When will I get my watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: When will I get my watch?

Post by monkeymax »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 am I suffered from a moment of madness and bought a Trident Elite on the 11th - it arrived yesterday. No updates, no phone calls, just slow - and faulty.
I was about to say somethign along the lines of "how did I miss that" - till your last two words!! That's a real shame that it'd arrive faulty!! :(
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

monkeymax wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 am I suffered from a moment of madness and bought a Trident Elite on the 11th - it arrived yesterday. No updates, no phone calls, just slow - and faulty.
I was about to say somethign along the lines of "how did I miss that" - till your last two words!! That's a real shame that it'd arrive faulty!! :(
It's fitted with a special moving dial when you pull or push the crown - I'm unlikely to buy another Trident for the foreseeable future. Funny thing is the time wasn't set, which they often did in the past. Question is whether it would've been noticed had this been done. :problem:

Problems aside, I prefer the case and bezel of the MK2 over the MK3 - the new model seems cheaper and less solid to me.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Well, I ordered a C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition on 10/24/2019...I've asked CW several times(via email) since then to provide me w/ a tracking #..I finally got a response just awhile ago..it reads:

xxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher Ward)
Oct 30, 17:29 GMT
Dear Mr Thunder1,

I hope you are well.
Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a delay in our dispatch department.
We are aiming to get the watch out to you as soon as possible.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxx
Customer Services Advisor

So, CW must be severely under staffed..I guess that is good news in terms of their long term health...still...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

I ordered two watches recently, the S21 bronze (23rd) and the trident bronze (a few days ago) I also have heard nothing. I tried to call today three times between 1pm and 2pm but got no reply. I am going to have to cancel one or both as my BMW has suffered engine problems to the tune of £500 so in a way it has served me well that CW cannot seem to get orders out in a reasonable time.

It seems to be a very different organisation to one that I have dealt with a couple of years ago
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:41 pm the current despatch time was two weeks.
shevanel wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm Ordered my C60 Trident (my first automatic watch!) on 16th, sent them an e-mail on 22nd asking what's the hold up. They answered that they are having delays and would despatch next week (this week).
Thunder1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a delay in our dispatch department.
2 weeks to pick, package and despatch a watch? Isn't this the base of the operation, the whole raison d'être?

Looks like their problems continue. The reason(s) given for delays and/or poor CS seem to move around from 1 department to another or 1 system to another.

A delay in the despatch department - is that insufficient staff to deal with the orders received for all the new releases, Clearance sales, returns, organising and attending watch shows, holding GTGs/evening showroom events and answering phone calls on top of the usual orders for their base portfolio watches?

And (sorry to mention this while we're still in October) orders for Christmas presents will no doubt be hitting them soon if not already and imagine the disappointment if they don't turn up in time. Then the January sale ?

As much as I like seeing their new watches I question the wisdom of so many in such a relatively short amount of time when they obviously have not been coping anyway for some months. Oh dear.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Mikkei4 wrote:
albionphoto wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:41 pm the current despatch time was two weeks.
shevanel wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm Ordered my C60 Trident (my first automatic watch!) on 16th, sent them an e-mail on 22nd asking what's the hold up. They answered that they are having delays and would despatch next week (this week).
Thunder1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a delay in our dispatch department.
2 weeks to pick, package and despatch a watch? Isn't this the base of the operation, the whole raison d'être?

Looks like their problems continue. The reason(s) given for delays and/or poor CS seem to move around from 1 department to another or 1 system to another.

A delay in the despatch department - is that insufficient staff to deal with the orders received for all the new releases, Clearance sales, returns, organising and attending watch shows, holding GTGs/evening showroom events and answering phone calls on top of the usual orders for their base portfolio watches?

And (sorry to mention this while we're still in October) orders for Christmas presents will no doubt be hitting them soon if not already and imagine the disappointment if they don't turn up in time. Then the January sale ?

As much as I like seeing their new watches I question the wisdom of so many in such a relatively short amount of time when they obviously have not been coping anyway for some months. Oh dear.
Yep, they are getting swamped and are completely unprepared for it. They are probably terrified of staffing up and then getting hit HARD by a recession.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

You should expect to receive a watch from CWL within 18-24 months from purchase.

