilty of putting too much effort into their finishing :clap: !
I'm sure in real life conditions to they eye they look great together (apart from the black date window!)
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Thegreyman wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:48 pm ^^^ out of interest, in what respect do they not match?
The handset has a lovely inky blackness, setting them off perfectly against the white dial. The indices look more like plain steel, albeit I’m happy to take people’s words at face value and accept they may be black. The photographs don’t show them as black. If they matched, it wouldn’t matter how the photograph was taken, they would look matched, ie, both would look black.

I actually like the black datewheel, even though it doesn’t match the dial but then I’m the type of chap who will match belt/shoes/briefcase but not my tie and pocket square. It’s a funny old game. I still dislike the Anthropocene but fully accept, nay, celebrate other’s right to like it.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I am a little surprised 300 of these have not sold out yet.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

Same. But I hope there will be one left on Black Friday. I kinda want it, but would love to have discount for it.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Rice & Gravy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:58 pm I am a little surprised 300 of these have not sold out yet.
anyone in the know is waiting for a sale :D :D :D
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

It's hard when funds are limited and there's a one-off watch you like. You have to pass and potentially miss-out or pay extra from a seller. But that's the way it is sometimes.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

I recently had a chat with the support since one of my orders was delayed and I took the chance to ask how many of the 300 C65 are left. I also suggested a counter for limited editions.

Whilst there are quite a few of the C65 Anthropocene Limited Editions available at the moment, it is difficult to predict for how long.

It is unlikely that these will be on sale as they are limited editions, but with Black Friday approaching, it may well be that there is a limited offer. A counter is a very good idea and we will pass this on to our team to consider.
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

Been tempted by this since release as wanted a white faced watch and have been a fan of the c65 since its release last year
Spoke to them this morning and they confirmed they had 30 left so decided to make that 29 :silent:
Matt
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Great news.

Another one bites the dust (as is said in some parts).

Amazing sales results for CW that, with the C65 Anthropocene having broken cover at the NYC WindUp about three weeks ago, they are 90%+ sold of the 300 pieces.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Peacecamper

Post by Peacecamper »

Damn, 29 is not what I would consider "quite a few". Might have to buy it without a sale ... Hm.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Peacecamper wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:35 pm Damn, 29 is not what I would consider "quite a few". Might have to buy it without a sale ... Hm.
You can use the current promo codes which will give you 10-12% off. It would be silly to wait for the BF 15% code if you really want this. They'll be sold out by the end of this week.

This seems to be a very popular LE. Perhaps CW should just make it part of the unlimited C65 model range.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

12% code Nordwulf?
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Price on strap is £995 so using the £100 promo code will give you 10% off. Discount percentage is 12% if you're outside the EU and pay £829.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Make that 1 fewer on the unofficial unit counter........