Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Lancslad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:26 pm Looks good....but does anyone in the know..know if its a ceramic bezel as unless i missed it...it doesnt specify .
Les..
'fraid to say you missed it ol' boy. :wink:

2nd paragraph of the main description;-

Using the C65 Trident GMT as its starting point, the Anthropocene retains the range's '60s dive watch looks but strips away the near entirety of its remaining colour palette; its dial is finished in a matte white, with an inclined ring around its exterior conveying a sense of depth. Upholding the snowed-out aesthetic, white Super-LumiNova is used throughout. An apt addition for the Anthropocene has been made to its hands: a new black PVD finish matches its anodised aluminium 24-hour bezel insert, whilst offering a striking contrast against its dial. Indeed, an orange GMT hand offers the only moment of colour - a visual representation of the minute human presence at the heart of the opera's vast setting.

Plus under 'Features';-

Unidirectional stainless steel 24hr bezel with black anodised aluminium insert

:thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Main time 1.32, GMT @ 0 / 12 o'clock?

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I really, really like this (more than the C65 GMT Black I had delivered few weeks ago and still in its box), I may have to return and swap or sell the black...... But ideally I really want a white dial chrono!

Off topic - if anyone can think of a chrono that looks very similar stylewise to this (41-43mm clean white face/sports/chrono, black or blued hands and indices, ideally white sub dials too but panda would be OK), I would welcome suggestions? Maybe PM me or Ill start a new thread rather than derail this one.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

blowfish89 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 pm Looks good. Why the black date wheel ?
...and black name logo? :oops:

It's a shame that the bezel doesn't have lumed numbers like the Dartmouth bezel. Is it a technical issue or cost issue that prevented it on this watch or it being applied across the whole range of ali bezels?
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Got to say well done to CW for this and the Abyss. I've been ambivalent about CW range, but this and the Abyss have really caught my interest
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 pm
blowfish89 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 pm Looks good. Why the black date wheel ?
...and black name logo? :oops:

It's a shame that the bezel doesn't have lumed numbers like the Dartmouth bezel. Is it a technical issue or cost issue that prevented it on this watch or it being applied across the whole range of ali bezels?
Is this is a misprint, or has anyone seen/confirmed this to be the case? Looking at the website, they look like normal printed indices on the bezel with the '12' triangle being lumed.

Edit - sorry ... twas a bit off-topic, so back to the watch in question.

Looks decent overall, but I really can't understand the date wheel colour :?
The date wheel on the black C65s balance the CW logo quite well in person, but this just looks sloppy, especially given white is standard 'off-the-shelf'.
I'd like to know the thought process behind some of the design decisions (not that it's really my business :D)
Ryan
Lancslad
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lancslad »

Thanks for the info guy....i hadnt actually read the full write up from within the website only the initial offering page as such....so yes if i read the full article its there as you correctly said..lol....shame it isnt ceramic and lumed like the newer c60's.....but still a good looking watch..
Les..
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

And still a uni-directional bezel on a GMT...
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

StrappedUp wrote:Looks decent overall, but I really can't understand the date wheel colour :?
The date wheel on the black C65s balance the CW logo quite well in person, but this just looks sloppy, especially given white is standard 'off-the-shelf'.
I'd like to know the thought process behind some of the design decisions (not that it's really my business :D)
If you're coming along to the Bristol GTG on Saturday you can ask Adrian directly. He's pretty open with that sort of thing. Image
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Looks very nice. Not sure I could buy with a steel bezel as I'm too clumsy. My C60 ceramic bezel is still perfect despite numerous knocks
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

welshlad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm
StrappedUp wrote:Looks decent overall, but I really can't understand the date wheel colour :?
If you're coming along to the Bristol GTG on Saturday you can ask Adrian directly. He's pretty open with that sort of thing. Image
Would be good to know as, to my eyes, it looks utterly ridiculous.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I was more put off by the colour of the GMT hand but, now that you've mentioned it, a white date wheel with black text would look better too. Maybe a bezel around the date window and a white date wheel would help the design.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

welshlad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm
I am Steve and I will :thumbup:

I'll ensure I approach it the correct way. After all, he is a Product Designer by profession.
Then again and speaking from experience, we don't always get things right in our jobs.
Ryan
shirehorse
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by shirehorse »

Us watch fans LOVE the details, and it is probably a good thing that watch companies keep coming out with watches that have that onething that's a showstopper for us, otherwise we'd all be bankrupt.

I know for many (like me), the issue with CW is forever the logo position; and in this case a few have picked out the black date wheel as odd (and it is!).

However, CW shouldn't just churn out the easy designs over and over, that's boring. You need a core of designs that stick around and are within the standard watch parameters (sorry, that's a terrible phrase), however I think it is important that CW take a chance and occasionally throw out a design that provokes a bit. I like that, and for a change I like the deliberate contrast CW have gone for here - it works well with the other black features of the watch.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm I was more put off by the colour of the GMT hand but, now that you've mentioned it, a white date wheel with black text would look better too. Maybe a bezel around the date window and a white date wheel would help the design.
I think they've managed to get away with the black GMT hand here as they've used the full black handset so it doesn't look out of place.
Had they used the silver hands, it would have been a shocker.
Ryan