Seriously, I’m in the USA so expect longer times, but it never took quite this long when I subtracted time it was held in customs. Was longer than Steinhart, Squale, Gnomon etc, but not this bad. Sounds like they are falling apart. The “growing pains” excuse is no longer plausible—too much time has passed and problems continue to get worse.

Hope you get it soon.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

i got mine today, having ordered it on the 23rd. The watch looks great, but I ordered two, so I shall see which one I shall keep. Certainly longer than I would expect on delivery time, and I really think that CW should let customers know of the lead time involved.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

^^Congrats, sir..wear it in good health!!...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:59 pm
Not too bothered about when I get my CW as it was a bit of an impulse buy, but it really is too much sometimes. Not even sure they’re embarrassed about poor CS etc anymore.
As it was an impulse buy and still no despatch notification, I’ve decided to cancel order. Cancellation confirmed by CW.

Keep an eye on Clearance, it was a Mkiii C60 Black/White.

Might look at one of their new releases?
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

Sorry to hear.
I’ve ordered 2 things in the last 11 days ( 4 days a part)
A hybrid strap and a c65 in the NN sale last Tuesday. I emailed them 3 times before I got a response on Friday morning UK time.
I said in my emails they could ship together If they liked and if so how long would that be. No rush but just so I have a rough idea. (Clearly articulating 2 order numbers)
So when I got a response eventually it says your order will ship next week, etc
I then responded with the point that I was enquiring about two orders.
The response was that one would ship next Tuesday and one would be next Friday. That’s fine. And I thanked them very much for letting me know. ( Just don’t know why that can’t be articulated within 72 hours of purchase automatically. )
Anyway the strap shipped 5 hours later lol.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

The bracelet I recently ordered took eight days to ship. The C65 I ordered Friday will take two weeks; I'll assume. Honestly, I'm not in a rush for these things; as long as my order went through OK I've got no problem waiting. I do know around holidays it can be hectic. Last Christmas I had a pair of sneakers that took almost two weeks to ship from a usually quick store due to it's Xmas sale. CW really do need to get things back as they used to be but if the length is around two weeks I've got no complaints.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Toph
Senior
Senior

Post by Toph »

I tend to agree, however surely they could have an auto email that goes out to say an approx timeframe? Timescales currently vary from 3 days to 3 weeks. I presume that’s based on product ordered, so surely CW have that information. It would be a win for customer experience and probably prevent the majority of us emailing after a week with no updates. We win and the CS staff win
Cheers
Devarika Woulf wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:11 am The bracelet I recently ordered took eight days to ship. The C65 I ordered Friday will take two weeks; I'll assume. Honestly, I'm not in a rush for these things; as long as my order went through OK I've got no problem waiting. I do know around holidays it can be hectic. Last Christmas I had a pair of sneakers that took almost two weeks to ship from a usually quick store due to it's Xmas sale. CW really do need to get things back as they used to be but if the length is around two weeks I've got no complaints.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A comment by Mike France yesterday at the GTG, whilst admitting the current slow dispatch times are not good and steps are being taken to improve them, along with apologising for the situation, was that with the release of the C60 Abyss and C65 Anthropocene CW had been amazed and somewhat caught off guard with a 400%, yes 400%, increase in sales.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:11 am The bracelet I recently ordered took eight days to ship. The C65 I ordered Friday will take two weeks; I'll assume. Honestly, I'm not in a rush for these things; as long as my order went through OK I've got no problem waiting. I do know around holidays it can be hectic. Last Christmas I had a pair of sneakers that took almost two weeks to ship from a usually quick store due to it's Xmas sale. CW really do need to get things back as they used to be but if the length is around two weeks I've got no complaints.
I still haven’t got my watch. I agree with what you say about a 2 week wait, but it should say that on the website instead of 2 days. They don’t even have to make/build the watch as it was from the clearance sale.
Can somebody tell me how you know there is a sale on. I am subscribed to the newsletter does it tell you on there?